A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

1 hour ago, benchwarmer said:

Hang on a minute.  Boris is standing down as party leader but not as PM.  The greased piglet will still believe he can wriggle out of this. 

Might still need those holly stakes and holy water vials to be sure.

Edited by Yellow Fever

Here we are again, the next PM of this country to be determined by the same handful of Tory constituency party loons who bequeathed us the most corrupt leader in our history. Not promising is it!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Glad he's gone. Delivered Brexit, first major country to rollout vaccines and led the world on support for Ukraine, so some very significant achievements but all went down the toilet when Carrie arrived. Still, it has been an entertaining ride and hopefully we will now actually get a Conservative as PM.

Of course, it was all the woman's fault. Up to that point his career has been an unblemished paragon of virtue and public service.

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

Would love to see Johnson out on the streets of Tamworth campaigning for the new candidate.

I think him standing for the monster raving looney party would be good, but they'd never touch him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

I think him standing for the monster raving looney party would be good, but they'd never touch him.

Ha ha! A bit too much of a monster for them.

9 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Here we are again, the next PM of this country to be determined by the same handful of Tory constituency party loons who bequeathed us the most corrupt leader in our history. Not promising is it!

Despite many expressions of support I shall not seek nor shall I accept the nomination for next PM.

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Despite many expressions of support I shall not seek nor shall I accept the nomination for next PM.

What if its thrust upon you?

39 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Glad he's gone. Delivered Brexit, first major country to rollout vaccines and led the world on support for Ukraine, so some very significant achievements but all went down the toilet when Carrie arrived. Still, it has been an entertaining ride and hopefully we will now actually get a Conservative as PM.

Delivered May's Brexit, vaccines rollout good but still acted too slowly in the first place and too much corruption around awarding of contracts. And our support for Ukraine is hardly anything more than giving them arms and money. It hasn't stopped Russia.

The worst PM of the worst Government in our history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I have a tear in my eye. Both of regret and a recognition of your noble declaration putting the best interests of the country first.

49 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I was always a moderate supporter of Boris until the 2016 Brexit referendum when he started writing Doublethink newspaper articles to gain popular support.

My opinion of him lowered when he scared a great deal of the county with his broadcasts as PM, stopped attendance to Funerals, Baby Births and two Christmases whilst him and his team were laughing and drinking behind the scences in No. 10 every night. Not to mention the corruption with the PPE and vaxx deals which the taxpayer will probably be paying for decades to come.

Also obssessed with trying to ram through greenwashing policies which were not within his manifesto to undertake.

As for the Ukraine saga, he has single-handedly made the UK jump in with both feet in blindly defending Zelensky's agenda, and massively tried to stoke the fire by sending over a Billion pounds worth of cruise missles and weapons to the border, whilst ignoring his own citizens: Over 2million people in this country are using foodbanks.... This has also exacerbated the energy crisis, as we (and Europe, especially Germany) are heavily reliant on Russia for fuel and gas supplies. The fuel prices were already out of control prior to Russia's invasion, yet they try and blame it ALL on the conflict?

The icing on the cake was that his government also actively encouraged banning of Russian and Belarusians from sport, which is incredibily dumb and will probably start a t!t-for-tat for unjust discrimination. Did he learn nothing from the 1980 Olympics?

Edited by TheRock
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Of course, it was all the woman's fault. Up to that point his career has been an unblemished paragon of virtue and public service.

I know your comment is tongue in cheek and I wouldn't begrudge any of you having some fun today, but you have to admit he was on an upward trajectory before CJ and on a downward spiral since she appeared on the scene. Co-incidence? I think not.

2 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I know your comment is tongue in cheek and I wouldn't begrudge any of you having some fun today, but you have to admit he was on an upward trajectory before CJ and on a downward spiral since she appeared on the scene. Co-incidence? I think not.

Utter rot! It was simply a case of his persistent lying and corruption finally catching up with him. He has ALWAYS behaved like this, and finally the Tory Party have concluded that the level of moral degeneracy he has brought to government is an existential threat to their future survival. Nothing more, nothing less.

A typically non-contrite statement by Johnson. It was all the fault of others.

He started out in his early days talking about herd immunity and ends his term talking about herd instinct.

Starmer playing a blinder by telling the Tories that if they allow him to stay on as caretaker leader Labour will table a vote of no confidence. That would force all those Tories who have publicly declared their unwillingness to support Johnson because of their his lack of integrity to demonstrate the veracity of their sudden new-found commitment to ethical values.

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Utter rot! It was simply a case of his persistent lying and corruption finally catching up with him. He has ALWAYS behaved like this, and finally the Tory Party have concluded that the level of moral degeneracy he has brought to government is an existential threat to their future survival. Nothing more, nothing less.

I would disagree with your analysis. Of course your side has been against Johnson from the get-go as that is the nature of the game. We expect this. You have to look at when his own side and those that voted for him turned against him. As they did. That's the crucial point because when his own side turns then its just a matter of time for him to be a gonner. And that point co-incides with him divorcing his wife and taking up with a young floozy who inserted herself into the machinery of government. 

43 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

What if its thrust upon you?

I'm well past the thrusting stage.

Unlike Boris.

Edited by ricardo

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

He started out in his early days talking about herd immunity and ends his term talking about herd instinct.

Indeed! Of all the words he chose to use in celebrating his "incredibly brilliant" premiership, I thought his account of the vicissitudes that brought an end to his glorious reign captured the pure narcissism that has fuelled his every waking moment. His only failure was to find himself beholden to the "herd" of ingrates who refused to accept his genius. It was not the moral judgement of reflective human beings that his corruption could no longer be tolerated, but the brutal unthinking "Darwinistic forces of nature" that brought about his demise. The man is a monster. 

7 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I would disagree with your analysis. Of course your side has been against Johnson from the get-go as that is the nature of the game. We expect this. You have to look at when his own side and those that voted for him turned against him. As they did. That's the crucial point because when his own side turns then its just a matter of time for him to be a gonner. And that point co-incides with him divorcing his wife and taking up with a young floozy who inserted herself into the machinery of government. 

I think you have the date of the start of their relationship wrong.  Although why it’s this rather than your blatant sexism I’m objecting to, I don’t know.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7173329/Boris-Johnson-Carrie-Symonds-split-earlier-month-four-rows-six-weeks.html
(Apologies for a Daily Fail link, but it’s probably more credible for crusties like RTB)

8 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Sadly that is pure nonsense as you well know. Max Hastings and Peter Oborne, both true blue Thatcherites, both former employers of Johnson, both long ago described him as totally unfit to be an MP and totally unfit to govern. I have posted links to their articles many times. I suggest you google them to disabuse yourself of this completely fallacious view of Johnson's character flaws. Indeed, why stop there, try googling the views of his old Eton classics tutor sent in a letter to his equally decadent father; you will find not a thing has changed since he was an obnoxious narcissistic child.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

At least you lot are united with Russia on one thing...

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/russia-delight-fall-stupid-clown-112304604.html

Is that really the best you can come up with? You're simply confirming just how miserably bad things are for Johnson such that all you can say in his defence is that Russia are happy to see the clown dethroned.

Just think we could have had chaos with Miliband or strikes and economic meltdown with Corbyn. 

54 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Quite, I suppose he was at least consistent - talked absolute b******s right to the very end.

At least this morning we could just have a good laugh at his nonsense and of course he also can now get on with what he has always really wanted - earning some 'real' money, presumably speaking on the after dinner circuit and writing for the muppets in the Tory press - they are welcome to him 😂😂

34 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Quite, I suppose he was at least consistent - talked absolute b******s right to the very end.

At least this morning we could just have a good laugh at his nonsense and of course he also can now get on with what he has always really wanted - earning some 'real' money, presumably speaking on the after dinner circuit and writing for the muppets in the Tory press - they are welcome to him 😂😂

I'm not sure though. Biden utterly hates him after the potshots he took at Obama. I doubt he gets the lucrative deals Blair got for helping Bush after 911 and supporting him with the invasions of Iraq. Yesterday, he pretty much admitted he met up with an ex-KGB agent, whilst as Foreign Secretary, without any UK officials present straight after sensitive NATO discussions after the Salisbury poisoning incidents. Internationally he's seen as a pariah, and even the tubthumping crowd are getting sick of him.

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Don’t worry, we cannot get any worse than this.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Just think we could have had chaos with Miliband or strikes and economic meltdown with Corbyn. 

… and Starmer supported the recent RMT ones.

1 minute ago, Icecream Snow said:

I'm not sure though. Biden utterly hates him after the potshots he took at Obama. I doubt he gets the lucrative deals Blair got for helping Bush after 911 and supporting him with the invasions of Iraq. Yesterday, he pretty much admitted he met up with an ex-KGB agent, whilst as Foreign Secretary, without any UK officials present straight after sensitive NATO discussions after the Salisbury poisoning incidents. Internationally he's seen as a pariah, and even the tubthumping crowd are getting sick of him.

Hope you are right and in that case he's just left with trotting out his tripe in the columns of the Tory press - they seem to have an insatiable appetite for printing absolute **** so he'll still have a steady earner there.

But agree that he isn't going to be in same earnings bracket as Blair, and if Carrie loses interest in him now he's out of power then that could be an expensive one for him 😂😂