A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

Parliament goes into recess on 21st July until 6th September.  Boris only has to hang on for another two weeks.  He will believe that he can. 

Edited by benchwarmer

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

I hope that when the end comes no poster here is stupid enough to express sympathy for Johnson, or to talk about him being a flawed victim in some kind of Greek tragedy. His whole life and career has been an exercise in solipsistic self-interest and never involved having any sympathy or fellow-feeling for anyone.

Or as I see one of his former mistresses has said today:

"Knowing Boris as I well as I do...his obsession with his own divine right will tear apart his party and cause collateral damage to the country. He once told me that he idolised medieval kings because they didn't 'have to bother with voters' and had 'a free pass to do as they pleased'."

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think they are all resigning now so they can go along to the 1922 Committee meeting this evening. That gives them the opportunity to end that meeting, if not with a rule change but a statement of no confidence.

I believe the 1922 Committee is planning to dissolve its executive and hold an immediate re-election so as to give it a mandate to change the rules re. VONC.

PS. 37 resignations so far (as of 10 minutes ago)

Edited by benchwarmer

I just give my thanks everyday (to my personal god 😄), that Johnson got all the big decisions right. Where the hell would this country be right now if he'd got it all wrong! I shudder to think.

Anyway, I'm going to be sad too now not to be able to see how Zahawi would have tackled inflation. Surely his tenure will be one of  the shortest ever? He was so convincing this morning in his first interview. He was quite a brilliant vaccination minister and clearly he knows his economics.

....okay... okay...my sarcasm is now out of my system.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Or as I see one of his former mistresses has said today:

"Knowing Boris as I well as I do...his obsession with his own divine right will tear apart his party and cause collateral damage to the country. He once told me that he idolised medieval kings because they didn't 'have to bother with voters' and had 'a free pass to do as they pleased'."

Don't give him any ideas....

50 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Everyone eventually runs out of road, he has had a good run and got away with more than most. It must be obvious even to him that his time is up.

I agree, but he has a vindictive streak and has less concern for the party than someone like Thatcher. I could see him deliberately drawing this out and making it as ugly as possible. Which tbh would just provide entertainment for me in between cricket matches and before the football season.

It must be serious now, both Grant Shapps and Michael Green are having a word with him.

Apples

• Haha 2

The Georgia Guidestones have just been blown up. Boris trying to divert attention.

Does he not know, not even Ricardo and RTB are not backing him anymore

BREAKINGBoris Johnson refuses to quit

We're hearing that the PM has refused to quit despite calls from several key cabinet colleagues. He is insisting that he wants to continue to focus on the "hugely important issues facing the country".

Edited by Well b back

13 hours ago, ricardo said:

To err is human, to forgive is devine😉

The same morally stringent sentiments are already up to 85 Recommends on the FT site so I will live with not qualifying for divinity.

Edited by PurpleCanary

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

He is insisting that he wants to continue to focus on the "hugely important issues facing the country".

To ruin the UK and deliver the third world economy he promised!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

He's not going to resign.

Blue on blue to follow.

Its beyond SKSs wildest dreams.

He must call an election, only option left to him as I appreciate he will lose even bigger as the other option is being brought down Tuesday by his own MP’s.

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Come on Dominic, finish him off, or do you know something even bigger that will put him in jail ?

If he told us Johnson was a drug dealing rapist he wouldn't resign.

Itsfunny Johnson keeps crying "mandate", which is what got Pincher in trouble.

• Haha 3

Who the f*** do you think you are, just f*** off, although I must say every minute he stays, the more he actually brings his own party down. 

But he has defied the growing calls for him to quit, saying it would not be "responsible" for him to go.

He told MPs it would not be right for him to "walk away" amid economic pressures and the war in Ukraine.

Tory MPs need to abstain en masse from voting on any and every piece of new legislation.

The Northern Ireland Protocol Bill is scheduled for debate next Wednesday.  That could be interesting.

Edited by benchwarmer

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

If he told us Johnson was a drug dealing rapist he wouldn't resign.

Itsfunny Johnson keeps crying "mandate", which is what got Pincher in trouble.

He does not get it, myself and most of my family were part of that mandate that gave him this position. We want to withdraw that mandate so f*** off or put your mandate to the test and call an election.

Give us the chance to kick you out and any of those that gave you their complete support.

10 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Brandon Lewis gone.

More.must follow.

Presumably he has left in a very specific and limited way?😂😂

To be confirmed it must be said.... but yes.

12 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Presumably he has left in a very specific and limited way?😂😂

Now confirmed Lewis has NOT resigned 

Edited by Yellow Fever
Correction

2 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

Tory MPs need to abstain en masse from voting on any and every piece of new legislation.

The cabinet need to resign on mass, however they won’t as in their fantasy world, they still put themselves and their friendships above our Country, believing he can still pull it around.

I wonder if it has now dawned on the Tory party that Johnson is a parasite... and they where his host. Pity its eaten their brains out!

Johnson Party not the Tory party. That died a few years back.

Edited by Yellow Fever

Bryant told him at the Liaison Committee that everything is all about Johnson. Its not policies. Its all abouthis problems, his chaos and his mistakes.

Surely the man needs sectioning. We are all wrong nothim.

11 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Gove fired...🤣🤣🤣

Apples

Oh hell...that means here, up north, we're not going to be levelled up. 

Could this day get any worse. Sniff sniff 😢

Edited by sonyc
  • Haha 1

You couldn’t write it

BREAKINGBoris Johnson sacks Michael Gove

image.gif.9a5fab1ffefa59b6c403a4b681f9ae39.gif
ReutersCopyright: Reuters

The prime minister has sacked Levelling Up, Housing and Communities Secretary, Michael Gove.

I hate Gove, but after these comments surely Johnson has to be checked out for his sanity

A No 10 source said: "You can't have a snake who is not with you on any of the big arguments who then gleefully tells the press the leader has to go."

The PM is understood to have rung Gove in the last 15 minutes to tell him he was sacked.