Sign in to follow this  
CanaryConspiracy

Fixtures out tomorrow...

Carrow Road and the promotion party on day 1 will hopefully mean the atmosphere will be good enough to really lift the players for Liverpool, not that they’d need the extra encouragement. Be nice to have the ‘12th man’ in party mood though, hopefully it’ll last the 90…

54 minutes ago, Badger said:

Have to say I'm disappointed - I know we have to "play them all" but it will pretty much see off the "feel-good factor" and momentum built up from last season and put us under pressure early in the season.

Luckily, this won't affect some of our fanbase.

I'm in abso;ute shock! Home on the first and last day of the season!?

Great set of fixtures for me. We get two usually unwinnable games to start off when...let's be honest here, Farke's teams are never at their best until after the first international break, so we get some free hits in early and won't play any relegation rivals while undercooked. 

For once I'm happy with the fixtures, i wonder if someone at the club had a word about our previous relentless run of key games being played away

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

It's not a contest 😉😉

Agreed, just great minds think alike!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I actually think its getting a little unfair the way they do these fixtures. I know all the "good to get them out of the way early" stuff and you have to play everyone twice but the fact is that momentum can be key to trying to stay in the premier league. A few good early results can completely change your season and whilst I also apprecaiute that a surprise win early on could bolster us, thhe overwhelming likelihood is that we are going to be stuck in the bottom 3 for the first month at least which then places extra pressure when we start playing more "winnable" games against teams who may have already won a couple and have their confidence up. 

We started quite well last time - 6 points from the first 5 games which included Liverpool, City and Chelsea. It didn't help.

7 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Does anyone still believe that the "fixture computer" is random? 

No, it has never been claimed to be. There are certain conditions that have to be applied (like teams not being at home on the same day) which means it isn't random. Though it also looks like certain fixtures are seeded in before the algorithm kicks off.

This will be our 10th season in the premier League, of those 10 seasons we have faced Liverpool on the opening day 4 times. Whilst it could be random, it certainly looks like it isn't...

27 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

No, it has never been claimed to be. There are certain conditions that have to be applied (like teams not being at home on the same day) which means it isn't random. Though it also looks like certain fixtures are seeded in before the algorithm kicks off.

This will be our 10th season in the premier League, of those 10 seasons we have faced Liverpool on the opening day 4 times. Whilst it could be random, it certainly looks like it isn't...

The odds of that happening are 130,000 to 1.  At least I think they are 

2 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'm in abso;ute shock! Home on the first and last day of the season!?

Great set of fixtures for me. We get two usually unwinnable games to start off when...let's be honest here, Farke's teams are never at their best until after the first international break, so we get some free hits in early and won't play any relegation rivals while undercooked. 

For once I'm happy with the fixtures, i wonder if someone at the club had a word about our previous relentless run of key games being played away

Agree with all this. Get the impossible tasks out of the way with early, we're on a hiding to nothing so may as well go out there and try and get something whilst the big boys's teams gel. I think it's a good time to play them.

Ultimately, it's the teams around us and midtable we need to beat, sure the odd upset against the top 6 is welcome too but our focus should be not getting bullied by the Palace's and the Burnley's. 

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

Dont think thats right?..this will only be our second (after 2 seasons ago)...unless youre counting the old 1st division going back to the 80s?

3 hours ago, FatCanary said:

Plenty of noise from the club that they are striving to identify the causes and act earlier to prevent such strains this time around.

Three or four permanent signings from the Emi money and a couple of loans coupled with smarter physiological analysis of the playing staff and we will be alright. 

Admire the positivity. I do think the last bit is necessary, but not sufficient... if I dare reach back to the terminology of undergrad Logic courses.

Depends what you mean by alright.

Competing with 3 other teams to stay in the division is the best I feel we could hope for in advance, provided SW & co play a blinder of a summer window. 

4 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

See the Delia apologists getting their excuses in for a poor start to the season nice and early 

Why don’t you just fcuk off

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh no you reacted just how he wants you to

He is a very rude fella and have clearly hit a nerve with the snow flake 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

He is a very rude fella and have clearly hit a nerve with the snow flake 

Not rude. Just an honest suggestion for you. Not a snowflake either.

33 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Dont think thats right?..this will only be our second (after 2 seasons ago)...unless youre counting the old 1st division going back to the 80s?

That'll teach me to repeat the BBC live feed without checking the facts myself...

5 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

No matter who we sign those opening games we will get ar$e rap€d 

You can  live in hope I suppose. 

19 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

As sure as night follows day it will be a trip to Selhurst Park either on Boxing Day or New Years Day.

A cold Tuesday night in December between Boxing Day and New Years Day must be seen as an improvement. 😜

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

For someone who goes to virtually every game home and away I do wonder what you get out of it all

When you say virtually do you mean he watches them on the telly?

18 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

For someone who goes to virtually every game home and away I do wonder what you get out of it all

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:
  5 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

No matter who we sign those opening games we will get ar$e rap€d 

There's  your answer. 

Tough first 4 games, but the next 10 are where we should/must pick up points if we are to survive. Probably 15 points from them minimum.

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I love the club just not the stowmarket 2 and their ownership 

4 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

4 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

When you say virtually do you mean he watches them on the telly?

No, Waveney physically attends the matches.

Fair play he’s not just an armchair ranter. Maybe he doesn’t dislike the owners as much as he makes out on here ?

46 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

No, Waveney physically attends the matches.

Fair play he’s not just an armchair ranter. Maybe he doesn’t dislike the owners as much as he makes out on here ?

Long may it continue as well Smithy or how else would i get to away games ? 😜

Waits.................