Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

17 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Oh yeah, I'd consider it unlikely either team would go for the loan with an option deal. It just seems too risky for any club to let an important player go to Norwich with them only getting the full fee on survival. 

Interesting though St Etienne are trying to shift Zaydou Youssouf on loan - and he could also be a good option for Norwich.

He's the player who is apparently earning double Camara's salary so I can see why they might! But presumably Puel would not want to lose both.

On the basis of that film, Camara looks like he could develop into a very good player for us. Nothing negative about him. He certainly doesn't look like he would roll around

Anyone know where I put my coat?

8 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

On the basis of that film, Camara looks like he could develop into a very good player for us. Nothing negative about him. He certainly doesn't look like he would roll around

Anyone know where I put my coat?

I'm surprised he doesn't play play for Lens 🤣

• Haha 1

Can we stop making jokes and get back to football rumours please.

The transfer window will be over in a flash.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Can we stop making jokes and get back to football rumours please.

The transfer window will be over in a flash.

You are quite right. Posters need to focus...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

The story says a mid-table EPL club are interested

That would be Newcastle then...😀

36 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Oh yeah, I'd consider it unlikely either team would go for the loan with an option deal. It just seems too risky for any club to let an important player go to Norwich with them only getting the full fee on survival. 

Interesting though St Etienne are trying to shift Zaydou Youssouf on loan - and he could also be a good option for Norwich.

a few Ifs as always with these rumours but..if it is City and not  the 2 'fords' who is the unnamed promoted  club  and if St. Etienne are looking for a permanent transfer then City should pay up, as much as it takes, even if it means foregoing a extra CB.

We have but a single week left and the Norman saga seems to hit a brick wall, but obviously SW does know this better than me but once the final week  arrives theres not much time for  being patient  and / or negotiating. Who knows what kind of transfer fee, 10 or 12 mill euro?..Dont think his wage offering would be complained  about  by him if he is indeed on only 10k a week..thats not even Champs wage.

11 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

a few Ifs as always with these rumours but..if it is City and not  the 2 'fords' who is the unnamed promoted  club  and if St. Etienne are looking for a permanent transfer then City should pay up, as much as it takes, even if it means foregoing a extra CB.

We have but a single week left and the Norman saga seems to hit a brick wall, but obviously SW does know this better than me but once the final week  arrives theres not much time for  being patient  and / or negotiating. Who knows what kind of transfer fee, 10 or 12 mill euro?..Dont think his wage offering would be complained  about  by him if he is indeed on only 10k a week..thats not even Champs wage.

Agreed. If we are in for him just get it done. We can’t afford to mess about 

34 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Like the thinking, but what if he knows via his agent that there’s firm interest from more ‘established’, and it pains me to say it, more ‘attractive’, Premier League teams? 

3 hours ago, Jpootz said:

To me this would be a much better signing than Normann so hopefully we bring him in. Interestingly he wears number 8 for St Etienne. Does that suggest he is a box to box type player or is he more of an outright CDM?

Maybe we are after both? Normann isn’t a DM but this guy apparently is. If we can get away without paying much for Norman till next year we may have the budget.

Is it worth trying Sorensen in that holding CD and pushing Lees Mellou and Gilmour up a touch into CM?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

It will be McClean, Lee Melou and Gilmour starting in midfield against Leicester.

Is it me bur i thought when Gilmour came on he ruined our impedes  He didn't impress me one one bit

Gilmour is an excellent footballer/ however he is a kid and therefore lightweight. He is therefore totally wrong for the holding cdm role - he needs to play alongside a Tettey/skill type player who will do the graft so that he can then dictate the tempo. 

14 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

So I think that's Onel done then. Wonder where he'll end up.

Probably Paderborn in a reunion with Stiepi and Srbeny!

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Gilmour is an excellent footballer/ however he is a kid and therefore lightweight. He is therefore totally wrong for the holding cdm role - he needs to play alongside a Tettey/skill type player who will do the graft so that he can then dictate the tempo. 

He's played for us twice, against Liverpool and Man City. We do need to remember that. 

9 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

He's played for us twice, against Liverpool and Man City. We do need to remember that. 

I’m not questioning his talent or his place in the team. I am arguing he is being played in the wrong position and that the glaring need for a cdm able to step up to the level is obvious 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Not necessarily. If he has two more physical players either side of him he can play centrally, similar to Andrea Pirlo or David Fox.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

They’d take mid table right now!

I'm probably wrong, but I think that Newcastle have some pretty decent potential this year year. From what I have seen on the TV, they have some quite exciting forward players.

Cue them being the lowest Premier League scorers ever!😁

Edited by Badger
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

similar to Andrea Pirlo or David Fox.

I know exactly what you mean, but I'm sure that David Fox would love the comparison. 😁

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Not necessarily. If he has two more physical players either side of him he can play centrally, similar to Andrea Pirlo or David Fox.

Gilmore is no were nearly ready for prem football   He destroyed the way we played when he came on tonight

8 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Whilst I agree with the urgency, I feel like the affects of the BK8 saga will really be felt this week. 

We have seen how Webber has opted not to go that 1-2 million extra on certain players (Ajer being the prime example), and has instead had to be strict and stick to his budget accordingly.

Now that we have two positions to fill, that missing 5 million will really restrict what SW will be able to do.

• Like 1