A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

Another 5. - Last one out turn the lights off please.

Five more government ministers quit

Five further ministers have just resigned from the government.

Kemi Badenoch, Neil O'Brien, Alex Burghart, Lee Rowley and Julia Lopez have all resigned in a single letter.

Julia Lopez was a culture minister.

Lee Rowley was a business minister.

Alex Burghart was an education minister.

Neil O'Brien was a levelling up minister.

Kemi Badenoch was a local government minister.

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I'm interested as to whether a rule change will go through. What MP who's a potential leader will want to wave in the possibility of weekly VNCs?

Could be wrong but my understanding is that the 1922 Committee is made up entirely of backbenchers and if even not, looking at the current incumbents there isn't anyone remotely likely to be considered as a potential leader so I don't imagine it will be a consideration.

Plus they can always change the rule back after they've got rid of Johnson although, and again I may be wrong but I rather think that the rule about having to wait a year before a second vote of confidence is a relatively recent one. Maybe in the the light of the experience of having been lumbered with a scumbag like Johnson they will think its maybe a rule they should scrap completely, just in case.....

Edited by Creative Midfielder

13 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Could be wrong but my understanding is that the 1922 Committee is made up entirely of backbenchers and if even not, looking at the current incumbents there isn't anyone remotely likely to be considered as a potential leader so I don't imagine it will be a consideration.

Plus they can always change the rule back after they've got rid of Johnson although, and again I may be wrong but I rather think that the rule about having to wait a year before a second vote of confidence is a relatively recent one. Maybe in the the light of the experience of having been lumbered with a scumbag like Johnson they will think its maybe a rule they should scrap completely, just in case.....

I think they are all resigning now so they can go along to the 1922 Committee meeting this evening. That gives them the opportunity to end that meeting, if not with a rule change but a statement of no confidence.

11 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Just add an additional rule - notwithstanding the 'year long grace period' from an earlier VONC, should 30% or more of the party express their demand for a VONC, the committee may, at their discretion, enact a further VONC at anytime.

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

In relation to the most recent debate on this thread, this is interesting...

Johnson looks like he will carry on fighting 

This would be the most bat**** thing I would have ever seen happen in British politics.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Now Gove has turned on him!

N.Norfolk MP (Baker) quit.

It's simply snowballing. Of course any of them with any integrity should have called Johnson out years ago but now its just simpler and politically expedient  to jump and falsely try to claim some small portion of credibility.

Vote them all out as ne'er do wells at the next election apart from those that called Johnson out years ago - Hunt etc.

36 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Now Gove has turned on him!

Snakes Belly said he couldn't work under Boris not too many years ago.

• Like 1

Resignation Watch latest:

Rachel McLean - Home Office junior miniser

Craig Williams - PPS

Mark Logan - PPS (MP for 'red wall' Bolton)

25 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

N.Norfolk MP (Baker) quit.

It's simply snowballing. Of course any of them with any integrity should have called Johnson out years ago but now its just simpler and politically expedient  to jump and falsely try to claim some small portion of credibility.

Vote them all out as ne'er do wells at the next election apart from those that called Johnson out years ago - Hunt etc.

Sunak and Javid clearly jumped when they did to put clear water between them and Johnson when it comes to the election for the next leader. Will it damage Truss to cling to him till the end? (I can’t quite believe I’m even discussing Liz Truss as a potential future prime minister)

Johnson claiming, in relation to stories he’s run out of candidates to replace resignees, that there’s “a wealth of talent” in the Conservative party. Not sure this could get any funnier. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, horsefly said:

I'm sure I heard Beth Rigby last night claim that something like 180 Tory MPs have come out against Johnson one way or another, and that number seems to be rising rapidly today. There's no chance he can survive this rebellion. As regards his ability to fill ministerial positions, I reckon he will just promote Nadine Dorries to become "Minister of Everything"

The point I made last night about BoJo the Charlatan not being able to fill the vacant ministerial positions was at the time not one I’d seen made, but it is certainly is now.

7 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

Resignation Watch latest:

Rachel McLean - Home Office junior miniser

Craig Williams - PPS

Mark Logan - PPS (MP for 'red wall' Bolton)

Is it wrong that I haven’t heard of any of these people that run the country? 

• Like 1

The idiot is making jokes in front of the Liaison Committee. He was pulled up and told it isn't funny what is happening. When questioned about a statement and who was it attributed to hevjoked Cicero. It was his statement.

I find his demeanour awful, he’s not got a honest or sincere bone in his body! He keeps going on about his mandate he must complete, well he’s already crippled the NHS and care sectors by cutting off staff from the EU, he’s lost control of the UK borders as more illegal refugees are coming here than we had pre 2019, our GDP is now one of the  lowest and forecast to be terrible as we lose more market to trade in, our relationships with other countries is suffering and the only positives Boris can use his support of throwing arms and billions to Ukraine (yet the Ukrainian refugees are finding it harder to get into the UK than those on the dingy’s)! And his response to Covid vaccines, but given his first three months of Covid response was to allow the spread of Covid through care homes, his jovial response to it in the press and the total waste of billions and contracts to mates through the entire three years makes any boasting of his Covid response utterly terrible too!

The guy and his entire bum liking cabinet are all as culpable as he is and there certainly should be a general election as I really don’t want any of the Conservative’s taking over, they’re all part of this utterly atrocious position the UK finds itself in. We need a real change at government and a cabinet looking for the people of Britain not for personal gain and power!

• Thanks 1

Listening to Shelagh Fogarty this afternoon and at least 3 men were on ranting that Johnson should be given his full term as that is what the people voted for. The fact that these guys, roughly the same age as me, probably lived here the majority of their lives, haven't a clue how our country is run or how our parliamentary system works, I found a bit saddening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Listening to Shelagh Fogarty this afternoon and at least 3 men were on ranting that Johnson should be given his full term as that is what the people voted for. The fact that these guys, roughly the same age as me, probably lived here the majority of their lives, haven't a clue how our country is run or how our parliamentary system works, I found a bit saddening.

Yes - I'm afraid we have all our village idiots now on public display.

I see a lot of (remaining 😉 )  ministers are now going to harangue Johnson en-masse. Pitchforks I think.

That or a constitutional crisis awaits if even then, totally deluded, he won't go....

Edited by Yellow Fever

I am watching the death throes of Johnson in front of the Liaison Commiittee. It is the most extraordinary and embarassing moment in UK politics.

BREAKINGGroup of cabinet ministers will tell PM to go

A group of cabinet ministers are about to tell the PM to resign, including the chief whip, the BBC understands.

BREAKINGWelsh secretary among group set to tell PM to go

ebb82d31-45da-4497-a627-c240db2cda05.jpg

Ione Wells

Political Correspondent, BBC News

As we've just told you, a group of cabinet ministers are set to tell Boris Johnson it's time to go.

Welsh Secretary Simon Hart is among them. He made it clear to No 10 yesterday that it was "game over" but it shouldn’t have to come by ministerial resignations.

BREAKINGNI Secretary Brandon Lewis among delegation to PM

8fb48771-85a4-4184-9d29-358626fda9a5.jpg

Chris Mason

Political editor, BBC News

I understand the Northern Ireland Secretary Brandon Lewis is one of those cabinet ministers intending to join a delegation of colleagues going to see the prime minister to tell him he must resign.

BREAKINGShapps among delegation

8fb48771-85a4-4184-9d29-358626fda9a5.jpg

Chris Mason

Political editor, BBC News

The Transport Secretary Grant Shapps is also part of the delegation.

He is expecting to go to see the prime minister early this evening.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

I am watching the death throes of Johnson in front of the Liaison Commiittee. It is the most extraordinary and embarassing moment in UK politics.

Indeed, but to be fair he’s not being allowed to give his waffle! They’re cutting him off as he tries to piffle!

Carrie doesn’t live here anymore.

lol tonight he will no longer be PM and she will give him her resignation as well.

Has he barricaded himself in No 10 with a sniper rifle and the nuclear button codes yet?

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Indeed, but to be fair he’s not being allowed to give his waffle! They’re cutting him off as he tries to piffle!

'Star' chamber - hanging judges.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Has he barricaded himself in No 10 with a sniper rifle and the nuclear button codes yet?

Don't laugh Ricardo - I think anything is almost possible now. That tumbril has been wheeled out for real this time and Queeny has given special permission to use Tower green (crown land) first time in several hundred years!

Reminds me of Trump in a way - refusing to accept/deluded the inevitable.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Don't laugh Ricardo - I think anything is almost possible now. That tumbril has been wheeled out for real this time and Queeny has given special permission to use Tower green (crown land) first time in several hundred years!

Reminds me of Trump in a way - refusing to accept/deluded the inevitable.

I’ve said this for years, this guy is as dangerous as Trump or Putin, he’s got a power complex and the way he refers to he was elected to fulfil his mandate! It’s the government which he heads that was elected…..he talks like a dictator! He’ll act like one too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Carrie doesn’t live here anymore.

lol tonight he will no longer be PM and she will give him her resignation as well.

If you've ever seen the film Bowfinger then Carrie is the character played by Heather Graham.😀 "Working" her way to the top.

• Haha 1

If ever we needed a head of state / constitution with teeth its now

The Queen should simply dismiss him tonight and if necessary ask SKS to form a caretaker govt while the Tory's get their  s h i t together..