Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Here's the silver lining, guys.

4 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

We’re on the same page Sonyc 👍💛💚. You may feel in a minority on here this evening. But out there in the big  NCFC supporting world I’m convinced what we think is vastly in the majority . 

Thanks Pockthorpe. I've run out of reactions ....Must be to do with kindred folk liking swifts! Seriously, many people knew Emi was very likely to leave, likewise Max, possibly Todd. Last time we had 4/5 gems and we lost Ben and Jamal but kept the bigger part of the team, re-invested and what happened? We only went on to win the league. And not just win it by fluke. We have kept Farke throughout, not just in post but psychologically. He has known the dilemma too (sell high after buying low and developing). Yet, he loves the values and lives them. Furthermore... it's why he has stayed! Webber too. And not only all this but as fans we've had the drip drip of news and we've been prepared the whole Spring. Even to the point where we thought we knew a price for our gems! Talk about fan engagement! No nasty Chase type surprises or firesales. It's the bloomin' strategy. Anyway, I'm not downhearted but just pleased I've witnessed two wonderful seasons and a weird one (the EPL cut in two because of a pandemic). My positivity meter is still well in the black. Looking forward to who we buy now. We knew we needed some funds.

Seeing a few reactions on this thread I'm more buoyed that the minority may not be as small as I feared. OTBC😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Thanks Pockthorpe. I've run out of reactions ....Must be to do with kindred folk liking swifts! Seriously, many people knew Emi was very likely to leave, likewise Max, possibly Todd. Last time we had 4/5 gems and we lost Ben and Jamal but kept the bigger part of the team, re-invested and what happened? We only went on to win the league. And not just win it by fluke. We have kept Farke throughout, not just in post but psychologically. He has known the dilemma too (sell high after buying low and developing). Yet, he loves the values and lives them. Furthermore... it's why he has stayed! Webber too. And not only all this but as fans we've had the drip drip of news and we've been prepared the whole Spring. Even to the point where we thought we knew a price for our gems! Talk about fan engagement! No nasty Chase type surprises or firesales. It's the bloomin' strategy. Anyway, I'm not downhearted but just pleased I've witnessed two wonderful seasons and a weird one (the EPL cut in two because of a pandemic). My positivity meter is still well in the black. Looking forward to who we buy now. We knew we needed some funds.

Seeing a few reactions on this thread I'm more buoyed that the minority may not be as small as I feared. OTBC😉

Spot on... AGAIN! 👏👏👏

10 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

It's Spurs, Levy wouldn't care if they had a manager if he liked the offer. 

It's also possible Skipp has pushed for a return given the uncertainty over the manager at Spurs. Everything I've read suggests he's absolutely loyal to Spurs, but he may not want to take his chance with whoever comes in and prefer guaranteed first team football at a club he already knows. The longer he waits to decide his future he risks us signing his replacement and him potentially having a loan back in the championship or sitting on the bench for a season at Spurs.

If Kane is sold there is going to be huge pressure to spend the money and strengthen the first team, and I can't see a new manager with that level of expectation being able to trust a 20 year old with barely any premier league experience.

12 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

It's also possible Skipp has pushed for a return given the uncertainty over the manager at Spurs. Everything I've read suggests he's absolutely loyal to Spurs, but he may not want to take his chance with whoever comes in and prefer guaranteed first team football at a club he already knows. The longer he waits to decide his future he risks us signing his replacement and him potentially having a loan back in the championship or sitting on the bench for a season at Spurs.

If Kane is sold there is going to be huge pressure to spend the money and strengthen the first team, and I can't see a new manager with that level of expectation being able to trust a 20 year old with barely any premier league experience.

Great post Peanuts, sounds a very plausible take on Skipp’s immediate situation I feel.

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Great post Peanuts, sounds a very plausible take on Skipp’s immediate situation I feel.

Very feasible, as didn't he push for a loan for first-team football last season?

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Very feasible, as didn't he push for a loan for first-team football last season?

Yep, that’s my understanding of it from his interview in the All In Yellow podcast, Gunny 👍

I think he’s coming back 🤞

Just now, Alex Moss said:

Yep, that’s my understanding of it from his interview in the All In Yellow podcast, Gunny 👍

I think he’s coming back 🤞

And he'd deserve a rousing ol' On The Ball Skippy welcome cheer from us at Carrow Road for the first time if he is.

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Still think it’s not him

I absolutely guarantee you it is.

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I absolutely guarantee you it is.

If you say so its good enough for me. Would be delighted to have him for another season.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If you say so its good enough for me. Would be delighted to have him for another season.

I've never been one for posting rumours and conjecture on here. I wouldn't have posted it if I was in any doubt as to its authenticity.

47 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

Also helps that the manager deal that just fell through at Spurs was all 'Well he was all screw the young players I want nothing to do with them'

That might have unsettled Skipp somewhat, while here at Norwich one of our main things is playing youngsters like him and giving them a chance

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Really can't see why we can't buy him now. He's clearly not settled at Spurs. A good investment, young, homegrown and even at £20m we'd make a profit on the sale.

Would love to see Danjuma here as well. 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Also helps that the manager deal that just fell through at Spurs was all 'Well he was all screw the young players I want nothing to do with them'

That might have unsettled Skipp somewhat, while here at Norwich one of our main things is playing youngsters like him and giving them a chance

Exactly, plus he knows he's nailed on first choice with us

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Really can't see why we can't buy him now. He's clearly not settled at Spurs. A good investment, young, homegrown and even at £20m we'd make a profit on the sale.

I'd be really surprised if he was open to a permanent move. He's a Spurs fan through and through, and is using these loan spells as a springboard to play for Spurs in the future. My guess is that he knows he's not likely to play regularly for Spurs next season, so would rather have a good crack at the PL in a side where he knows he will be playing every week. 

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Doubt we'd get him. He's a massive Spurs fan. Management-related turbulence such as is present at Spurs at the moment can be resolved reasonably quickly, the question really revolves around his prospects getting into the team under the as yet unclarified new boss. It does make sense for a player like him to say "wait, as much as I love Spurs as my boyhood team and could get in, I know Norwich will look after me temporarily and I can probably help them at the same time, and I don't have to learn how to play with another new set of lads".

It'll take something radical for a boyhood fan to want to be bought by us there. He does look pretty proactive in terms of wanting first-team football though, and coming back could well be the logical shout.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Would love Danjuma too but that would be almost the entire Buendia fee for him I’d recon..

I can’t see skipp being a permanent deal, just too much on one player and we know he is well thought off at the club, Levy is also hard to deal with and not one to cut deals on the cheap. A loan would still be fantastic for us, a second season of finances might see us be able to replace skipp properly,

I am looking at today as hopefully becoming a positive. Throughout the last I would say 4 seasons we have sold our ‘ great individual players ‘ but became a better ‘ team ‘ each time. Our last PL visit I think it’s fair to say shew that we were not physically powerful enough and conceded goals for fun. I trust the ‘ better team ‘ scenario can happen again and I think it’s fair to say that our back four ( defensively rather than amazingly talented individuals ) is now looking much stronger than ever before with Giannoulis an upgrade on Lewis, a rejuvenated Hanley and the signing of Gibson in central positions and if true Skipp protecting them gives us a much better defensive set up.
We can only wonder at this stage if the rumours of signings are correct, but if we have less ‘ top individuals ‘ but we become stronger as a team, then I see that gives us more of a chance of staying up.

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Nope, it's just a minority lashing out, I think.

A permanent seems very unlikely but would definitely soften the blow of losing Emi to a nothing club

22 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Pretty sure if that was in any way an option then we’d make that happen.

27 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I get the impression that if Skipp were available to buy, a bigger club than us would muscle in and outbid us. 

7 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I get the impression that if Skipp were available to buy, a bigger club than us would muscle in and outbid us. 

I think that is probably the most accurate response on here.

We couldn't keep Emi so we obviously couldn't offer him what a top player would expect.

So I don't think we would spend the money needed for Ollie on a permanent deal.

To look at the bigger picture is an awesome thing...just 3 or 4 yrs ago before DF and SW came along could we even imagine our stock would be good enough and high enough to be selling players for 20...30...40 mill?...we may be a bit sad right now that Emi departs  but  time moves on swiftly and other guys  come in ...the eagerness for Ollie to return is is already part of the getting over Emi leaving us. Whether we can get him back or not who knows, but thats footall...for me, right now, im in awe of where NCFC are.

5 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm hardly likely to post something like that on here if it's just an iffy rumour.

You all have my word that this photo of Oliver Skipp was taken in Norwich today. 

We've had conversations in the past about how we know things. I will happily vouch for Wolfy. If he says it's legit, it's legit.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

And you still clap no matter what. What of it? 

You never clap 🤣🤣🤣

If true...

It's probably a loan then, because I doubt we could commit £20M without certainty of big proceeds - and Buendia news broke out just yesterday.

6 hours ago, Essjayess said:

To look at the bigger picture is an awesome thing...just 3 or 4 yrs ago before DF and SW came along could we even imagine our stock would be good enough and high enough to be selling players for 20...30...40 mill?...we may be a bit sad right now that Emi departs  but  time moves on swiftly and other guys  come in ...the eagerness for Ollie to return is is already part of the getting over Emi leaving us. Whether we can get him back or not who knows, but thats footall...for me, right now, im in awe of where NCFC are.

Well said, fella. I don't really like that we've lost our best player, but we've basically made nearly £30 million profit in three years whilst starting in a higher division than when we bought him, and in all likelihood we can put a good proportion of this into the war chest to improve our squad instead of covering losses / trying to improve our financial position.

And in doing so, we've sent a sign to promising youngsters all over the world that we, despite our unfashionable status, can get players into international squads of leading countries with excellent coaching and a willingness to risk young players in first team action if they are willing to apply themselves hard.

I don't think we'll sign him permanently but it has  nothing to do with the romantic notion that he's a Spurs fan. I don't think these sorts of thoughts exist among professional footballers anymore. They do what's best for them regardless of childhood allegiances, sadly.

Remember Luke Matheson talking about his close family ties to Norwich and how he'd get down to Carrow Road whenever he could?

Harry Kane the mega Arsenal fan?

Even going back some, Ruel Fox the Tractor Boy?