Sign in to follow this  
mannings bandy legs

Agbonlahor

They smell rage clicks. They spend all day winding up Arsenal fans so they will sit there and listen to Van Insurance ads. I wouldn’t worry about it 

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

They smell rage clicks. They spend all day winding up Arsenal fans so they will sit there and listen to Van Insurance ads. I wouldn’t worry about it 

You seem well informed on the content.....🤔 

Agbonlahor bombed out as a player at 30 odd, Micah Richards and Jermaine Jenas the same. Nuff said. 

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How do these clowns get airtime

🤔 Was that meant to be ironic? 😛 😄 

• Haha 1

It seems to be nothing more than he said that because he thought he should say that because Gilmour is on loan from magnificent Chelsea and we're just Norwich so by default Gilmour has to be our best player. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Agbonlahor bombed out as a player at 30 odd, Micah Richards and Jermaine Jenas the same. Nuff said. 

And now Wilshere who is on there, finished at 29. Wasn't O'hara in non league by 30 too?

I’m actually loving the fact the media are clutching their pearls over this. If they think we are done they’ve got another thing coming. We’ll have him in tears along with the rest of the team if they think they can play like that and get away with it.

The fact that Jenas and Richards both earn livings as ‘expert pundits’ irks me massively. Hardly a functioning brain cell between them and their ‘insight’ hardly ever extends beyond ‘how the manager did brilliant stuff at Tottenham / Man City’ (as applicable). Agbonlahor must be angling to get onto the same ‘spouting big club biased b*****ks’ gravy train.

Clearly, Mr Agbonlahor has not seen many of our games this season. Gilmore is sadly not going to make it as a top-tier player, unless he has the luxury of hiding behind amazing players such as Kante and Jorginho. You see a lot of what I call “passenger players” in the Premier League (think Wes Brown and Nicky Butt for example) who get shown up as soon as they move away from their top teams. We need someone who can add to the team, not be carried.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

And now Wilshere who is on there, finished at 29. Wasn't O'hara in non league by 30 too?

I think injuries have played a huge part in those two examples 

2 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I think injuries have played a huge part in those two examples 

Wilshere felt that Wigan was beneath him didn't he? Could be playing this season if he wanted. 

1 hour ago, mannings bandy legs said:

See Gobby (see what I done there!) Agbonlahor has put his tenpenneth in about Gilmour,saying without him we would be losing 8 or 9 nil. Give me strength!!!!!!!

Even though we did t when he wasn’t…hmmm

When watching the Palace game with the Family I prepared a bingo cards for all members. One entry was an a pundit stating what a wonderful player Gilmour is. Let’s say I was not disappointed.

And this horrific abomination of a season sees our reputation take even more of a blow because as much as we all know the reality, the media narrative here will be that Gilmour was out of place in a struggling team and that our fans abused him and that we deserve all the pain that is coming with rekegation.

it’s falling apart because everyone is frustrated as hell and it all flows from the top. 

• Like 1

Is that the 'model professional' Agbonlahor talking on a rent-a-quote radio station. Park him in the Jamie O'Hara bin section, nothing to see here. 

I do like Michael Bailey's most recent article on Gilmour though and agree with the points he has made.

Billy Gilmour:

• Does still want the ball unlike others
  • Never stops running whatever the score
  • Is genuinely trying his best
  • Not suited to play in this formation / a team fighting for their lives every match

He's the wrong player at the wrong time, no slight on the player himself. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

When watching the Palace game with the Family I prepared a bingo cards for all members. One entry was an a pundit stating what a wonderful player Gilmour is. Let’s say I was not disappointed.

You made your family sit through that? poor things! 

Also - I bet the winter nights fly by in your house............... 🙄

Gilmour has shown the potential of being a world class player for Scotland and Chelsea… he is still young and I expect him to flourish eventually.

But to say he should leave Norwich in Jan is absolute rubbish. He isn’t showing that he is better than our current squad, whilst many of them are championship players, it’s still a squad of international players that have achieved more than Gilmour. This relegation battle will prob help develop his game and he certainly shouldn’t need a blanket wrapped around him by moving him to a club where he feels comfortable to just play to his strengths. 

Abonlahor is the thickest person in the media. It doesn't matter that Billy has peen poor for us all season because he had a good game for Scotland once and played well in a couple of cup games for Chelsea.   

• Like 1

Pundits toe the line. Thats why I listen to Keane. He says what he thinks and not what they want to hear.

Richards does nothing but giggle. Shearer can't move his lips. Jenas thinks he is a celebrity. Murphy is a drone. And Carragher and Neville just exist to promote their own two teams.

None of them watch us unless a colour commentators and probably think that Gilmour must be good because he is a Chelsea player. Lets see if he makes it at Stamford Bridge.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Pundits toe the line. Thats why I listen to Keane. He says what he thinks and not what they want to hear.

Richards does nothing but giggle. Shearer can't move his lips. Jenas thinks he is a celebrity. Murphy is a drone. And Carragher and Neville just exist to promote their own two teams.

None of them watch us unless a colour commentators and probably think that Gilmour must be good because he is a Chelsea player. Lets see if he makes it at Stamford Bridge.

I quite like Micah Richards, and Jermaine Jenas, both seem to love football, give positive views, and provide some interesting insights.  Gary Neville has really grown on me, he has opinions, and they seem pretty rounded and considered.

The others are pretty poor, Keane has strong opinions, but they are pretty divisive.  Jamie Carragher seems very Liverpool orientated.

interesting that we all see the pundits differently.

Gabby is vacuous.

Edited by Newtopia

“They’ll be worse off without him. They are losing three, four, five nils – they’ll be losing eight, nine nils without Gilmour"

🤣

"We’ve seen what he’s done in a Scotland shirt - He’s playing with Championship players. They’re not good enough, the players he’s playing with"

🤣  Conveniently ignoring that McLean and Hanley are his international team-mates

So according to Gabby - Gilmour's defensive contribution is 4-5 goals saved every game. Has he actually watched him at all in yellow?

Edited by The Great Mass Debater

1 hour ago, Bovril said:

Billy Gilmour:

• Does still want the ball unlike others
  • Never stops running whatever the score
  • Is genuinely trying his best
  • Not suited to play in this formation / a team fighting for their lives every match

I agree with the first 3 points but not with the last one.

And what that analysis doesn't say is that (a) his passing isn't great, (b) neither is his shooting, (c) he is easily knocked off the ball, (d) he is not a great tackler and (e) his free kicks & corners usually result in nothing.

Wanting the ball, never stopping running and genuinly trying his best do not, on their own, make a top quality footballer.

What exactly is Gilmour supposed to be giving us in games that we would miss if he wasnt in the team?

We didnt miss him when he was out of the team, other than the Becchio effect (currently known as the Sorenson effect) whereby the player not making the team becomes a world-beater. Other than on the imaginary pitch in the minds of the people who think he should be playing when not in the team, when has Gilmour contributed anything, really?

The pressure brought about on the manager for excluding busted flushes such as him and Cantwell is probably the only thing about our season he has influenced at all.

We didnt want fat Frank and we dont want Gilmour - we dont want to be Chelsea by extension

Edited by The Great Mass Debater

There is a player in there (Gilmour) and he will improve as he gets older and most importantly right now, stronger. However, we are clearly not the right club for his development right now.

He would have been better being on loan to us last year or to a Fulham/Bournemouth this year where the team is expected to dominate large chunks of the game. He needs a protector alongside him and right now we're asking him to be the protector, and clearly it's not working. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a success of himself in 3/4 years time (at a West Ham/Villa type club) but he's not right for us right now. It's a shame, a midfield of Gilmour, Norman + a true DM could have been very good.