Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Here's the silver lining, guys.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt beacause I'm already sad enough today and I don't want to get my hopes up only for them to be **** on

I'm hardly likely to post something like that on here if it's just an iffy rumour.

You all have my word that this photo of Oliver Skipp was taken in Norwich today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let’s hope so, you’d expect the club to release some good news in response to today’s events. Anything less than Skipp returning and another signing that’s clearly the Buendia replacement isn’t going to quell the disquiet.

• Haha 1

Well, that is certainly a curious development. If they have sorted a deal, maybe Spurs already have made a decision, then that would be one hell of a way to settle down the supporters after todays news.

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Skippy will be back next season. 

https://twitter.com/knowleb/status/1401236473710514181/photo/1

Whether permanent or loan I'm not sure, but I can guarantee 100% that this photo was taken in Norwich today and it's definitely Oliver Skipp (look at the protective boot).

Bloody thing doesn't work - could you copy the image in, please?

Thank you FTW, I accept your box of chocolates. I will put them by the side of my bed while I cry into my pillow a bit more and then maybe in an hour or two I might start to pick at them. 

• Haha 2

That is definitely in Norwich. I recognize it. I delivered post there loads of times when another ex player lived there. Always thought it was an odd place to live but what do I know!

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Can't add any more reactions, so a "thank you" will have to do. Thanks for that.

Yes, agreeing with some on here- While losing Emi to Villa does hurt very much and will continue to hurt regardless of what we do..

If the first thing the club does after they make the annoucment he's been sold to Villa is to be all 'Oh and by the way Skipp's on his way back to us!' it would help settle things down a little. A nice little tasty treat after having your face soaked in Urine.

Would be good if true, not sure it makes up for losing Emi though!

don’t get me wrong - this would be immense as Skipp was so vital but - you are arguing here that silver lining is to have last years team minus Emi? Eg weaker 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

don’t get me wrong - this would be immense as Skipp was so vital but - you are arguing here that silver lining is to have last years team minus Emi? Eg weaker 

Minus Emi but plus a budget that would allow us to sign some Pl caliber players. We lose technical ability with Emi gone, but we have that in excess already, we can sign players that give us what we are sorely lacking right now. Newcastle paid about 20m for Saint-Maximin and he would be perfect for us so that type of player is out there and for less than we sold Emi for. 

23 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Whether permanent or loan I'm not sure, but I can guarantee 100% that this photo was taken in Norwich today and it's definitely Oliver Skipp (look at the protective boot).

The Conte to Spurs move broke down because of his reluctance to work with their up and coming young players. That suggests Spurs want him with them 

28 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Have we been able to ascertain whether he is viewing properties that are for sale, or for rent, because with the greatest respect only a permanent would go a small way towards healing the pain I'm feeling right now. 

22 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Well, that is certainly a curious development. If they have sorted a deal, maybe Spurs already have made a decision, then that would be one hell of a way to settle down the supporters after todays news.

Not really. As good as he is he’s not going to replace the gaping hole in creativity that has now been lost. Our only goal scorer has lost the player that created the majority of his chances 

23 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

That is definitely in Norwich. I recognize it. I delivered post there loads of times when another ex player lived there. Always thought it was an odd place to live but what do I know!

Whereabouts is it ? Riverside ?

Edited by FenwayFrank

2 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Not really. As good as he is he’s not going to replace the gaping hole in creativity that has now been lost. Our only goal scorer has lost the player that created the majority of his chances 

Im fairly certain we all know that Skipp wouldn't be signed to try and do that. Might I be so bold as to suggest the club might have someone else in mind for that..

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Have we been able to ascertain whether he is viewing properties that are for sale, or for rent, because with the greatest respect only a permanent would go a small way towards healing the pain I'm feeling right now. 

No idea. If it's only on loan, though, at least we still have a bunch more to invest plus our midfield lynchpin on board.

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Come on TvB, keep it together. 

1 minute ago, birchfest said:

Im fairly certain we all know that Skipp wouldn't be signed to try and do that. Might I be so bold as to suggest the club might have someone else in mind for that..

He’s going to have to be one hell of a player to replace the creativity that has been lost. I’d imagine if such a player were out there at a fraction of the price of Buendia, then Villa would have just signed him! Massive window ahead now. We needed it to be amazing before this, now we need it to be extraordinary