Sign in to follow this  
Virtual reality

Farke statement

Touching. I will miss him, you could always tell he loved this club. He was never a Watford stye 'i'm just here for two or three months until the next one comes about' manager, I think he always knew he would be here for the long haul and almost 5 years s a long time for a manager nowdays. Wish him all the best

7 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

“We’ll meet again”

Interesting. Perhaps he’s going to look for another English club.

I for one hope he doesnt, still think he will end Padderborn manager at some point and meet up with Srbeny and Steippermann. I don't think I could take seeing him take us on in charge of another team

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Touching. I will miss him, you could always tell he loved this club. He was never a Watford stye 'i'm just here for two or three months until the next one comes about' manager, I think he always knew he would be here for the long haul and almost 5 years s a long time for a manager nowdays. Wish him all the best

I for one hope he doesnt, still think he will end Padderborn manager at some point and meet up with Srbeny and Steippermann. I don't think I could take seeing him take us on in charge of another team

That actually wouldn’t bother me (team dependant of course), because you know he would behave with class and respect. There’d be no fist pumping a la lambert if he beat us. I actually do hope he has success in the premier league one day, genuinely. I think he has it in him, but he needs quality players to be able to implement his philosophy. Unfortunately for us, he just didn’t have relegation dog fight in his armoury.

Typically gracious from Daniel Farke. Expected nothing else.

He is a real gentleman. Someone who has probably united our whole fan base at many times in his 4+ years....a rare feat.

His legacy will be always be a strong one, and will arguably grow in time. He is up there with other Norwich greats.

I just hope that the board or perhaps I should ask Archant if they can collate well wishes to send (from the fans that wish to do that). 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Typically gracious from Daniel Farke. Expected nothing else.

He is a real gentleman. Someone who has probably united our whole fan base at many times in his 4+ years....a rare feat.

His legacy will be always be a strong one, and will arguably grow in time. He is up there with other Norwich greats.

I just hope that the board or perhaps I should ask Archant if they can collate well wishes to send (from the fans that wish to do that). 

Yes we need a way to send our appreciation to him and his whole team

• Like 2

In the cold light of day, I’ve had some real choked up moments today over this! I’ve some incredible memories over the past 4 years and this just feels like an actual loss! Gracious to the end. Thank you Daniel

• Like 1

Gentleman and club legend no doubt…as long as he stays away from the sc*m. 

Just a class man….god I’m going to miss him! Don’t envy the new manager whoever he is, unless he keeps us up he’s going to have a really tough job following one of our most loved managers.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

“We’ll meet again”

Interesting. Perhaps he’s going to look for another English club.

I don't think it means that at all. Just saying he genuinely loves the club and knows he will be welcomed with open arms at any time.

Indeed Hogs, true gent, it’s noticeable that those players who have had an issue with Farke are the ego type who don’t put in the work. 

28 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

In the cold light of day, I’ve had some real choked up moments today over this! I’ve some incredible memories over the past 4 years and this just feels like an actual loss! Gracious to the end. Thank you Daniel

Spot on. Still can’t quite believe it.

A bit sooner than I expected but a nice statement albeit it rather brief. No mention of the players which is a little strange.

That's it then, we'll hear nothing further from DF I suspect. Great memories, especially that 2018/19 season which was the best ever from my perspective with those absolute mental celebrations and last gasp goals.

I fear we'll never see the likes of those days again.

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Indeed Hogs, true gent, it’s noticeable that those players who have had an issue with Farke are the ego type who don’t put in the work. 

Stop making out that players have gone behind Farke's back to get him sacked.

The moment Farke implied that he doesn't have enough quality in his squad he was gone, because Webber has said that Farke was given the guns and ammunition to stay up this time.

That was the moment the bond between Webber and Farke was broken, they'd contradicted each other, one of them was going to have to go - and it was always going to be Farke. 

These ninjas wielding onions are really beginning to hack me off. 😉

Seriously, I wouldn't have expected anything less than absolute grace from Farke. Reminds me of the approach that some friends come for a reason, a season, and a lifetime. I think a fair few of us, myself very much included, were hoping he'd get a chance to really live out a long career with us like Ferguson at Man Utd, Wenger at Arsenal, Guy Roux at Auxerre, Volker Finke at Freiburg, etc. And some of the football we ended up playing, with such young players, gave us hope he was it.

I think many of us hoped he'd be the "lifetime". Unfortunately, it was more of a "reason". Namely keeping us in the Championship whilst chopping the wage bill to far more sustainable levels, whilst helping on a decent crop of promising youngsters. He's done that beautifully. And that last sentence of his seems to hint his heart still bleeds yellow and green.

Apparently at Lippstadt he'd wanted to become a director of football. 

I'll put it here - when Webber goes, how about it? How about Farke coming back here as DoF?

• Like 2

Always dignified. Always gracious. A man who clearly had a lot of  affection for the club,  and indeed,  the city. Nothing but respect for what he’s achieved here. Some very special memories for us to cherish. I hope he will return one day so we can show our appreciation. 

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Stop making out that players have gone behind Farke's back to get him sacked.

The moment Farke implied that he doesn't have enough quality in his squad he was gone, because Webber has said that Farke was given the guns and ammunition to stay up this time.

That was the moment the bond between Webber and Farke was broken, they'd contradicted each other, one of them was going to have to go - and it was always going to be Farke. 

Nope not saying that all, Teemu, I was commenting about those he froze out, Lietner, Drmic etc.

And I’m sorry but if you think this squad with Hanley, Dowell, McLean, are anywhere near a premier squad. We have maybe five players in our entire squad who might be about good enough.

Edited by Indy

A class act as always.  Where would we be now if he hadn't come in?  I remember the favourites at the time included Gary Rowett and Mark Warburton.  I would think we would have had many years of championship drudgery if an appointment of that ilk had been made and the financial situation would have been considerably worse.

15 minutes ago, Indy said:

Nope not saying that all, Teemu, I was commenting about those he froze out, Lietner, Drmic etc.

And I’m sorry but if you think this squad with Hanley, Dowell, McLean, are anywhere near a premier squad. We have maybe five players in our entire squad who might be about good enough.

Ah i get you.

I never said that I felt this squad was Premier League.

But the moment Farke implied that his players weren't good enough he'd contradicted Webber, and made Webber look bad, so now Webber is taking a punt on a manager who might make his summer window look a bit more successful. To save his own skin.

And I hope it works, because it is preferable to finding out we'd wasted £50m on turnips. 

20 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

These ninjas wielding onions are really beginning to hack me off. 😉

Seriously, I wouldn't have expected anything less than absolute grace from Farke. Reminds me of the approach that some friends come for a reason, a season, and a lifetime. I think a fair few of us, myself very much included, were hoping he'd get a chance to really live out a long career with us like Ferguson at Man Utd, Wenger at Arsenal, Guy Roux at Auxerre, Volker Finke at Freiburg, etc. And some of the football we ended up playing, with such young players, gave us hope he was it.

I think many of us hoped he'd be the "lifetime". Unfortunately, it was more of a "reason". Namely keeping us in the Championship whilst chopping the wage bill to far more sustainable levels, whilst helping on a decent crop of promising youngsters. He's done that beautifully. And that last sentence of his seems to hint his heart still bleeds yellow and green.

Apparently at Lippstadt he'd wanted to become a director of football. 

I'll put it here - when Webber goes, how about it? How about Farke coming back here as DoF?

👍

An absolute yes from me and that isn't just being sentimental but a genuine yes.

• Like 2

Very Nice Of Farke true Gentleman

We'll meet again !! Webber said Farke would manage in the Champions league one day we might meet him there !! 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Ah i get you.

I never said that I felt this squad was Premier League.

But the moment Farke implied that his players weren't good enough he'd contradicted Webber, and made Webber look bad, so now Webber is taking a punt on a manager who might make his summer window look a bit more successful. To save his own skin.

And I hope it works, because it is preferable to finding out we'd wasted £50m on turnips. 

Agree, I think Webber basically laid his failings at Farkes door and he’ll be culpable end of this season if we go down, he should be shown the door too.

Still the reality is a net spend of 27 million which will be covered by the sales of Aarons & Cantwell in the summer, no doubt…..

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Very Nice Of Farke true Gentleman

We'll meet again !! Webber said Farke would manage in the Champions league one day we might meet him there !! 

Well, you’ve got the Champions bit right anyway NFG 😉

• Haha 1

I would like to see the board invite Daniel back to CR next summer to have him inducted into our Hall of Fame in front of the fans. It would give us all the opportunity to give him the send off he deserves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Agree, I think Webber basically laid his failings at Farkes door and he’ll be culpable end of this season if we go down, he should be shown the door too.

Still the reality is a net spend of 27 million which will be covered by the sales of Aarons & Cantwell in the summer, no doubt…..

I think the BOD must put on hold extending or renewing Webber's contract now until the end of the season. Let's see how the ground lies then but at the moment it's fair to say he's unpopular. Has to carry some of the blame IF we are relegated.

• Like 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

I think the BOD must put on hold extending or renewing Webber's contract now until the end of the season. Let's see how the ground lies then but at the moment it's fair to say he's unpopular. Has to carry some of the blame IF we are relegated.

I’d say most of the blame!

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

According to the Telegraph, it's been extended