On 24/06/2021 at 09:05, Feedthewolf said:

I don't like the idea of having two loan players in the same position full stop. If we do manage to stay up, would we really want to have to start the midfield from scratch again because both of our 'double pivots' have gone back to their parent club? I'd rather we signed another forward as our second loan option (assuming Skipp or Gilmour are the first). Don't think Hugill and Idah will be sufficient backup to Pukki, personally.

Bailey seems confident we're after two central midfielders but would also happily sign Skipp on top of those. If that turns out to be true then hopefully we wouldn't be totally loan reliant. 

Edited by king canary
Typo

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

Bailey seems confident we're after two dental midfielders but would also happily sign Skipp on top of those. If that turns out to be true then hopefully we wouldn't be totally loan reliant. 

Corr! I know they said they wanted some physical presence but some teeth rattlers would be fun to watch if a bit brutal...😅

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

Bailey seems confident we're after two dental midfielders but would also happily sign Skipp on top of those. If that turns out to be true then hopefully we wouldn't be totally loan reliant. 

Yeah, we'd be pretty toothless without them!

😁

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, chicken said:

Corr! I know they said they wanted some physical presence but some teeth rattlers would be fun to watch if a bit brutal...😅

Bloody auto correct!

Apparently we are now in pole position to sign him. No surprise for me, he would get better experience in the English PL than the Scottish PL, probably the most game time with us, and Farke has a very good relationship with Tuchel. Only downside to it is that we can only sign 1 more PL player on loan

2 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Fingers crossed this is right. Could be a big signing for us if so. Looking positive….

'Looking positive'

Let's just hope the results of his full Covid test arent however..

Apologies for this, but genuine questions ... is he actually that good?

I hadnt heard much about him until the Scotland v England game.

Admittedly that may be just because my focus has been on championship football rather than premier league.

I'm a bit worried we are putting a lot of faith and a literally central focus on a young player with limited experience who is just on loan (I know it worked out brilliantly with Skipp but that is pretty rare and it was the championship)

3 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Admittedly that may be just because my focus has been on championship football rather than premier league.

I'm a bit worried we are putting a lot of faith and a literally central focus on a young player with limited experience who is just on loan (I know it worked out brilliantly with Skipp but that is pretty rare and it was the championship)

According to Chelsea fans he's set to be the new partner to kante.

But that's according to Chelsea fans who are of course biasd.

19 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Totally agree with your concern. There's also issue of how badly he wants to come here as he will be in a relegation scrap. Apparently he was keen on joining Rangers. I believe he had a lengthy injury last season too.

Hopefully he could be the difference when we play teams who we must get points off, but I'm not expecting him to play 90 mins in all 38 games.

Decent signing hopefully.

Edited by Capt. Pants

20 minutes ago, rock bus said:

He is good enough to compete vs Kovacic and Jorginho at Chelsea for a spot alongside Kante. He had a knee injury and was out for 4 months which hampered his game time last season but the several games he played, he practically got MOTM in all of them. Why are Chelsea letting him come to us you may ask? Because we can guarantee him game time week in week out. This guy is a real gem of a loan signing for us. It also allows us to spend money elsewhere also. A webber masterstroke if you ask me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Totally agree with your concern. There's also issue of how badly he wants to come here as he will be in a relegation scrap. Apparently he was keen on joining Rangers. I believe he had a lengthy injury last season.

Hopefully he could be the difference when we play teams who we must get points off, but I'm not expecting him to play 90 mins in all 38 games.

If he doesn't have a good attitude he won't last long under Farke.  As for being in a relegation scrap, I think it is too early to say that.  If we are near the bottom come March, then yes, but the season hasn't started yet and anything is possible.

A really promising youngster who essentially needs match time. And he can get an all-you-can eat buffet of match time with us provided he keeps his head screwed on and his feet on the ground. He looks like he does as well.

12 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Totally agree with your concern. There's also issue of how badly he wants to come here as he will be in a relegation scrap. Apparently he was keen on joining Rangers. I believe he had a lengthy injury last season too.

Virtually half the league will be in a "relegation scrap."

8-10 clubs will likely spend the most part of the season looking downwards rather than upwards.

We know that, Chelsea know that, Gilmour knows that and half the league knows it.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

A friend of mine has recently retired as one of the head coaches at the Chelsea academy, and he is extremely glowing about the young man, maintaining he has improved year on year both physically and technically as a player and mentally/attitudinally and I quote, "100% good attitude" and he certainly coped with his first international competitive start with maturity, being voted MOTM v England.  All bodes well.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

If he doesn't have a good attitude he won't last long under Farke.  As for being in a relegation scrap, I think it is too early to say that.  If we are near the bottom come March, then yes, but the season hasn't started yet and anything is possible.

I'm sorry Lakey... I've got a lt of respect for your positive attitude , but you know that half the league is looking down iso up from day one. Nothing to do with negative attitude , since the league's got infested with the big money ... most of the clubs outside the top 6 ' first goal was staying out of the relegation scrap and start the season as good as possible. I'm not saying we won't be able to start the season well...but our goal will be survival from day one. staying completely out of trouble will take some doing!

image.thumb.png.9d7cec1e296ad95693e1c10f38598667.png

(Taken from the Chelsea Shed End Forum)

Notice the date of that post...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bovril said:

Interesting. A friend of mine has a nephew who is at Man City-I’ll see if he’s heard about this.

25 minutes ago, Bovril said:

I’d be really surprised if we’ve agreed a fee, can’t understand in what circumstances that possibly makes sense for Chelsea. Guess we should find out shortly.

Edited by Monty13

No chance ..Farke is too honourable man to do something sneaky like that (that’s not even allowing for fact he is friends with Tuchel)