A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

8 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Oh hell...that means here, up north, we're not going to be levelled up. 

Could this day get any worse. Sniff sniff 😢

"Up" north?

You're fooling nobody, a proper northerner would surely be using the (regionally) grammatically correct "oop north".

I call fraud. 🧐🥸

Edited by kick it off
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, kick it off said:

"Up" north?

You're fooling nobody, a proper northerner would surely be using the (regionally) grammatically correct "oop north".

I call fraud. 🧐🥸

I usually do! But I decided to think of any Norfolk audience and do a translation 😅

(Ps. 44 years and counting now so perhaps I'm a nearly adopted northerner)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

Gone back to Downing Street where a glass of whiskey and a revolver  await.

Looks like he's  drank the whiskey and shot Gove instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I hate Gove, but after these comments surely Johnson has to be checked out for his sanity

A No 10 source said: "You can't have a snake who is not with you on any of the big arguments who then gleefully tells the press the leader has to go."

The PM is understood to have rung Gove in the last 15 minutes to tell him he was sacked.

Apparently No. 10 believe, and having been briefing for a while, that Gove has been behind the negative plotting against Johnson. It’s like they can’t see where the real problem lies.

I suspect the 1922 committee are already realising that should have acted tonight on a rule change.

Meanwhile Johnson continues his scorched earth policy. Somethings are best done quickly.

14 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Looks like he's  drank the whiskey and shot Gove instead.

More sackings to come? I reckon so. It's about putting the frighteners on a few.

Edit: PS...maybe it's a case of revenge best served cold in Gove's case.

Edited by sonyc

Unbelievable.  A No.10 spokesman has tonight briefed the media about giving the PM "a new chancellor and a fresh challenge".  Do they think we don't know that the new chancellor is among those wanting Johnson to go?  

Probably from the same source who told us that Johnson knew nothing about the allegations against Chris Pincher.

Edited by benchwarmer

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

More sackings to come? I reckon so. It's about putting the frighteners on a few.

Too late for that, he's a dead man walking, just doesn't  realise it yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I suspect the 1922 committee are already realising that should have acted tonight on a rule change.

Meanwhile Johnson continues his scorched earth policy. Somethings are best done quickly.

I don't think they believed he would still be here tonight. They probably thought he would be in a Travelodge with a Meal Deal from Tesco Metro.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sonyc said:

If I was Gove I'd be delighted with that. Dodged bullet. Can fight another day.

As per Ricardo Johnson is a dead man walking ... zombie, its just that the message hasn't arrived at his head yet. Then perhaps he always was a member of the undead.

Edited by Yellow Fever

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

If I was Gove I'd be delighted with that. Dodged bullet. Can fight another day.

As per Ricardo Johnson is a dead man walking ... zombie, its just that the message hasn't arrived at his head yet.

What is going on with World politics? Trump still maintaining it was stolen. Johnson says the country, not politicians, is behind him.

Boris was cutting every link between him and the robbery...(cue Layla piano outro). Then they found Gove in the meat truck... 🤣

Apples

This is hilarious. So Johnson's strategy is to load the backbenches with people who hate his guts and who are better at organising than him  Then run a the country for a year and half. 

Edited by 1902

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

To be confirmed it must be said.... but yes.

Now confirmed Lewis has NOT resigned 

I suspect they misheard him because his tongue was rammed so far up Johnson's ar*se

44 minutes ago, sonyc said:

3AC5304A-F469-4A2C-BBD2-D26EAEC8443E.jpeg

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, 1902 said:

This is hilarious. So Johnson's strategy is to load the backbenches with people who hate his guts and who are better at organising than him  Then run a the country for a year and half. 

It will be one hell of a mess. And it's the kind of chaotic thing that may badly affect the reputation of the Tory party for many years. Quite rightly. So many have been complicit in this Johnson government that many are tarred. 

I cannot see him lasting a week though.

Panic over! Peter Bone has just offered to fill a ministerial position, while on Newsnight. The country is safe.

5 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Couldn't agree more, although the Queen should have dismissed him a long time ago - the first time he flouted the rules of our pathetically weak unwritten constitution and told her a pack of lies would have been the ideal time, and saved this country a huge amount of grief and damage that he has inflicted on us since then.

IMG_20220706_225334.thumb.jpg.3afdadc879cd8b8348a7948179e391ef.jpg

• Haha 3

Good points beling made. We are not a Republic and he is not a President. He does not have a mandate from the Country. The Tory party does. And they don't want him as leader. In that case, constitutionally, he could not dissolve Parliament as the Tory party still maintains a 76 seat majority.

The Telegraph is reporting that the whips office reckons he has the support of just 65 Tory MPs. Of course there's going to be a lot of rumours around but if all the papers that tends to know about the internal machinations of the Conservatives its them.

6 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

All piling on now.

Well Robert, that's a very good question that I asked you to ask me earlier.

She proves the point that we could still get a worse PM (and human) than Boris Johnson.

7 hours ago, Herman said:

Clucking bell. A sitting MP no less.

Did she say the same thing when May was turfed out by Johnson and his clan of thugs?

Just as a matter of accuracy, is she so stupid that she doesn't realise that it was the Tory Party that was given a mandate at the last election, not the PM? That a politician can be so ignorant of our constitution ought to be a disbar to them ever standing again as an MP.

• Like 3

Brandon Lewis has finally gone. Thoughts and prayers for Yarmouth. 

6 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

All piling on now.

Well Robert, that's a very good question that I asked you to ask me earlier.

So the worst Attorney General in our history wants to replace the worst PM. I suppose there's a certain symmetry to that. Let's not forget that this is an AG who publicly rubbished a cornerstone  of our constitution, the right to trial by jury, when she questioned the verdict of the jury in the case of the Bristol statue fellers, because she didn't like the result.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herman said:

She proves the point that we could still get a worse PM (and human) than Boris Johnson.

...........hopefully it is just a case of another delusional dimwit in action - the Tory Party surely couldn't be institutionally stupid enough to pick her surely?

Edited by Creative Midfielder
  • Haha 1