Sign in to follow this  
Notogambling

No to BK8 petition

Hi all, hope ok to post here. If you feel strongly (as I believe most do) please head over and sign the petition to get BK8 removed as a club sponsor and stop any future gambling companies putting their names on our shirts. 

Please sign and share (important this petition gets out to the widest possible audience). Many thanks, OTBC

https://www.change.org/NotoNCFCbettingsponsors

Edited by Notogambling

The Government is to blame for opening up all this gambling, just so they can grab billions but watch people get affected by gambling addiction. We all understand why clubs do it, but it would be great for our family club to accept less sponsorship and be more ethical. The club statement also said one reason to tie in with this company was to get the Canary brand out into Asia more and (I guess) sell more merchandise? There must be alternative ways

Lol get a grip ffs. 

Some of you are out of control. This is becoming some weird victorian, evangelical, crusade.

Ooh women being a bit naughty. Oooh a gambling company. 

Get over yourselves. 

Alcohol wrecks far more lives than gambling. 

Where is the petition for woodfordes to be banned from advertising? 

Edited by Wrathofthefarkely

This petition is wrong imo - by all means campaign against BK8, but why include all gambling under that umbrella?
It seems you are almost getting people to sign the petition under false pretences…

Edited by Branston Pickle

4 minutes ago, Wrathofthefarkely said:

Alcohol wrecks far more lives than gambling. 

Irrelevant point as there are  no alcohol sponsors in English football now. 

Definitely not. We need all the extra help we can get financially. Stop being snow flakes. 

I'm not that fussed by the gambling side of it, I even bought this season's Dafabet one, my first new (I say new, I got it the other week when it dropped to £20) shirt for years, since they stopped them last two seasons.

If they were just another gambling company, I'd be disappointed but not animated. This particular company are quite clearly rank misogynists whose marketing strategy involves degrading women in a way that goes beyond the misogyny inherent elsewhere in the sector.

And if that wasn't enough, John Terry is a brand ambassador!  

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

image.jpeg.bb1f39a2dbc2d2a60172118839cfabde.jpeg

On second thoughts, you were right 😃

Do Chang still sponsor Everton?

Certainly not opposed to people campaigning for whatever they think is right - but this petition is anti all gambling,  not BK8 or whatever they are called so is misleading to say otherwise

It has given the club nearly £5million in funds which is our 2nd biggest shirt sponsorship deal ever in the history of the club. The money is all that matters really to me

36 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Certainly not opposed to people campaigning for whatever they think is right - but this petition is anti all gambling,  not BK8 or whatever they are called so is misleading to say otherwise

Yes, I agree with this. I won't be signing this petition as I believe it's a disingenuous attempt to use our specific issues with BK8 as an excuse to hoodwink people into voting against all gambling in football, which is a very different argument.

• Like 1

So is that no to BK8 or no to a petition?  Sounds like something from Jim in the Vicar of Dibley:

No no no no no to BK8 petition.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Woodforde's Brewery.jpg

• Haha 1

Moral dilemma. Gambling has ruined many lives, but not mine. Why should I sign it? This might seem selfish, but there are lots of things in life that ruin lives-you can’t ban all of them.

• Like 1

All this is pathetic from the fans. This is a huge sponsorship deal, revenue wise. So you don't like some of their online content, well boo-hoo - it's illegal for under 18s to gamble anyway, so they shouldn't be seeing this sort of content.

All you bemoaning it would be the first to complain if we had Roys of Wroxham on the shirt, chipping in £25k a year for the privilege.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

So you don't like some of their online content, well boo-hoo - it's illegal for under 18s to gamble anyway, so they shouldn't be seeing this sort of content.

The naivety  is strong in this one

4 minutes ago, WD40 said:

The naivety  is strong in this one

I didn't say they don't see it - I said they shouldn't see it. A company whose target market is ages 18+ by definition of their trade (gambling) has every right to show adult-orientated content on their services. 

11 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

I didn't say they don't see it - I said they shouldn't see it. A company whose target market is ages 18+ by definition of their trade (gambling) has every right to show adult-orientated content on their services. 

Absolutely. And it’s for the club to use it’s judgement on whether it is appropriate to jump into bed with a company like that.

My gripe isn’t actually with BK8 and how it wants to run its business, it’s with the club and how it runs theirs.

33 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

All this is pathetic from the fans. This is a huge sponsorship deal, revenue wise. So you don't like some of their online content, well boo-hoo - it's illegal for under 18s to gamble anyway, so they shouldn't be seeing this sort of content.

All you bemoaning it would be the first to complain if we had Roys of Wroxham on the shirt, chipping in £25k a year for the privilege.

.... I mean I think having Roys of Wroxham on a shirt would be pretty neat 😂

9 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Absolutely. And it’s for the club to use it’s judgement on whether it is appropriate to jump into bed with a company like that.

My gripe isn’t actually with BK8 and how it wants to run its business, it’s with the club and how it runs theirs.

Exactly this. There's a lot of strawmanning by the defence on here.

The problem lies with the hyper-sexualisation of women particularly in their video footage (not so much the pictures) and, most importantly, how that aligns with our claimed status as an inclusive, family-friendly club.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

.... I mean I think having Roys of Wroxham on a shirt would be pretty neat 😂

"The (soon to be) out of division experience"

You can't really win on these sponsorships these days:

Betting - gambling addictions

Alcohol - alcoholics

Crisps - obesity and diabetes 

Cars/airlines - emissions 

Mustard - mustard allergies! 

Insurance/banking - colossal t**ts

😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

I see the Pinkun Salem witch trials are continuing.

First they came for the Pinkun posters

And I did nothing.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

First they came for the Pinkun posters

And I did nothing.

You're channelling this aren't you R?

IMG_20210608_150405.jpg

• Like 1

Once we start listening to the Witch Finders it quickly becomes a very slippery slope.

• Like 1