yellow_belly

Next manager. Who should we get?

I appreciate that this is mentioned all over the Forum, but who show we go for?

For what it is worth… I am starting to warm to Roy Hodgson for a season (then plan for the future at the end of this season).

He would be a big improvement on Farke in the short term and would give us a chance of staying up.

Farke is a lovely chap. Good in the Championship but awful in the PL (probably our worse top flight manager ever…. Can we seriously think of a worse top flight manager? There can’t be that many?!)

Over to you…

Wishing you all a great day!

Edited by yellow_belly

Daniel Farke is the manager and will get this squad to start performing better.

I like to think the issues we have are growing pains - look where we started from four years ago and see how the squad has developed and our football improved. Yes this season has been hard to take so far and the PL is a very unforgiving league - and consider that whoever we get in might not be any better and could be a heck of a lot worse.

• Like 1

Hi LDC, I remember you saying a similar thing about Daniel Farke the last time we were in our ‘record breaking season’ in PL. 

We will finish bottom if we don’t change our approach and personnel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Daniel Farke is the manager and will get this squad to start performing better.

I like to think the issues we have are growing pains - look where we started from four years ago and see how the squad has developed and our football improved. Yes this season has been hard to take so far and the PL is a very unforgiving league - and consider that whoever we get in might not be any better and could be a heck of a lot worse.

I appreciate this sentiment Lakey, but emotions are not the right thing to go by now. Unfortunately he hasn't performed at this level, as the stats prove . I do not adhere to stats very often when it comes to football, but in this case they don't lie do they? Lost 15 games on the bounce in the PL ... I mean that is terrible...

Whoever we get in might be worse ... true ... but it can't get any worse tbh...

Roy Hodgson as a Coup de Grace.....He is also good friends with our majority shareholding duo and will not rock the Good ship Carra.....

1 minute ago, ROBFLECK said:

I appreciate this sentiment Lakey, but emotions are not the right thing to go by now. Unfortunately he hasn't performed at this level, as the stats prove . I do not adhere to stats very often when it comes to football, but in this case they don't lie do they? Lost 15 games on the bounce in the PL ... I mean that is terrible...

Whoever we get in might be worse ... true ... but it can't get any worse tbh...

The 15 match run thing is irrelevant in my view. We were always likely to lose the first four games this season - anyone can see that, but it is this 5th one that hurts the most because it was against Watford - but then that is just one game - where we played two brand new players and it was clear they weren't integrated well enough yet.

If people want to add these five games to two seasons ago, then that is up to them - but it is just another stick to beat the club with when really it is disconnected.  The real test comes now and how we react to the Watford defeat - whether the new players can get up to speed or whether the right combination of players can be found, if the players stop making mistakes like McLean did etc etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

The 15 match run thing is irrelevant in my view. We were always likely to lose the first four games this season - anyone can see that, but it is this 5th one that hurts the most because it was against Watford - but then that is just one game - where we played two brand new players and it was clear they weren't integrated well enough yet.

If people want to add these five games to two seasons ago, then that is up to them - but it is just another stick to beat the club with when really it is disconnected.  The real test comes now and how we react to the Watford defeat - whether the new players can get up to speed or whether the right combination of players can be found, if the players stop making mistakes like McLean did etc etc.

Were always likely to lose the first 4 says the man who expects a positive result most weeks! Well it’s 5 now which if you’d backed Liverpool, Man City, Leicester, Arsenal and Watford added up to odds of 12/1+. 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Sorry, I think it is very relevant... He's losing the supporters , he most definitely is. There must be an end to the excuses , like the first 4 games were against so and so. If you're going to be a PL side , you must perform against these kind of teams too. We didn't perform well against them , I'm sorry...
If a miracle happens and he turns it around with the new guys performing much better , then I will be amazed and happy... But at the moment and after the performances we have witnessed , I just don't see that happening.

The only thing I have read and heard are excuses,... not a good thing to go by

• Like 1

Just now, ROBFLECK said:

Sorry, I think it is very relevant... He's losing the supporters , he most definitely is. There must be an end to the excuses , like the first 4 games were against so and so. If you're going to be a PL side , you must perform against these kind of teams too. We didn't perform well against them , I'm sorry...
If a miracle happens and he turns it around with the new guys performing much better , then I will be amazed and happy... But at the moment and after the performances we have witnessed , I just don't see that happening.

Of course it’s relevant, same manager playing with a fear factor. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Of course it’s relevant, same manager playing with a fear factor. 

Rubbish. You think the manager is scared? This was the man that turned a losing mentality into a winning one last season and how did he do that? By improving the squad and instilling belief.  He did that when he came to Norwich and he did it again last season. He'll do it again if our those fans that are fickle don't spoil it for him. No-one likes losing five in a row, but throwing away a coach of Farke's capabilities and mindset would be foolish. He is still the man and imo will prove that in the coming weeks.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ROBFLECK said:

Losing the supporters, the poll on this  site would suggest otherwise, currently 60% are saying he should not be sacked. Another example of an opinion being portrayed as a fact..........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yellow_belly said:

I appreciate that this is mentioned all over the Forum, but who show we go for?

For what it is worth… I am starting to warm to Roy Hodgson for a season (then plan for the future at the end of this season).

He would be a big improvement on Farke in the short term and would give us a chance of staying up.

Farke is a lovely chap. Good in the Championship but awful in the PL (probably our worse top flight manager ever…. Can we seriously think of a worse top flight manager? There can’t be that many?!)

Over to you…

Wishing you all a great day!

This is yet another f*cking troll windup isn’t it. Haven’t you got anything better to do?

Just now, lake district canary said:

Rubbish. You think the manager is scared? This was the man that turned a losing mentality into a winning one last season and how did he do that? By improving the squad and instilling belief.  He did that when he came to Norwich and he did it again last season. He'll do it again if our those fans that are fickle don't spoil it for him. No-one likes losing five in a row, but throwing away a coach of Farke's capabilities and mindset would be foolish. He is still the man and imo will prove that in the coming weeks.

We are playing with a fear factor. 100% want Daniel to turn it around and keep Norwich up. So he’ll prove that in the coming weeks? Everton, Burnley and Brighton coming up. What’s your guess for a points total, 5 to 9 perhaps? 

I wouldn’t have him back but somewhere out there Alex Neil is sitting down with a cup of tea, reclined in a lazee boy with a big smirk on his face.