Firing him means the end of the plan and that just isnt going to happen.

As long as relegations are followed quickly by promotions then the plan is working.

Some may not like it but what we are seeing " is the plan".

4 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Really?  With our squad?  With our resources?  Any other manager coming in won't make any difference to that. 

Perhaps not in terms of results. But I'd at least like to see them try. They haven't done that this season. A new face my help that.

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

As long as relegations are followed quickly by promotions then the plan is working.

I disagree, this isn't the same NCFC as old that always sat on its hands (i.e. through Worthington, Hughton etc), Webber is the man who has the power and he will surely be expecting much more from what he's given Farke. I genuinely don't see him getting past Leeds if its another turgid game, maybe Brentford, but certainly no further.  

24 minutes ago, ricardo said:

No it doesn't. Why on earth do people think this? Clubs who operate similar models to us change head coach all the time, in fact one of the major benefits of the SD model is that changing manager is easier as it leads to less upheaval as you're not sacking the person in charge of everything. 

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

No it doesn't. Why on earth do people think this? Clubs who operate similar models to us change head coach all the time, in fact one of the major benefits of the SD model is that changing manager is easier as it leads to less upheaval as you're not sacking the person in charge of everything. 

Then you seem to be unaware of what the plan is. 

The plan states we are to maintain top 26 status not top 17.

Perhaps you should agitate for a different plan.

9 hours ago, fredherring said:

This is so staggeringly ignorant I can't believe you've watched a single championship game. 

The entire point of our short passing possession game was that it was so fast that opposition just couldn't deal with it. 

Describing farkeball as plodding is astonishingly stupid. 

You obviously didnt read my post or have not yet realised we are not in the Champs this season...which is my whole point. Idid say farkeball was great in the Champs..but in the Prem the ball is going nowhere fast..add in the zonal stuff and players who as a team are just leaving huge gaps everywhere and every other Prem team who know  how Farkeball works..its just to easy for other teams to do as they wish..the whole  performance on Saturday was a plod...no desire, no spark...if you saw anything to suggest that farkeball works in the Prem then pease enlighten me...for me the team looks slow, ponderous, bereft of ideas, weak, not knowing how to get a win from anywhere...nay  not even score..i describe the whole thing as plodding and slow..and its farkeball.

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

Lose on Sunday heavily and it’s happening. 

If they are refusing to sack Farke after a 7-0 thrashing, after 2 points from a possible 27 points, after only one goal scored from open play, after so many goals conceded we have all lost count; then they are never going to sack Farke. He is obviously doing what he has been briefed to do by the Directors. 
if Farke is in charge against Leeds and City loses then he will be sacked by the crowd and the players. Dead man walking.

No guarantees of bouncing back at the first attempt next season

Theres a month long World Cup slap bang in the middle of the season that could destroy momentum or throw the whole season into chaos.

We are in the Premier League 'NOW' ...and should be doing everything in our power to maintain that status, changing the manager included.

1 minute ago, Canary Jedi said:

Rob Newman? Good one 👍

he would be a good head of recruitment it must be a sign !! it was written in the stars (or poster !! )

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ricardo said:

He will still be here at Xmas Jim, sackings aren't  part of the plan and they wont ditch the plan.

Get used to it.😉

This, especially the last bit, and I wouldn't be shocked to see him here at the end of the season.

7 hours ago, ricardo said:

There is no such grand plan. We're simply unable to leap from current model (sell players and feed off parachute payments) to a new model (tv and merch revenue). It would require heavy investment for 2-3 seasons. We don't have the money and if we relegate, we won't have the money.

Our squad probably is competitive vs bottom third of PL, but our manager is not.

I think future employees will take a very dim view of Webber if he doesn't sack Farke. It would give the impression he does not know how to run a football club.

He's a different animal to what we've had before and his reputation is at stake. 

17 hours ago, ricardo said:

They revised the Top 26 statement upon promotion. It also doesn't mean any relegation will be satisfactory. We didn't spend £50 million not to show any improvement.

Poor performance against Leeds and he'll be gone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

They revised the Top 26 statement upon promotion. It also doesn't mean any relegation will be satisfactory. We didn't spend £50 million not to show any improvement.

Exactly.

And also, 'top 26' doesn't mean 'we're happy with relegation' anyhow. It means 'we're running the club in such a way that relegation is not a catastrophe'.

Finally, if 'the model' means anything, it means we should be able to fire the coach without abandoning the overall plan. That's not to say DF should go - I don't have anywhere near enough information to make that judgment - just that surely the advantage of the sporting director/coach model is that appointing a new coach shouldn't mean disrupting the whole club.

• Like 1

Ok. It is now close of play on Tuesday night. No statement from the Directors.  So Farke will be in charge against Leeds. Personally I think this is a mistake. If we lose then Farke stands to be humiliated at Carrow Road. If we win , then the jury is still out and wondering if was a one off. Whatever. The players must now show they are committed to giving their best for the Club and the Supporters, give a performance that shows they think they are worthy to be in the top flight. Anything other than a maximum effort showing will be unacceptable. 

Many of us are already resigned to another spineless relegation, just nobody expected our season to be over by the end of October .

If the squad really want to get rid of their head coach, then we will see another Chelsea type performance with no effort.

We can still keep the top 26 model and work to bring through young players and gradually build the club and not be wed to the slow, possession based football that is currently bottle necking our progress, keep all that's good right now, just replace the coach and alter our playing philosophy. The playing style is the problem right now, if we change to a manager who can coach a higher intensity style of football yes we'll still go up and down but it won't be so utterly abject and embarrassing as it is right now. 

The style of possesion football we play only works if you have at least equal quality players compared to the opposition. It simply breaks down and falls apart when we don't have the quality to pass it around teams and dominate possession and territory, all the structural weaknesses off the ball are exposed and we just look a shockingly poor side as a result. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

The project or the plan doesn't rely on Farke being here, I'm not sure why people thinks it does. He executes the plan, but he isn't the plan.

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yep.

The idea that firing him to increase our chances of staying in the Premier League means 'the end of plan' is nonsense.

Indeed. And when it was Neil out Farke wasn't part of the plan. Right back to Worthy out when Grant, Roeder and Gunn weren't part of the plan.

Going down rabbit holes with hindsight won't change anything. Whenever we are disappointed by results someone go as to pay. What may or may not come next is never part of the plan.

I'm pleased Farke went when he did so that he avoided leaving in the way Smith did. Because that was coming. I think we all know that deep down.

Edited by nutty nigel

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm pleased Farke went when he did so that he avoided leaving in the way Smith did. Because that was coming. I think we all know that deep down.

I don't think it was inevitable that would have happened. It was plainly going to be tough, whoever was in charge. I think Farke had broad enough shoulders to weather any storm and we would have come out of that season with a creditable attempt to stay up, even if it wasn't enough to actually stay up - and then we would have a decent manager for this level again.

He broke the losing run, got the first victory and to my mind that win was a huge moment. To sack him at the very point that we made a breakthrough was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen watching our club. Even if the decision had already been made, it could have been rescinded quite easily. Seeing what happened afterwards only re-inforced that it was a huge mistake.

I would rather Webber had come out saying loud and clear that Farke was staying for the season and I believe the majority of fans would have settled for that, knowing that whoever in charge was going to struggle.

Farke said on an interview at Leeds yesterday that "I was in the PL with a club that had no chance of staying up"......he knew he didn't have the players - and Webber should have known that too.  He would have done his best to keep us up, had he stayed, but anyone with any sense knew we would carry on struggling whoever was in charge. To change it at that point was like saying "well at least we tried", but that is just as stupid when you know you are almost certainly going to be relegated anyway and already have a man who has just had a record breaking season in the league you are going to be in the following season.

I know, I've gone off on one again :classic_smile: and I know we have to make the best of it and move on, but this appointment really hurts and I do wonder if this season's mantra on here is going to be "wish we were Leeds"...................

• Like 1

Lakey, it will be wish we were someone, it always is, so why not Leeds.

Edited by nutty nigel
🙃😉
  • Like 1

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Lakey, it will be wish we were someone, it always is, so why not Leeds.

Indeed, but I hope Wagner can get something going for us so that doesn't have to happen!

• Like 1