Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

Kabak

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Our first palindromic signing?

Nearly Herman. Joe Hannah 😉 

Edited by Crabbycanary3
  • Thanks 1

Happy with this , our pairing is not up to the PL , which I reckon is clear for all to see. 

Normann and (maybe) Kabak are welcome additions ... Let's see if they can bed in fast enough to get the show back on the road...

Kabak is a great signing. Watched Normann videos and he has a great eye for a pass, but not much tackling in there for a defensive type midfielder!

Both great signings. I think they''re both loans with options to buys. Are we allowed that as I thought we were only allowed one foreign loan?

Skipp didn't tackle much - in fact modern CDMs don't tend to tackle that much. They use their bodies and their physicality to get a foot in, a shove here and there, closing down space and anticipating danger. He's a good player.

37 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

That's 2 signings in 2 days. Window is still open tomorrow.................

Wonder what they are thinking over the border?

Probably thinking about how they're going to get out of the relegation zone!

1 hour ago, Fuzzar said:

I think we're seeing why Farke agreed to the new contract with this window. Webber has really backed him, and I think he'll also stick around after next summer. 

You can also see we potentially have the sale of Aarons or Cantwell next summer to help fund next season's roster with the same quality of signing as this.

It really has been an amazing window - full credit to everyone involved, especially Jim Smith and DCB who've pushed the club so hard - without them, none of this would have been possible! 

Thank you.

bit of pressure on Farke now to deliver. He’s got a good squad at his disposal. Needs to get us defending a lot better. 

9 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Thank you.

bit of pressure on Farke now to deliver. He’s got a good squad at his disposal. Needs to get us defending a lot better. 

And so there should be. A lot more fighting talk than setting low expectations talk this time round. All in all, it bodes well.

32 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Here's a half decent scouting report on Kabak, if anyone's interested.

Interesting that the first thing the video focussed on was recovery pace. This is one thing we're short of in our present team ever since Godfrey went. Gibson's relative lack of pace was rather nastily exposed on Saturday when Ricardo motored past him on the way to setting up their first goal. 

2 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

If this comes off, other than the sale of buendia you’d have to say it’s been a great window and we’ve given it a proper go

Yes Buendia's a great player but without his sale the long list of high quality additions wouldn't have been possible. We look very significantly stronger as a team thanks to this incredibly astute dealing in the transfer window. Congrats to Webber and everyone at the club.

16 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Interesting that the first thing the video focussed on was recovery pace. This is one thing we're short of in our present team ever since Godfrey went. Gibson's relative lack of pace was rather nastily exposed on Saturday when Ricardo motored past him on the way to setting up their first goal. 

Yes he seems to have a mix of Hanley and Gibson's strengths - Hanley's aggression, strength and pace along with Gibson's ability to pick a pass.

He's really exciting, especially considering he's so young. 

• Like 1

This move has kyboshed a post I was going to make "Farke doesn't do defence".  Perhaps he does maybe down to Webber whoever is responsible its brilliant news.  We needed a new CB to supplement Grant and Gibbo badly now 3 at the back can be utilised and DM of less importance.  Leicester were poor on Saturday and could and should have given us our first point.  Any signing from abroad will need to self isolate and if on international duty we'll not see them until Watford at the earliest.

This best news of transfer window.     

Fingers crossed we get this one over the line, until I see it announced I always fear it might get gazumped at the last minute!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Likes to follow his man though, so essential a CDM is there to drop in and cover. I used to play centre half, and was always encouraged that shape was more important, and not to lose it by following the man into midfield. 

Gibson and Hanley are not slow in full flow, but are off the mark. Kabak looks far quicker to react and more athletic. He's a very good signing, for sure. 

2 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

I think we're seeing why Farke agreed to the new contract with this window. Webber has really backed him, and I think he'll also stick around after next summer. 

You can also see we potentially have the sale of Aarons or Cantwell next summer to help fund next season's roster with the same quality of signing as this.

It really has been an amazing window - full credit to everyone involved, especially Jim Smith and DCB who've pushed the club so hard - without them, none of this would have been possible! 

This is being ironic yeah? 

Forum moaners had nothing to do with it! 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Gibson. Hasn’t looked up to it at all so far 

Agreed, but Gibson had a long time out injured and may yet improve.  At least there's serious competition now.

Gibson got several call ups to the England squad so I think that alone shows when up to speed he certainly has it in his locker to be a good defender at this level, and possibly beyond. A pre season of Liverpool, Man City and Leicester wasn’t exactly ideal, let’s be real there, and he more than deserves our backing and respect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

That's 2 signings in 2 days. Window is still open tomorrow.................

Wonder what they are thinking over the border?

Curiously quiet down south. They are very excited about the possibility of signing a bloke who can't get a game at Middlesbrough 

Really pleased with this signing, a lot of hype about this young CB and I also think one for the first 11 in the short term rather than back up. I know nothing about Norman but we have filled the two major gaps we needed to fill, now we need Farke to integrate them as quickly as possible and hopefully our first points on the board are 12 days away. 

OTBC

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Curiously quiet down south. They are very excited about the possibility of signing a bloke who can't get a game at Middlesbrough 

Wouldn't you be excited, new owners, new squad, new(ish) manager (with the same first name as the last so their memories arent challenged) and only 12 points dropped against those titans of the footballing world: Morecambe, Burton, AFC Wimbledon, MK Dons and Cheltenham. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Wouldn't you be excited, new owners, new squad, new(ish) manager (with the same first name as the last so their memories arent challenged) and only 12 points dropped against those titans of the footballing world: Morecambe, Burton, AFC Wimbledon, MK Dons and Cheltenham. 

Indeed. It's ironic isn't it? In the last week we have bought 3 players who are worth more than their club. But I suppose they won the FA Cup around 40 years ago so everything's good

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He played on Saturday, until he was sent off 😁

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Indeed. It's ironic isn't it? In the last week we have bought 3 players who are worth more than their club. But I suppose they won the FA Cup around 40 years ago so everything's good

It would be sad if it wasn't so amusing. 

Our eye for finding a player who we have never heard of until we sign him and then realise he ain’t that great is a true gift 

11 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Our eye for finding a player who we have never heard of until we sign him and then realise he ain’t that great is a true gift 

Oh go on you playful old rogue, you'd never heard of James Maddison, Ben Godfrery, Emi Buendia, Jamal Lewis or Max Aarons when we signed them had you?

I know clutching at a straw 

I visit the training ground quite regularly and Byram is without fail always there, training, running, in the gym etc

He's just followed Kabak on instagram (hadn't previously) 

Maybe they met while he was doing his photoshoot!?