yellow_belly

Next manager. Who should we get?

No need to knee-jerk - calm heads are required right now! After all he has achieved, Daniel Farke deserves our full support. Providing there are 10 points+ on the board before we play Brentford on Nov 6th, there will be justifiable optimism. 

Totally different matter if not though...

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Losing the supporters, the poll on this  site would suggest otherwise, currently 60% are saying he should not be sacked. Another example of an opinion being portrayed as a fact..........

Not claiming it to be a fact , but a poll on a website is not a true reflection either...

15 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

No need to knee-jerk - calm heads are required right now! After all he has achieved, Daniel Farke deserves our full support. Providing there are 10 points+ on the board before we play Brentford on Nov 6th, there will be justifiable optimism. 

Totally different matter if not though...

Not going to happen in my honest opinion...however much I would like it to

1 hour ago, chicken said:

And possibly some conversions... probably a bit of a Hail Mary expecting us to land someone of his lofty position though.

On the plus side, he wouldn't demand high wages and we could start our own wine business as he bottles up water from the Yare.

Not an option I would go for. Our fans would end up crucifying him.........................

1 hour ago, ROBFLECK said:

Not claiming it to be a fact , but a poll on a website is not a true reflection either...

Absolutely... this forum is not factual evidence that most don't what a change. Its populated by a handful of people, mostly of a certain opinion... nothing wrong with that at all but not much of a indication of fans opinions. Wrath far more up for change for example (that doesn't make them the voice of the fan either).

I'd say its still pretty much for giving Farke more time but that will very quickly run out without a vast improvement in points on the board.

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

You can when the defeats are born from the same mistakes made two seasons ago.  We're giving the ball away cheaply and pulled apart far too easily at the back and allowing space to opponents.

If we had solidified and were missing chances that were leading to us losing then I get it, it's different. 

But what we're seeing is a continuation of the same issues that plagued us previously.  The pundits are calling out the same naiveties and lack of organisation at the back and we're not learning.   

So for me it's very much relevant and we need to use it to nip this in the bud as early as possible.  I agree in disliking the phrase being used somewhat incorrectly, and feel it's wrong due to the championship season - but we have to get real in this instance too and back the manager until it's obviously clear that we're failing.

It's with a different squad though. If after 5 more games there's still the same problems then we know it's not bedding in issues. For now, it's 5 loses in a row. 

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

It's with a different squad though. If after 5 more games there's still the same problems then we know it's not bedding in issues. For now, it's 5 loses in a row. 

14 against, 2 for, one goal in open play.... 

3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

He is not capable of winning games in this league. He needs to start or move over and give someone else a chance. 

Chris Wilder...undermined by poor recruitment did an excellent job first season with a weaker squad.

Wilder’s poor recruitment was all his own. They spent a fortune on McBurnie and Brewster while trying to get Maupay by reducing their bids and deciding Watkins wasn’t good enough for them in the Championship. You could invest in Eddie Howe long term like Bournemouth did but you’d loathe Wilder before the season was out. 

Just now, NFN FC said:

That's exactly why the focus is on Farke and the losing record that's personally attributed to him, the same naiveties exist despite a massive restructure of players.  I think he's trying to play a game that suits top 6 players who are both excellent in their defensive capabilities and playing the ball.

I want nothing more than to see him succeed, or at least just show that they can become more streetwise in the next few league matches.  Got to the point where Football is starting to ruin my weekends a little to be honest.  I didn't feel too bad after the match, but reading threads like this it's got me far more downwards looking.

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Daniel Farke is the manager and will get this squad to start performing better.

I like to think the issues we have are growing pains - look where we started from four years ago and see how the squad has developed and our football improved. Yes this season has been hard to take so far and the PL is a very unforgiving league - and consider that whoever we get in might not be any better and could be a heck of a lot worse.

Just like he did the previous PL squad! What is his record in the premier league 11.3% win percentage! 

23 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

14 against, 2 for, one goal in open play.... 

🧐 Sherlock 👏

19 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

That's exactly why the focus is on Farke and the losing record that's personally attributed to him, the same naiveties exist despite a massive restructure of players.  I think he's trying to play a game that suits top 6 players who are both excellent in their defensive capabilities and playing the ball.

I want nothing more than to see him succeed, or at least just show that they can become more streetwise in the next few league matches.  Got to the point where Football is starting to ruin my weekends a little to be honest.  I didn't feel too bad after the match, but reading threads like this it's got me far more downwards looking.

Still think it's a bit early to be calling for his head. See where we are at xmas

4 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Still think it's a bit early to be calling for his head. See where we are at xmas

Oh 100%, although there's no chance he's got till Christmas if this continues.  What we saw Saturday was just diabolical and far too damaging to our fans, players and club as a whole.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

I want a head, any head, on a platter and I want it now.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I think he's trying to play a game that suits top 6 players who are both excellent in their defensive capabilities and playing the ball.

Ive been thinking this for a while. He’s got excellent nous but doesn’t have the players to carry it out. I think a level of pragmatism is required to survive at this level, we only have to look at Burnley. It’s not attractive football but it gets the job done most of the time. We can all sit there and wish for Norwich to be a top half team by playing silky football but it won’t happen with the quality of players we can afford. 

2 hours ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Losing the fans would be correct, I think you are reading it as lost the fans. That is of course assuming that less that 40% wanted him sacked a week ago etc. There is significantly less faith in Farke now than there was at the start of the season..ergo he is losing the fans.

If you were a politician and you lost 40% of your own party then your position would be deemed untenable as it is a significant minority and a political problem if you cannot carry 4 in every 10 with you. You don't have to get more than half against you before action is required.

13 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

If you were a politician and you lost 40% of your own party then your position would be deemed untenable as it is a significant minority and a political problem if you cannot carry 4 in every 10 with you. You don't have to get more than half against you before action is required.

But you usually have dirt on most of your MPs to keep them in line 

3 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Gary Neville 😉

On a More serious Note LDC always backs the Manager i can not remember who but years ago was it Hughton or Alex Neil He was last man standing on this board for sacking 

As For the first 4 games there were points to be had , i bet someone in the lower half takes points off them 

Brentford have Against Arsenal Ok they had Injuries but still they beat them 

you would not expect Brentford to beat wolves but they did 

To say Write off the first 4 games was Terrible 

in the Premiership we see any team can beat anyone 

i think a lot of people are not unhappy with losing the first 4 games it is just how we lost the first 4 games 

then Watford well that was a must win game 

so you can trot out excuses but we had 15 points to play for and we have None that is the fact of the matter 

I agree that when we played Leicester and Arsenal, there were points to be had. Although we held on well Vs Liverpool, both they and Man City are hugely ahead of us.

"in the Premiership we see any team can beat anyone" - no, no we don't. You might get the odd result against the top six or so clubs, perhaps at home more so than at their place. It really isn't like the championship where the gulf in class is much less and there are more games etc. Not even close to being the same situation. This is backed up every season pretty much, Leeds get stuffed by them as much as any other side. Really isn't an any team can beat anyone league.

As Farke put it, to win against Liverpool or Man City, you need to be 100% on top of your game and you need them to be significantly below the usual level of their game, not just not at their best, but bellow that even. A couple of seasons ago we managed that with Amadou and Tettey in defence Vs Man City, but even then, for the last half an hour they really came at us and almost snatched a point.

I agree with the how we lost rather than we lost - that goes back to arguably having more of a chance than expected against Leicester and Arsenal. And on that subject, Arsenal - it really is worth noting that the sides they put out Vs Brentford and us were very different. Aubameyang would get into the majority of the Premier League's starting line ups. The only exceptions are probably the top three or four teams - Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea.  Vs Brentford, their attacking 4 were made up of Pepe who is 26, one 21 year old and two 20 year olds. It was the Arsenal U21's. No Saka, Lacazette or Aubameyang.

It's a hugely different side that faced us. Saka, Maitland-Niles, Aubameyang, Gabriel, Odegaard, Ramsdale. A much improved Arsenal side. Would Brentford have beaten them still? Who knows?

For me, whilst it is easy to compare, we need to focus on the issues with our team and not how well others are doing. We started off ok the last time round in the Premier League, but as we found out, promotion momentum only gets you so far as teams learn to play against you and the rest of the league follow suit. They also have the stability of not having to bring in multiple players to be part of the starting line up as we have had. They have added one or two to strengthen what they already have. So again, we start from a different position.

8 players remained from two seasons ago in our match day squad on Saturday. As someone else pointed out to me, the last ten games of that season didn't include Hanley and Pukki wasn't heavily involved either, with much time being given to Drmic. The biggest challenge Farke has, and Webber has, is that they said we didn't have the tools last time, now we have £50m of new tools, most of whom have shown us glimpses of what they were brought in to do. Now they need to shape up and start playing like they have been together longer than 6 weeks with a couple of weeks out on international duty. That's the number one task. Team, not individuals.

32 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

If you were a politician and based whether your position is untenable or not based upon a forum vote of just over 200 users, then you should be sacked on site.

image.thumb.png.f0989ac190d4ba6a00024a88d358a12f.png
If you have anything to do with politics and call that 40% for and 60% against then I hope the party would sack you too.

This forum isn't secure. It isn't checked against membership of the club. As there are those on here who get involved in other football clubs forums, there are those who are fans of other clubs who come here too. So first off, you cannot really rely on this poll as being particularly accurate as there is no way of telling if people have used sock puppet accounts or are fans of our club.

In political terms that would be interference from supporters of opposing parties or people trying to influence other people's votes, or indeed, vote on someone else's behalf for important decisions.

That's before we get to 209 people not even being 1% of a sold out Carrow Road let alone 1% of our fanbase. 

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Not an option I would go for. Our fans would end up crucifying him.........................

They wouldn't want to make a martyr of him would they? Surely they'd more likely keep the faith having demanded he become our saviour?

6 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What about this cheeky devil short term? 

image.jpeg.ff8f0b1118b04837d9d94f5ac5915eb8.jpeg

He should be in prison rather than anywhere near a football club. Nearly bancrupted every club he's been at. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Nailed it.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Losing the fans would be correct, I think you are reading it as lost the fans. That is of course assuming that less that 40% wanted him sacked a week ago etc. There is significantly less faith in Farke now than there was at the start of the season..ergo he is losing the fans.

My opinion is that he is losing SOME of the fans, losing THE fans would suggest that Farke is losing all of the fans..........

Ian Culverhouse and a Neil Adams combo.....What's not to like?......Webbo can be appointed Kit Man and Daniel can drive the golf buggy ferrying folk back an forth on match-days......