lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Reading*****

5 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Just popped in to see if my prediction that the stipermann hate was here tonight.... And of course it is. 

Ignore the good, focus on any bad pass and hate. Hate. Hate.

Pathetic moaning fools. 

Oh, here comes the Pink Un resident keyboard warrier, moaning about moaning and not seeing the irony as usual 😉😂. How are you tonight Bil...... Sorry JK? 😏

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Skipp should just win the ball and give it to someone who can pass. 

He should, but he'd need to pass it to them. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Just popped in to see if my prediction that the stipermann hate was here tonight.... And of course it is. 

Ignore the good, focus on any bad pass and hate. Hate. Hate.

Pathetic moaning fools. 

**** off you **** 

Frustrating half.

We have dominated but have been sloppy in our passes. Poorer game for a few players so far.

Need to click up a gear and the speed and the game is for the taking. No doubt about that.

Hmmm, went right off the boil there.  Some players just not on it tonight so far.  Need a bit of zip from somewhere.

An okay half. We've been a little imprecise with our passing. Unlucky to be level with a couple of good saves from their keeper. 

Martin looks a little lightweight tonight and Marco 'the ball got away from him' Stiepermann could do with improving. Reading aren't terrible, especially in midfield. 

Decent first half. Hanley and Zimmerman looking side apart from the odd hairy pass.

Pukki looking sharp but their keeper has made a couple of cracking saves.

Martin not really in the game, would get Cantwell on for him at halftime.

• Like 1

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

Martin not having his best half. McClean anonymous but Reading are there for the taking

Invisible I'd say.

Just need to keep doing what we are doing, maybe enough space for Todd to work later on. Bit of bad luck with their goal, but to be honest we had it our way against Forrest so I cant get too upset about that.

Emi at fault for reading goal. Had loads of time to get goal side and didn't. Defending 101. If he had then that goal doesn't go in.

Don't feel like we're playing particularly well tonight. Stiepermann and his trampoline like first touch has killed quite a few attacks. Genuinely forgot Mclean was on the pitch until commentator mentioned him about a minute before half time.

Too many sloppy passes.

Needs to improve

Don’t expect any change at half-time but I’d really like to see Cantwell on for Martin please. He’s had a poor game so far tonight, lost possession several occasions and struggled to even get a foot on the ball after they scored.

He’s done well lately but unfortunately not tonight! 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Is Josh Martin the new Todd Cantwell? 

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

He should, but he'd need to pass it to them. 

Bad man!!  I did iarf tho.

At least we now have subs to bring on to make a difference. 
cantwell for Martin and Vrancic for Stiepermann from start of 2nd half if it was me

watching Aarons control on the ball he would make an excellent replacement for Buendia

always willing to take on the opposition, rather than play the easy ball

great half so fat

• Like 1

Just now, kick it off said:

Emi at fault for reading goal. Had loads of time to get goal side and didn't. Defending 101. If he had then that goal doesn't go in.

Don't feel like we're playing particularly well tonight. Stiepermann and his trampoline like first touch has killed quite a few attacks. Genuinely forgot Mclean was on the pitch until commentator mentioned him about a minute before half time.

Too many sloppy passes.

Needs to improve

I'd also say the goal highlighted the lack of a natural left back- Sorenson too slow to get out and stop the cross as his instinct is to stay narrower.

• Like 1

Pros- Pukki has looked on it. If Reading were not playing prime Buffon in goal he would be looking for a hatrick. Despite poor quality play from both sides game has still been fast paced and honestly pretty entertaing. Reading have not really looked like much of a threat up top, although given they dont have a striker on the pitch that's par for the course.

Cons- Passing has been poor. Very poor. Awful. woeful. Some of the worst passing I have seen this season. Started out with just Stepi acting like bambi on ice but seems to have caught on. Every other pass seems to either go to a Reading player or just go out for a Reading throw. Emi, despite scoring and playing alright has been complaning, crying and acting like a child anytime a Reading player either fouls hm or gets the ball near him. Always in the refs ear complaning about something. Seriously Emi please just shut up, act like an adult and carry on with the game.