Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

If we do lose to Derby today- How will you feel?

I'm not one for 'along came Norwich..' But Derby haven't won a match since early July- And that win was against at the time National League Barrow on penalties.

Think we can agree that even a draw might seem like a bad result at home against them.. right?

• Like 1

How I feel will start badly at 11:30am and then potentially just get progressively worse over the next 3 hours! But hopefully not....

Edited by Clint

I don't believe we will , their outta form and I'll think we will have to much for them , it will be interesting to see what are starting 11 is.😊

You'd have thought we should have had too much for Bournmouth and Preston. Somehow Farke's got to get some momentum going. You can't keep using same excuse we're slow starters. Other clubs with lesser players are putting Derby away and so should we.

A win at least get us through International break, and through the first transfer window deadline. And we can breathe a little easier from there

For me we are usually that team that allows a team on a bad run a win, wasn't it Watford last season?

If the rain is coming down it can even bits of the game out, chase every ball as it could get stuck in wet.

We need full on commitment and chase everything.

I would be disappointed if we lose today, but I am interested in how we adjust to the conditions and how up for the game we are. Alot of teams still look sluggish and our fitness and quality needs to show now. Then as our cohesion comes together we should be able to go through the gears.

It is always difficult to go through the gears, especially when you play pretty football in the rain. Bit of long ball football is not a problem today. Play it in the channel and corners for pukki to run on to.

I have a feel this is a Hugill day and he could be the difference maker as I think a lot more balls high into the box should be called for.

Today I was planning on watching the t20 finals, so just going to follow the game on the pinkun. But with the rain as it is it looks like full focus on ncfc

Our attacking build up play at Bournmouth was fine, it was the final effort on target that let us down and need addressing. Defensively we look a bit better than last season, though I accept we are playing against a lower standard. Looking forward to seeing Gibson in the starting 11 and Buendia at least.

I would like to see us keep Skipp and Rupp in midfield with a another.

Must start putting those chances away.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, smooth said:

For me we are usually that team that allows a team on a bad run a win, wasn't it Watford last season?

If the rain is coming down it can even bits of the game out, chase every ball as it could get stuck in wet.

We need full on commitment and chase everything.

I would be disappointed if we lose today, but I am interested in how we adjust to the conditions and how up for the game we are. Alot of teams still look sluggish and our fitness and quality needs to show now. Then as our cohesion comes together we should be able to go through the gears.

It is always difficult to go through the gears, especially when you play pretty football in the rain. Bit of long ball football is not a problem today. Play it in the channel and corners for pukki to run on to.

I have a feel this is a Hugill day and he could be the difference maker as I think a lot more balls high into the box should be called for.

Today I was planning on watching the t20 finals, so just going to follow the game on the pinkun. But with the rain as it is it looks like full focus on ncfc

The fact we have Quintilla who is an expert crosser into the box and yet the only player we have who can head a ball is Hugill can be confusing when next Hugill only seems to be getting 5 to 10 minute end of the match cameos

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

A good test to see where we are. Limp to a draw against an out of form derby and I’m concerned. I don’t think we will though. Expect a fairly comfortable 2-0 or 3-1.

The line up sure is going to be interesting today. With all the "happy" video clips from training should be no excuses why Cantwell and Buendia are included. I'd go for

Krull

Aarons Zimm Gibson Quintilla

Skipp Rupp

Cantwell Buendia Hernandez

Pukki

• Like 1

If we don't win this messageboard will not be for the faint hearted tonight, tomorrow or even the next day. It will require the KTF posters to appear.

• Like 1

Just to correct you slightly, that win against Barrow was last month, and it was League 2 (at the time, and and the current time) Barrow. 

I get your jist though, today had an 'along come Norwich' feel to it. 

Probably a little bit worse than I do atm, but I'll get over it and will look optimistically to winning the next game.

It depends on what team we pick, and the tactics employed, how we play, how the ref is and what good/bad luck is about

• Like 1

To be fair Bournemouth looked a very good side last night and we did pretty much nullify them last weekend and on another day would have got at least a point. 
Suspect if we lose ( or draw ) the board will be seeing posts started by the same people being negative this morning, but should we win they won’t even be seen, let alone starting topics ( unless it’s to tell us the win papered over the cracks ).

If Derby play well and we lose to the better team I will accept it and move on to the next game. It's a long season and there will be many ups and downs and as a Norwich fan for more decades than I care to remember I am sure used to surprises. 

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

To be fair Bournemouth looked a very good side last night and we did pretty much nullify them last weekend and on another day would have got at least a point. 
Suspect if we lose ( or draw ) the board will be seeing posts started by the same people being negative this morning, but should we win they won’t even be seen, let alone starting topics ( unless it’s to tell us the win papered over the cracks ).

Agreed WBB, we absolutely battered Bournemouth second half, we didn’t even just keep them inside their own half - we had them pegged back in their penalty area, they had no idea what to do but to defend like a boxer on the ropes. No good for the likes of Placheta that game because he had nowhere to run and take advantage of that blistering pace. Credit to Bournemouth for their defensive park the bus bank of 5 and 3, it worked - we really needed an Emi with his close control to wriggle through that to make the difference, but regardless, I thought in terms of play we looked a more dominant stronger team on the ball by some way.

Anyway, who would have thought West Ham would beat Wolves 4-0, Leicester to beat Man City 5-2? No ones infallible and Derby have to get the rub of the green at some point. Catch twenty two as I bet Farke would love to leave Buendia out of the side today to keep his profile low during the final stages of the shop window, but we need our final piece in the jigsaw playing this lunchtime unfortunately.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Agreed WBB, we absolutely battered Bournemouth second half, we didn’t even just keep them inside their own half - we had them pegged back in their penalty area, they had no idea what to do but to defend like a boxer on the ropes. No good for the likes of Placheta that game because he had nowhere to run and take advantage of that blistering pace. Credit to Bournemouth for their defensive park the bus bank of 5 and 3, it worked - we really needed an Emi with his close control to wriggle through that to make the difference, but regardless, I thought in terms of play we looked a more dominant stronger team on the ball by some way.

Anyway, who would have thought West Ham would beat Wolves 4-0, Leicester to beat Man City 5-2? No ones infallible and Derby have to get the rub of the green at some point. Catch twenty two as I bet Farke would love to leave Buendia out of the side today to keep his profile low during the final stages of the shop window, but we need our final piece in the jigsaw playing this lunchtime unfortunately.

Spot on.

Bournemouth absolutely destroyed Coventry last night and had we have gained a point last week after seeing that I would have been well confident for the seasons outcome. Such small margins, but let’s go glass full 1 defeat in 18 championship games.

• Like 1

Derby have looked out of sorts thus far and we are at home. Any normal season we'd be expecting a win.

Team still needs time to settle, however- 3 games in and the CB pairing has been broken up, for example. Personally I think a pair of any of Zim, Hanley and Gibson should be amongst the best in this division with Klose backup- but it stands to reason that the 10-game mark to judge is still where I'm looking.

If I was a betting man I would have this down similar to Preston H in our promotion season. Tricky, close game 0-0 at half time before an eventual 2-0 win.

Exactly, WBB. I remember the 2018/19 season we won the league - start of the season, drew at Birmingham, battered by Leeds, etc etc there were some huge overreactions on here about our fortunes that coming season (some concerns which were totally understandable to be fair). We were nevertheless doomed, get Farke out they cried. And as time has shown, what a massive mistake that would have been if those voices had been heard by the higher echelons. That said, there were a few voices on here such as Lakey that I distinctly remember had also noticed we weren’t far off and that we had started to dominate some games with a touch of swashbuckling verve for large spells (even the Leeds at home defeat we bossed them for the best part of the first half until that error unravelled us). The Bournemouth game reminded me of that, not quite there yet, but the dominance second half showed we can be the dominant force again. A touch of de ja vu? I honestly think so. Despite the murmurs I look through our squad now and firmly believe that is a squad very very capable of winning this league if the stars align. 

Massively disappointed until Lakey informs me that we are lucky and it's all part of the plan, at which point all will be well in the world.....

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Of course if we do win there will not be any Percy Positive's starting posts will there ?

Probably not as bad as if i were sat there watching it at the ground. Derby are in poor form and the lack of a win let alone a loss would be a concern. The player comings and goings will have disrupted our preparations plus the continued uncertainty as to who will be leaving, but it does give others opportunities and there are many in the current squad who have a point to prove to either make their mark or prove doubters wrong, its up to them to take their chances even with all the distractions. Once we have a settled squad that get used to playing with each other i think results will pick up, too early to say where we may or may not be at the end of the season. Bournmouth are showing that you can sell expensive players and still do well

Edited by Yorkshire Canary

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

If we don't win this messageboard will not be for the faint hearted tonight, tomorrow or even the next day. It will require the KTF posters to appear.

Fear not Tilly.........our Cumbrian friend in shining armour will be leading the ' voice of reason ' brigade at first light tomorrow 🙂

It will be disappointing but the team looks good on paper, winning isn't vital at this stage of the season but good for confidence. It's not a 'must' anything. If we play well like we did vs Bournemouth i'll see the positive and look forward to coming back from the break having had time for a bit more preparation.