Not many are, at least as far as we're concerned. Lambert was the last and then went on to fail miserably at Ipswich.

We need to get out of the Championship first before we concern ourselves with bigger and better things.

42 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not many are, at least as far as we're concerned. Lambert was the last and then went on to fail miserably at Ipswich.

We need to get out of the Championship first before we concern ourselves with bigger and better things.

…as do Leeds.  Someone ought to tell them and their new manager!

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well one thing’s for sure, we were well matched with Farke if we weren’t a PL side, as he wasn’t a PL manager.

Good point. I wonder had Farke been a little more established, he would have resigned when he had to play Webber's magic beans? 

Farke tenure at Leeds will be of great interest and may lead to the reevaluation of what he did here. If he does very well at Leeds, it could lead to greater things. If not, then English Football may be the past. 

Edited by komakino

5 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well one thing’s for sure, we were well matched with Farke if we weren’t a PL side, as he wasn’t a PL manager.

That said it’s very hard when your main standout player is sold upon promotion. Will he replicate his Championship pedigree at Leeds? Who knows really. One thing is for sure (forgive the pun) he’ll be backed to survive at Leeds far more than he ever was at Norwich. 

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Farke always made the point that he never walked out on a contract. He wouldn't have here.

Fair play on that although financially it would be mad to do so.

Funny though I seem to remember he said he wouldn't manage another English club ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Funny though I seem to remember he said he wouldn't manage another English club ?

I don't recall him saying that? Huckerby said that he'd never play against us. Farke said nothing of the sort.

50 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I don't remember that either.

53 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Glad it wasn't just me that remembered that. I have a vivid memory of him saying he'd manage other clubs, but Norwich would be his only English club.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Glad it wasn't just me that remembered that. I have a vivid memory of him saying he'd manage other clubs, but Norwich would be his only English club.

I thought he said 'home'.

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

You might be right. I've tried to find it, but to no avail.

He certainly said “my blood is yellow and this is my second home”; at least he can still say the first bit, what with Leeds often having yellow away kits

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:
6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I thought he said 'home'.

Yes, that's what I thought. It was part of the love affair he had with the club and that he liked everything about the club, Delia, the togetherness with the fans and the area. It was - for a while at least - a special relationship. Difficult to replicate that elsewhere - a bit like some players come to us and stay in the area, even after they've finished working at the club. 

• Like 1