Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Chelsea fans- Ask your questions here

A friend of mine, who is an avid Chelsea fan, commented how Billy Gilmour has been named MOTM in each debut… league, FA Cup and Champions’ League. Definitely a promising talent we’ve acquired.

Are you Happy Gilmour has signed on loan?

From the players point of view this is a good move, looking through Billy Gilmours eyes he'll get lots of experience, will that eventually benefit the club?

Does he have any brothers or are all his siblings Gilmour Girls?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Are you Happy Gilmour has signed on loan?

From the players point of view this is a good move, looking through Billy Gilmours eyes he'll get lots of experience, will that eventually benefit the club?

Does he have any brothers or are all his siblings Gilmour Girls?

I knew it was too good to be true. We’ve only gone and signed happy Gilmour.😳

What i want to know is what is he like off the ball, does he get stuck in, read the game well and make excellent challenges like Skipp? I have no doubt about his ability on the ball but seeing as we're going to be on the back foot for most of next year I want to know if he can hold his own physically abd won't get lost in a game like Burnley or Palace away where it's all about earning the right to play football.

25 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

What i want to know is what is he like off the ball, does he get stuck in, read the game well and make excellent challenges like Skipp? I have no doubt about his ability on the ball but seeing as we're going to be on the back foot for most of next year I want to know if he can hold his own physically abd won't get lost in a game like Burnley or Palace away where it's all about earning the right to play football.

From the stats I've seen he is definitely not as defensive as Skipp, so don't expect him to be the absolute hoover we've come to expect from Skipp. I think he's more like McLean in being able to get forward a bit more. I'm still hopefully we can get Skipp too, they might work well alongside each other.

• Like 1

Afternoon guys...Good to see you back. Looking forward to seeing you again this year as you play decent football and nobody needs any more West Brom's in the PL! 

Chelsea fan here as expected coming on to wish you all the best with Billy G. You have secured a gem and if he stays injury free you will see the quality immediately in the same way that James Maddison shone - in truth I am really shocked we loaned him out. Billy has amazing awareness for his age and you will quickly see his head is constantly on a swivel and most importantly he is always looking to keep possession but play forward wherever possible. His anticipation of space is superb and he hardly ever gives possession away. Defensively he is rarely caught out and was easily MOTM against Liverpool last year - no mean feat with those 2 midfields! He is mobile and likes to dominate the central third of the pitch and will link your play together and impact every aspect of your team play. He has been compared to Kante but I don't see that myself as he doesn't run with the ball in the way Ngolo does but  If I had to find a comparison for him I would genuinely say he reminds me of a young Paul Scholes. Before I'm physically attacked clearly he needs to add goals to be in the frame with a great like Scholes but he has everything else and operates in a similar fashion. He now needs to add those forward runs that Scholes and Lamps were masters at and I'm hoping to see him develop with your team this year. You certainly play the way that should allow him to flourish. 

Wishing you all the best for the season guys - a proper club, proper ground and that Delia clip still makes me smile every time! 

Chatting to a mate of mine he said he would compare Billy to Modric in his early days at Spurs...well, if he becomes half the player Luka did I'd take that! 

Edited by Holps
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 11

3 hours ago, Justin time said:

I knew it was too good to be true. We’ve only gone and signed happy Gilmour.😳

Just ta-a-a-a-a-a-p it in!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJ said:

From the stats I've seen he is definitely not as defensive as Skipp, so don't expect him to be the absolute hoover we've come to expect from Skipp. I think he's more like McLean in being able to get forward a bit more. I'm still hopefully we can get Skipp too, they might work well alongside each other.

Gilmour attempted 5 more tackles than any other Scottish player in the game against England - and he didn't play the last 15 mins of that match. Think he hasn't looked that defensive while playing for Chelsea as they tend to have more of the ball and be on the front foot in games. 

...Gratuitous Self Promotion Time...

You can find more great insights like this in the thing I've written about Billy Gilmour here;

https://byag.medium.com/billy-gilmour-skipp-replacement-821dca0d11fd

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

"looking through Billy Gilmours eyes"

I feel a punk rock anthem coming to the Barclay soon!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Holps said:

that Delia clip still makes me smile every time! 

You were doing so well until you mentioned that !!!

No one likes to see their Nan bladdered........ with access to a microphone.

Good post though, cheers for Billy. Liked him before we were linked.

Like the way Chelsea play now too.

Celery!!!

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Billy dont need no Celery

Cos Billy and the Blues have parted company.!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Gilmour attempted 5 more tackles than any other Scottish player in the game against England - and he didn't play the last 15 mins of that match. Think he hasn't looked that defensive while playing for Chelsea as they tend to have more of the ball and be on the front foot in games. 

You can find more great insights like this in the thing I've written about Billy Gilmour here;

Great article BYAG 👍

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

My mate is a Chelsea fan, and he wants to know why you start so many threads?

Hillarious, never heard that one before. I can't stop laughing. Ho ho ho ho.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

My mate is a Chelsea fan, and he wants to know why you start so many threads?

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hillarious, never heard that one before. I can't stop laughing. Ho ho ho ho.

I don’t know, that made me laugh a lot. Take it as a compliment, your fame has reached the Chelsea fans now. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Impressive work!! Thanks for sharing.

4 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

AKA what’s he like on a wet Wednesday night away to Walsall.

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Makes him sound a bit like a young Michael Carrick

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Thank you for that Shef, it must be 30 years since I last heard it and instantly I can recall nearly every word. Classic track! 

• Like 2

I'm sitting in the Main stand,

A blanket on my legs

A pasty in my left hand and my Bovril is all dregs,

Delia's looking anxious and she's quivering with delight...

5 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I'm sitting in the Main stand,

A blanket on my legs

A pasty in my left hand and my Bovril is all dregs,

... Someone should really tell you your rhyming's pretty s***e? 

Edited by TheGoogler
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Have I ever told you about the time I kissed Gaye Advert backstage at West Runton Pavillion 🤔

Supporting the Damned, 1st July 1977...

You kissed her “ backstage” ?