Just how good is this fella?!!.My god,we going to have to go some to find anyone to replace him when he inevitably heads back to Spurs.For a kid of 20yrs to be able to perform at 8/10 every week in one of the toughest leagues in world football says everything about him. Its no coincidence that we have looked so much better at the back with him shielding the back four,along with McClean,who himself has been excellent.His anticipation,strength,  ability to run with the ball and boundless energy is something we will seriously miss next season.Huckerby was brilliant for us on his initial loan,but am I wrong in saying I really think Skipp has been our best ever loan signing? 🔰

• Like 1

And that is why despite Buendia's goals and magical moments, Skipp should be POTS by a country mile. We harp on about how much improved the defence is but much of that is down to the work Skipp does. Buendia provides the gloss but if there is no solid foundation then that gloss is superficial.   

• Like 1

He will certainly be up there as one of our best ever loan signings over a season, that's for sure.

As to next season, I would not be surprised to see him back for another term. However, I have an inkling Sorrensen will step up if needed and if we have a fit Rupp back with KM improving all the time we have a few for that area.

Skipp next season would be the icing on the cake though. 

Edited by East Rider

1 minute ago, East Rider said:

He will certainly be up there as one of our best ever loan signings over a season, that's for sure.

As to next season, I would not be surprised to see hime back for another term. However, I have an inkling Sorrensen will step up if needed and if we have a fit Rupp back with KM improving all the time we have a few for that area.

Skipp next season would be the icing on the cake though. 

Yep. Meant to add he'll get my vote as POTS.🔰

Interesting comments from Tottenham's Head of Academy coaching:

Powell said (Sky Sports Football 06/04/21 at 7:40 pm): “He has had an outstanding loan.

“I only met him a couple of times because he went out on loan before I joined Spurs. But everyone speaks highly of him.

“He has been at the club since he was seven, so he has developed through all the age groups. And played at England’s youth levels, so there is a lot of trust in him. I think that’s a big thing for a player when you know the manager trusts you and Oliver Skipp has that.

“I mean he has excelled. He has only missed one game and that’s because he was away with England. They obviously like him. I know he trains well regularly.

Who knows what will happen next season for him. He has a decision to make. I mean he signed a long-term contract with Spurs before he left.

“But he has gone there, he has been exposed to senior football and learning what it means to win football matches. And he has taken to it ever so well.”

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yup, POTS from me as well. I don’t think I’ve seen a better DM since Makelele for Chelsea. 
His reading of the game is phenomenal, timing for sticking his foot in is spot on, can pass and is composed on the ball. He has just enough pace, but only thanks to his immense football brain gaining him a yard. 
Really is the complete package. 
If he hasn’t done enough to break into (by their standards) a mediocre Spurs team then god knows who they think they have or can buy who is better. Should be going to the Euros with England and starting, let alone getting into the Spurs team. 

Mourinho, if you’re reading this. He’s awful and needs another season out on loan...

He challenges those runners through the middle, he uses his balance and strength brilliantly. He understands what he can do when his team is under pressure, he is secure with the ball at feet, he covers marauding full backs. He understands positional sense and when he challenges it gets the ball he looks to move forward.

I do like his ability to break up a breakaway or understand the cynical foul (we fell so short of that last year)

If he returns fantastic, there will be many disruptive players across Europe but he knows the guys and that is big.

He will be in the mix for certain but I would say that it will be tight, Buendia is the best player I have seen in a NCFC shirt and is the best player in the championship. 

But I would 100% agree that Skipp has been exceptional and finally he is showing the attributes that all us NCFC fans have been wanting in that shirt for 4-5 years or at least the last 3 promotions. Tettey needed competition and right now Skipp is performing so highly.

3 minutes ago, smooth said:

He challenges those runners through the middle, he uses his balance and strength brilliantly. He understands what he can do when his team is under pressure, he is secure with the ball at feet, he covers marauding full backs. He understands positional sense and when he challenges it gets the ball he looks to move forward.

I do like his ability to break up a breakaway or understand the cynical foul (we fell so short of that last year)

If he returns fantastic, there will be many disruptive players across Europe but he knows the guys and that is big.

He will be in the mix for certain but I would say that it will be tight, Buendia is the best player I have seen in a NCFC shirt and is the best player in the championship. 

But I would 100% agree that Skipp has been exceptional and finally he is showing the attributes that all us NCFC fans have been wanting in that shirt for 4-5 years or at least the last 3 promotions. Tettey needed competition and right now Skipp is performing so highly.

Buendia, Skipp & Hanley have been the 3 most consistent players all season, but Buendia has been the best player in the division let alone just for us. I'm amazed people would vote for anyone but Buendia.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Move Klose said:

Buendia, Skipp & Hanley have been the 3 most consistent players all season, but Buendia has been the best player in the division let alone just for us. I'm amazed people would vote for anyone but Buendia.

This pretty much sums up my view and opinions on a few threads for POTS.

Hanley and Gibson have been great but Hanley was under pressure, he has led as a captain should, helped new players 3 left backs this season, 1 young goalkeeper in burden, partnered 3 centre halves and performed at a high level.

I would 100% agree Move klose

2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

And that is why despite Buendia's goals and magical moments, Skipp should be POTS by a country mile. We harp on about how much improved the defence is but much of that is down to the work Skipp does. Buendia provides the gloss but if there is no solid foundation then that gloss is superficial.   

Has to be Buendia for me. Skipp certainly fairly comfortable in second but Buendia is just an absolute freak at this level. 

I saw the other day he's created 79 chances this season, the highest in the league. Interestingly Aarons was in second, but Buendia had just pipped him with.... ahem - THIRTY more chances created than Aarons on 49. THIRTY. He's operating at nearly double the output of the next highest player - and he's also missed a fair few games too!

He's also got 4 more assists (15) than the next highest player (11), is the 9th top scorer in the league, and we've only won twice in 16 championship games without him. Its an easy pick for Buendia IMO.

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Has to be Buendia for me. Skipp certainly fairly comfortable in second but Buendia is just an absolute freak at this level. 

I saw the other day he's created 79 chances this season, the highest in the league. Interestingly Aarons was in second, but Buendia had just pipped him with.... ahem - THIRTY more chances created than Aarons on 49. THIRTY. He's operating at nearly double the output of the next highest player - and he's also missed a fair few games too!

He's also got 4 more assists (15) than the next highest player (11), is the 9th top scorer in the league, and we've only won twice in 16 championship games without him. Its an easy pick for Buendia IMO.

If you had a choice to play a whole season without Skipp or Buendia I know what I would choose. 

Skipp has been excellent and would love him to come back next year and will be hard to replace. But imagine us without Buendia next year.

If Buendia doesnt win it then it would be a travesty. Let's hope Spurs fans dont hijack it 🤣

If City can do the numbers they should sign him. If City are serious about becoming an established Premiership club, he's the starting point. 

Sad thing is that it’s looking likely that the first time he’ll play in front of a full Carrow Road will be for Spurs next season.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sad but true, he's the best DM we've ever had...and he's ******* 20?! He'll play for Spurs next season and he'll stay in the team...Eric Dier? Your days are numbered...oh? Maybe we'll get Eric Dier? 😄

As great Skipp is though, Ian "chippy" Crook is in danger of losing my personal NCFC GOAT award...Emi is just next level. Buendia for POTS surely?! Name a better player for us! EVER!...go on?! I'll put the kettle on.  

11 hours ago, Move Klose said:

It beggars belief that anyone who claims to love football would pick Skipp over Buendia.

I love Skippy 💕

He reminds of Gary Holt in that he never seems to tire. The late-ish pen against ‘Udders involved a run the length of the pitch . 
Yesday he broke up countless attacks and provides huge cover for the back two CB’s 

Still Emi as POTS for me though .

35 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It beggars belief that anyone who claims to love football would pick Skipp over Buendia.

Let me just say that I also believe Buendia is the best player I have ever seen i my 53 years of watching city,and there have been some greats! I just feel that,although Emi has stood out with his goals,assists and overall play,he can have the odd off day,which he is totally entitled to! Skipp does what he does every single game and our back four would have been stretched a lot more without him.Plus the fact he's not actually our player,he's a loanee and how many times have we seen loans turn up here and simply go through the motions!. Oliver has totally took our club and its philosophy to heart and pproduced at the same high level game after game. I obviously would be delighted to see Emi or Hanley as POTS,just feel Skipp deserves it this for the reasons mentioned.

Love Oliver Skipp, but really not sure how he could win club player of the year over a diminutive Argentinian that will likely win player of the year for the entire Championship!

13 hours ago, Move Klose said:

I think you’ve got the right top 3 personally (although harsh on Pukki!) but while I agree Buendia has proved himself to be the best player in the Chanpionship, POTS isn’t just about being the technically best player on the team.

You can make an argument for all three IMO, I love Buendia but I’d actually probably be more inclined on one of the other two from a purely personal subjective perspective.

Oh, and he’s playing for us again next season. Thought he was going back to Spurs but Chris Powell has let the cat out the bag there big time. If Spurs are giving him the option, as it’s clear they are from Chris Powell’s words, then that’s the clearest indication to Oliver Skipp himself that if he stays in London then he’ll be spending plenty of time warming their bench next season! And I really can’t see him taking that option!

10 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I think you’ve got the right top 3 personally (although harsh on Pukki!) but while I agree Buendia has proved himself to be the best player in the Chanpionship, POTS isn’t just about being the technically best player on the team.

You can make an argument for all three IMO, I love Buendia but I’d actually probably be more inclined on one of the other two from a purely personal subjective perspective.

10 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Was ridiculous Hoolahan had to wait as long as he did to win it, let's not do the same to Buendia. The guy is magic, and theres no way we would be where webate without him.

12 goals and 14 assists. 

I love Skipp, yet my vote will go to Emi.  Skipp does all the hard work, he is so good it is amazing to see him in a yellow shirt, but Emi our best player, he should be our player of the season. 

18 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Was ridiculous Hoolahan had to wait as long as he did to win it, let's not do the same to Buendia. The guy is magic, and theres no way we would be where webate without him.

12 goals and 14 assists. 

It’s a vote, he’ll almost certainly win. Doesn’t mean there’s not others who have also made huge noteworthy team contributions this year.

I love to pick my all time Norwich XI every now and again, rarely has a 'recent' player got near it for me but, once he leaves (for some strange reason they can't qualify if they're currently at the club), Emi is a shoe in. Formation will have to change to accomodate him but a midfield with him and Chippy in it is too good to resist.

He's far and away  one of the best players we've ever had at this club. Up tnere with Martin Peters for me now.

14 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Buendia is the artist. But Michaelangelo could only paint the ceiling if the cistine chapen after someone else laid the foundations and built it.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It beggars belief that anyone who claims to understand football would fail to appreciate that our success this season has been founded on Skipp's anchoring role in midfield.

The simple truth is that Skipp and Buendia perform totally different roles, both essential to the team. Buendia gets the headlines because he's involved in goals. You can't really measure Skipp's contribution but, in my mind, he's been involved in a similar number of instances where we would have conceded but he's prevented it, often early in the move.

It's also complicated by Buendia being what we already had and Skipp being what we were missing.

Anyway, my vote is going to Pukki. 🤣

Buendia #1 for me, but 25 goals not enough to out Pukki on the radar? 😬

Almost like Emi's shots ricochet off Teemu into the net. He just happens to stand between Emi and the goal. 🤨

Joking aside, Emi is probably just as good as people say he is. But I find amazing that after 3 seasons fans don't still get how multidimensional Teemu is and how important his defensive contribution is.

If Spurs don’t won’t let him stay with us next season, might well be worth trying to get Winks on loan, similar type of player