lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Reading*****

Have to agree Martin and Steipermann look lost tonight. Would love to see both replaced with Cantwell and Vrancic.

Passing has been strangely bad today for whole team, even when there has been no real pressure. Wonder if there is something with pitch.. Their midfield deserves credit as well, they press really well and dominate in air, making it hard to win ball back in good position.

Stiepi and Martin seem having a bit bad day overall with ball but on the other hand especially Stiepi is working hard which is valuable. Think Mario and Todd can turn the game when coming in later with fresh legs.

Ref is bit strange, cannot understand his lectures for Pukki. Maybe he just enjoys giving hard time to our star players. Last time for Buendia and now for Pukki.. 😛

Pros- Pukki has looked on it. If Reading were not playing prime Buffon in goal he would be looking for a hatrick. Despite poor quality play from both sides game has still been fast paced and honestly pretty entertaing. Reading have not really looked like much of a threat up top, although given they dont have a striker on the pitch that's par for the course.

Cons- Passing has been poor. Very poor. Awful. woeful. Some of the worst passing I have seen this season. Started out with just Stepi acting like bambi on ice but seems to have caught on. Every other pass seems to either go to a Reading player or just go out for a Reading throw. Emi, despite scoring and playing alright has been complaning, crying and acting like a child anytime a Reading player either fouls hm or gets the ball near him. Always in the refs ear complaning about something. Seriously Emi please just shut up, act like an adult and carry on with the game.

Sort the passing out in the 2nd half and we'll be OK, but there has been too many woefully bad passes in the first half, by both sides in all honesty 

We have no one available for a pass in Central midfield who can drive on with the ball. 

Cantwell for the anonymous McLean. 

4 minutes ago, hepphep said:

Passing has been strangely bad today for whole team, even when there has been no real pressure. Wonder if there is something with pitch.. Their midfield deserves credit as well, they press really well and dominate in air, making it hard to win ball back in good position.

Stiepi and Martin seem having a bit bad day overall with ball but on the other hand especially Stiepi is working hard which is valuable. Think Mario and Todd can turn the game when coming in later with fresh legs.

Ref is bit strange, cannot understand his lectures for Pukki. Maybe he just enjoys giving hard time to our star players. Last time for Buendia and now for Pukki.. 😛

I was thinking that too.

the thing is we are trying to thread the ball through, and that needs someone like Vrancic

McLean is doing ok, keeping the ball moving

Martin is not really in it and Hanley looks to have a mistake in him -clear the ball rather than wanting to faff about

3-1 to us

This game doesn't look very different to the Blackburn game to me. Lot of passes astray and some players a bit off their game. But we are creating chances and if we keep at it, I'm positive we can win. Reading look a bit unsure whether to stick or twist and are doing neither.

This game is for the taking. Do we want it? The first 10 minutes of the second half will give us an idea. 

Daniel might be willing to make early subs. Wonder if he is ripping into them? We need to be sharper.

• Like 1

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

This game doesn't look very different to the Blackburn game to me. Lot of passes astray and some players a bit off their game. But we are creating chances and if we keep at it, I'm positive we can win. Reading look a bit unsure whether to stick or twist and are doing neither.

As I have said it's just a shame Reading are playing prime Petr Cech in goal or Pukki would be on a hatrick 🙃

So far reading through the thread we seem to need to be subbing Cantwell on for any of Stiepi, Martin or McLean!! 
Our passing hasn’t quite had the accuracy we need but hopefully it’ll come; I would bring Todd on for sure, probably for Martin.

Edited by Branston Pickle

2 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

We have no one available for a pass in Central midfield who can drive on with the ball. 

Cantwell for the anonymous McLean. 

That is spot on, absolutely our problem.   McLean gets his chance and goes AWOL.   We are far too quick to pass it backwards to a defender and it’s tedious!   Cantwell and Dowell on, Farke obviously sending a message!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

This game is for the taking. Do we want it? The first 10 minutes of the second half will give us an idea. 

Daniel might be willing to make early subs. Wonder if he is ripping into them? We need to be sharper.

Called it!!😏

• Like 1