Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2021/08/06/rtk-view-liverpool-should-keep-an-eye-on-pl-new-boy-tzolis/?amp=

The deal isn't even confirmed yet, but Tzolis is already being touted for a move away from Norwich.

They'll only want to pay a fiver for him even though we'll value him at £20m

Deal is with a Foreign club per their manager. I know Leverkusen were in discussions so they can now be ruled out. Certainly looking like Norwich

Good move.

Does this spell the end for hugill? I know we have all said how good he is for changing room and a plan B, as well as giving us a Focal point up top and hold the ball well, which will probably be ever so more vital this season. Id prefer we kept him,  but I guess it's hugill who may wish to be paying more regularly than he will at Norwich

maybe idah out on loan if he was to be first choice where he goes, but he seems frimly in DFs plans so 😕 is the majority on wanting hugill out?

5 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Good move.

Does this spell the end for hugill? I know we have all said how good he is for changing room and a plan B, as well as giving us a Focal point up top and hold the ball well, which will probably be ever so more vital this season. Id prefer we kept him,  but I guess it's hugill who may wish to be paying more regularly than he will at Norwich

maybe idah out on loan if he was to be first choice where he goes, but he seems frimly in DFs plans so 😕 is the majority on wanting hugill out?

DF has spoken very positively about Idah's role this season, so if we have Rashica and Sargent too (as well as Pukki obvs!) I'd be surprised if Hugill was happy to stay in the shadows in case of an injury crisis. I'm confident there'd be a Championship club who'd take a punt on him for £2-3m, he's an awkward lump who will cause defences problems at that level if he's starting regularly.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

DF has spoken very positively about Idah's role this season, so if we have Rashica and Sargent too (as well as Pukki obvs!) I'd be surprised if Hugill was happy to stay in the shadows in case of an injury crisis. I'm confident there'd be a Championship club who'd take a punt on him for £2-3m, he's an awkward lump who will cause defences problems at that level if he's starting regularly.

Thanks for the reply man.

Would you wish to keep him personally? If JH was happy to stay? Or would you want him gone?

1 minute ago, NeymarSmith said:

Would you wish to keep him personally? If JH was happy to stay? Or would you want him gone?

If I had the choice I'd probably loan him out- if we go back down he's a solid Championship option. If we stay up, hopefully he's scored enough goals on loan to bump his price up.

1 minute ago, NeymarSmith said:

We only ever play with one striker, so I don't see the point in keeping him as well as Pukki, Idah and Sargent. I don't have as much of a problem with him as some on here, but his game is definitely better suited to the Championship. Would rather we got him off the wage bill and use that money towards improvements elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yep, agree there’s been that link earlier and with Rashica who can play as a forward there seems little doubt Hugill will go, unless of course Idah goes!

Just now, Badger said:

I have seen this mentioned before: what is kicker?

Kicker is pretty much the doyen of German sports / football magazines.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Think we will see the Hugill transfer to Forest go through once Sargent signs on the dotted line.

Agreed. And see DF’s comments about “we need more” from Idah, specifically mentioning his play with his back to goal. DF doesn’t usually make those kind of comments unless the player is almost, but not quite, at the level he needs to be. Sounds like DF saying idah is Hugill’s replacement to me….

Edited by Surfer

4 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Agreed. And see DF’s comments about “we need more” from Idah, specifically mentioning his play with his back to goal. DF doesn’t usually make those kind of comments unless the player is almost, but not quite, at the level he needs to be. Sounds like DF saying idah is Hugill’s replacement to me….

Yeah, this. Don't know if anyone else noticed, but after the final whistle on Tuesday, DF was having a long and animated chat with Andrew Omobamidele on the pitch. Similar gig, I think; I doubt he'd have any hesitation in throwing him in if necessary (especially in a back three).

These really feel like they are dragging on. I'll be glad when its all signed, sealed and announced for both these lads. Looking forward to seeing how they develop under Farke, as they obviously feel there is potential there on top of the talent they currently have.

11 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Kicker is pretty much the doyen of German sports / football magazines.

Thanks TGS.

14 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not really.  You’re on a Norwich website talking about NCFC. Oddly enough, the Irish government holds no jurisdiction here.  A definition of the British Isles is: 5 nations, England, Scotland, Wales, N Ireland and Ireland.  In the same way, GB is still in Europe, just not in the EU - it’s geographical fact. 

This is a thread about transfer rumours, not Irish/British history….

Just a couple of points as I agree this is not the place for this discussion and I may have been slightly inebriated when I posted last night.

To reverse your statement, the fact that the British government no longer holds jurisdiction in Ireland is precisely why the term "British Isles" is controversial in a political context. Margaret Thatcher ceased using the term in reference to British-Irish affairs as part of the negotiations for the Anglo-Irish Agreement. John Major continued this policy, helping to sow the seeds for the Downing Street Declaration & the Good Friday Agreement. Tony Blair & David Cameron used terms such as "Britain & Ireland", "Ireland & the UK" and sometimes "these islands," none of which carry the historical weight of colonial superiority when referring to two separate sovereign states. While I'm unsure whether Theresa May or Boris Johnson would publicly use the term, I guess they would follow their predecessors' line which demonstrates understanding, mutual respect, tolerance, reconciliation and a willingness to co-operate on an even footing.

The term is still used sometimes in a geographical context, including the Isle of Man, the Shetlands & Orkneys and sometimes even the Channel Islands as well as the island of Ireland. However, language can be emotive, even when uttered unintentionally and the term continues to undergo a process where it is used less & less frequently when referring to relations between Ireland & Britain.

The suggestion that Christos Tzolis may not have to undergo mandatory quarantine conditions within the UK as he played a match in Dublin on Tuesday moved the discussion from a geographical context to a political one as you would be forced to consider the Covid-related regulations of two separate governments.

Apologies for bringing politics into the thread. The term must have struck something within me last night. Hopefully I can now cease & desist!

Just now, Badger said:

Thanks TGS.

As soon as I hear anything in German football, it's my first point of reference (but it helps that I speak native-standard German as they don't publish in other languages). It's been established for just over a century and has always enjoyed a good reputation in terms of accuracy and decent reporting.

Kicker (sports magazine) - Wikipedia

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Think we will see the Hugill transfer to Forest go through once Sargent signs on the dotted line.

I agree and could he be a player plus cash deal for Worral?

Norwich to release 3rd kit tomorrow with Tzolis and Sargent revealing too? 👀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

Norwich to release 3rd kit tomorrow with Tzolis and Sargent revealing too? 👀

That'd be some introduction! Would prefer them to keep their kit on though.

• Haha 5

Am I the only one holding out hope that Joe Worrall might be on our radar and if Hugill goes there it is to either be part of the deal or to whisper nice things to him about Norwich?

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

That'd be some introduction! Would prefer them to keep their kit on though.

Hahaha for eff sakes 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

Am I the only one holding out hope that Joe Worrall might be on our radar and if Hugill goes there it is to either be part of the deal or to whisper nice things to him about Norwich?

Decent CB but not sure he’s actually better than Zimbo and with Omobamdele developing so quick I’m not sure he’d be what we need given the price Forrest will put on him. But not a bad shout.

Just now, Indy said:

Decent CB but not sure he’s actually better than Zimbo and with Omobamdele developing so quick I’m not sure he’d be what we need given the price Forrest will put on him. But not a bad shout.

He's loads better than Zimbo at this point.

Just now, king canary said:

He's loads better than Zimbo at this point.

Do you think so? I’m not sure, but like I said not a bad shout, just depends what price they put on him! No premiership experience where Zimmermann has and has been with us a while now, so happy to play a bit part as I assume Hanley & Gibson when fit will be our starting pair. So can he push these two to start? If so then great.