A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

Is this Pincher thing going to be a by-election? clearly from a tory perspective they should let him be in charge for that.

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

Is this Pincher thing going to be a by-election? clearly from a tory perspective they should let him be in charge for that.

Would love to see Johnson out on the streets of Tamworth campaigning for the new candidate.

Kwasi Kwarteng with his usual cutting edge insight and analysis has tweeted that "we need a new leader as soon as practicable, and in the meantime the wheels of government must continue". Such genius surely elevates him to the front of the pack.

7 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Kwasi Kwarteng with his usual cutting edge insight and analysis has tweeted that "we need a new leader as soon as practicable, and in the meantime the wheels of government must continue". Such genius surely elevates him to the front of the pack.

To be followed by tweets about the toilet habits of bears and the Pope’s religion presumably?

• Haha 1

The I (behind a paywall, regrettably) have linked 12 incidents of backlash with announced calls with Zelenskyy.

Johnson is beyond parody. What a ****.

Can we now assume that when Johnson speculated about serving a "third term" he was actually making reference to his future prison record?

Edited by horsefly

I'm beginning to fear that I might have experienced a Pamela Ewing type moment for the last two years of my memory. It's the only rational explanation.

2 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

We can only hope 😄

Oi! Leave the poor dog out of this 😕

• Like 1

I don't know about anyone else, but my schadenfreude readings are so far off the scale I might need hospitalisation.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I don't know about anyone else, but my schadenfreude readings are so far off the scale I might need hospitalisation.

You’d better hope not, there’s a 6 million queue for treatment on the NHS, where did that 360 million a week promised by Boris for the NHS go? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

You’d better hope not, there’s a 6 million queue for treatment on the NHS, where did that 360 million a week promised by Boris for the NHS go? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Ukraine

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Ukraine

And there’s me thinking that the 11 billion misspent and unaccounted for during covid was possibly where it had gone! Makes you wonder how and where this money has gone to!

Edited by Indy

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

National holiday tomorrow ?

It will be for me - it's my birthday! 

I shall be 71.  Fifty years ago when I turned 21 the country was in a state of complete turmoil as our industrial base and our whole identity as an industrial nation disintegrated.  Oil prices went through the roof as the Saudis turned off the tap, and there were scheduled power cuts and a 3-day working week to save fuel.  All we need now is a currency crisis and devaluation of the £.  I have a strong sense of deja vu.

Edited by benchwarmer

26 minutes ago, Indy said:

And there’s me thinking that the 11 billion misspent and unaccounted for during covid was possibly where it had gone! Makes you wonder how and where this money has gone to!

It never existed in the first place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

I shall be 71.  Fifty years ago when I turned 21 the country was in a state of complete turmoil as our industrial base and our whole identity as an industrial nation disintegrated.  Oil prices went through the roof as the Saudis turned off the tap, and there were scheduled power cuts and a 3-day working week to save fuel.  All we need now is a currency crisis and devaluation of the £.  I have a strong sense of deja vu.

1951 was a real vintage year.

27 minutes ago, Indy said:

No. That was loose change. It was worth spending that so that Boris can have a legacy that is unique.

Never, in the field of British Politics, has so much been fcuked up by so few for so many.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

Happy Birthday BW.

We don't always agree but actually I generally find most posters on here quite sensible and can agree to disagree with a bit of ribbing.

Yes currency is interesting - just sold several hundred thousand USD in a hurry this morning - 1.195 - Many thanks Brexiteers / Tories!

• Thanks 1

Hang on a minute.  Boris is standing down as party leader but not as PM.  The greased piglet will still believe he can wriggle out of this. 

Edited by benchwarmer

18 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

Happy birthday! Have a fab day celebrating! Well if your deja vu is correct I’ll be heading back to Prague to live! I was there 50 years ago and remember my mum telling me about Nan and grandad in the uk moaning on the phone on the weekly call about how rubbish it was back then!

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Indy said:

Delia obviously nabbed it (according to some on this site)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

Hang on a minute.  Boris is standing down as party leader but not as PM.  The greased piglet will still believe he can wriggle out of this. 

He'll probably declare a wartime emergency and the suspension of all normal protocols.

33 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

yep! happy birthday! I was a young child at the time, and rather enjoyed the adventure of candlelit evenings as the lights went out. Didn't expect that prospect to return in the 2020s.

• Thanks 1

Well that was something of a damp squib! perhaps he could have cut it shorter by simply saying, "I've been a terrible cnut, fuc*k you! I'm now going to spend the next couple of months fuc*king things up even more that I've already managed."

Note, not a single word of apology for the catalogue of corruption that has seen him spaff an 80 seat majority up the wall. Not even his usual "apology" for "simple mistakes".  I suppose we should always expect shi*te from an ars*ehole

Edited by horsefly

Glad he's gone. Delivered Brexit, first major country to rollout vaccines and led the world on support for Ukraine, so some very significant achievements but all went down the toilet when Carrie arrived. Still, it has been an entertaining ride and hopefully we will now actually get a Conservative as PM.