Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

€8m + €3m offer apparently.

Guess if that was closer to €10m + €1m it would get done. Interesting to see what happens from here. Norwich don't tend to do drawn out bidding (at least that we hear of). 

hopefully that's the case and it's just the structure rather than them holding out for big bucks

Interesting dilemma as surely whatever happens this season he would be worth closer to £20m at the end of it - worth paying a couple more million € for a guaranteed appreciating asset?

10 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

€8m + €3m offer apparently.

Guess if that was closer to €10m + €1m it would get done. Interesting to see what happens from here. Norwich don't tend to do drawn out bidding (at least that we hear of). 

Based on what? I've seen a few comments saying that they're looking closer to £15m. 

41 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Based on what? I've seen a few comments saying that they're looking closer to £15m. 

Some of the Greek jurnos were saying that PAOK wanted about €10m - €12m at the very start of the rumours. Think if it was as high as €15m Norwich would have walked already. 

On 30/07/2021 at 09:12, PurpleCanary said:

[11m euros] As an overall figure, yes, I suspect probably so. But PAOK might be holding out for more than €8m as a basic fee (I would) or if not then firming up the likelihood/certainty of the €3m in add-ons.

🤓

The PAOK squad are in Ireland at the moment for a Europa League Conference game against Bohemians.

The PAOK fans are thinking that if Tziolis doesn't start it's because his move is a possibility.

paok.PNG.131910815ef3b0d7d5370a6649687bad.PNG

With the Brandon Williams move, if true,is it possible that we're bringing him in to play on the right of a back 3?

So...Gibson Hanley Williams as the CBs and Dimi and Max as wing backs? 🤔

If this is true then Farke must've promised BW the prospect of significant playing time so maybe there's some tactical option that he fits nicely into OR Dimi / Max will rotate with him.

Lovely depth to have.

11 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:
Could also suggest  Sam Byram is not deemed fit enough or to much of a risk for a lengthy period.
Aarons, Gianoulis, Williams, Sorensen, Mumba is healthy competition.

Pinkun is now reporting the Brandon Williams story so it seems to have legs - does indeed make you wonder about Byram in particular.  Also interesting that Saints baulked at the costs - I’m sure they can afford more than us.

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Pinkun is now reporting the Brandon Williams story so it seems to have legs - does indeed make you wonder about Byram in particular.  Also interesting that Saints baulked at the costs - I’m sure they can afford more than us.

Genuine question, have saints moved on and brought in anyone else at full back? Might be that Man Utd asked too much and have subsequently found that the market isn't there so have had to lower their demands.

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

Genuine question, have saints moved on and brought in anyone else at full back? Might be that Man Utd asked too much and have subsequently found that the market isn't there so have had to lower their demands.

Saints didn’t want to pay what is being reported as £2m loan fee

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

I was surprised at their interest to be honest- they've signed a left back for £10m+ already this summer and spent a decent whack on Kyle Walker-Peters the season before.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Pink’Un just re-reporting what The Sun have posted, no more weight to the story.

Feel a bit sorry for the Pink’Un journalists as these days due to social media we often know before/at the same time as them regarding any deals.

The only ‘inside information’ they really get these days is when official confirmation is to be made as well as when players are not targets.

Edited by Bovril

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

I was surprised at their interest to be honest- they've signed a left back for £10m+ already this summer and spent a decent whack on Kyle Walker-Peters the season before.

Think Southampton were similar to Norwich and wanted Williams for back up on both sides and to really push Walker-Peters who probably disappointed a little last season.

I'd imagine if they wanted him as a first teamer they would have paid the £2m. Really not sure there is anything new in this link, guess Williams' agent is trying to find a club for him but not sure anyone wants him as first choice. He may have to drop to the Championship if Man U really want him to play regularly. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bovril said:

Pink’Un just re-reporting what The Sun have posted, no more weight to the story.

Feel a bit sorry for the Pink’Un journalists as these days due to social media we often know before/at the same time as them regarding any deals.

The only ‘inside information’ they really get these days is when official confirmation is to be made as well as when players are not targets.

I guess the trouble is for them is that they are considered the main local news ‘official’ source for information, they have to walk a fine line between keeping the club happy with what they release (so as to keep being fed bits and bobs) and not getting sucked into reporting the full grind of the rumour mill, which would damage their rep as being a reliable source.

No doubt the pinkun lads see the same as we do, often as early as we do, but won’t act on it unless they can get some form of confirmation of interest or not.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Saints didn’t want to pay what is being reported as £2m loan fee

Thanks Fenway, sorry I didn't make it clear. 

I was surprised that we would spend that much on a loan fee. Then again I suppose it's low risk. I was wondering if the market might have cooled and then we have jumped in.

1 hour ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

If this is true then Farke must've promised BW the prospect of significant playing time so maybe there's some tactical option that he fits nicely into OR Dimi / Max will rotate with him.

Lovely depth to have.

Maybe but makes me worried we are about to flog Max. Don’t think Dimi deserves to be dropped to the bench either. I find this a very strange move. 

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Think Southampton were similar to Norwich and wanted Williams for back up on both sides and to really push Walker-Peters who probably disappointed a little last season.

I'd imagine if they wanted him as a first teamer they would have paid the £2m. Really not sure there is anything new in this link, guess Williams' agent is trying to find a club for him but not sure anyone wants him as first choice. He may have to drop to the Championship if Man U really want him to play regularly. 

Thanks and to @king canary

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Maybe but makes me worried we are about to flog Max. Don’t think Dimi deserves to be dropped to the bench either. I find this a very strange move. 

If we're going to flog someone else I'd rather it was Max- if Williams can step up and we end up bringing in £30m+ to spend in other positions then I can get on board with that. 

What makes the Williams link even more interesting is that signing him would eliminate any chance of Skipp returning as only 2 loans from PL teams are allowed. Have Spurs made their decision?

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Makes sense if Man U and Williams are happy that he isn't first choice. Beyond Max and Dimi the next full back is Mumba. I rate Mumba highly, but if Dimi picked up an injury Norwich would suddenly have a very inexperienced right back, playing at left back.

A short term option on backup works as well as McCallum will return in a year with another 30+ games under his belt. £2m for a season is a bit steep, but it would definitely provide peace of mind that if he is needed he would step up without a problem.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I dont find this a strange move really at all. Would provide cover and rotation for Dimi or Max. We only have unproven youngsters / an injury plagued player or a player who can cover this position, who certainly isnt a wingback option.

Indeed we resorted in playing Sorensen as cover, he did a great job but not in the premier league, Byram is just another WestHam sick note they flogged us, he was superb but now we know why he was so cheap! Good cover signing, as Mumba can play in a number of positions too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Indeed we resorted in playing Sorensen as cover, he did a great job but not in the premier league, Byram is just another WestHam sick note they flogged us, he was superb but now we know why he was so cheap! Good cover signing, as Mumba can play in a number of positions too.

Sorensen played well as cover as LB, but will stunt any form of development Farke has planned for him as a CDM or CB, whatever his thinking is behind that. Sorensen certainly isnt a WB which is what we'll need if we are playing counter attacking style a lot this season. For me, I would like to see Williams brought in. Looks a good solid player and provides more competent depth to our squad.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BurwellCanary said:

Tim Cahill's looking for a game - just left Palace

*Gary Cahill & he left Palace after refusing their reduced wages offer. Doubt we could therefore afford his wages either