chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Chelsea (A/PL) ****

i know many will laugh but i would love to see Sargent and Placheta upfront 

Sargent to flick the ball on to the super fast player that no CB will catch 

Placheta would worry any CB with his pace i dont know if he would worry the goal with his finishing but nobody is doing that at the minute 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It will be the ball over the top either from the CHs or Normann. Quickly turning the Chelsea defence is the only option. Trying to play out against that Chelsea press will be suicidal.

Chelsea don’t press that high up, they focus more on dominating midfield. 

I know it's Chelsea, but this is embarrassing again, we are lam'bs to the slaughter every week and offer absolutely nothing going forward

Edited by Jsim1986
  • Like 1

Great finish that...

Thought we were looking quite bright but there we are. As always, our midfield is looking practically non-existent. Lees-Melou isn’t the one I’m afraid to say.

• Like 1

I can’t believe how crap that defence is, that we need to have a defensive 8 playing! 

We’re the most boring team in years and yet we’ve bought some very exciting players! Time to be brave!

1 minute ago, Unhinged Canary said:

Don't worry! It's a long season. There's always next week. Or the week after that. Or the week after that......

Repeat until relegation.

Season doesn't start until we've played all 19 😉

• Haha 1

The midfield is totally out muscled. Which, given that this was evidently the main issue last premiership campaign, begs the question of why we spent all our budget on small young wingers? Normann gives us half a chance but literally none of our other central midfielders is good enough. 

Just now, Don’t be Krul said:

I know it's only 10 mins in but time for a moan. Sargent has had 2 touches and I'm now convinced he can trap a ball further than I can kick one

Agreed, I desperately want to like Sargent and he clearly works very hard but technically I’m convinced he’s the worst player we have. Can’t score, has no first touch, not particularly quick, no aerial presence. Would much rather have another midfielder on in his place.

FFS just who was closing down (supposedly) on the edge of the box. Just like the Salah goal from Liverpool. Absolutely no one!

the difference in class is immense! Has Farke learnt anything. Week in, week out, defensively City are crap!

• Like 2