Sign in to follow this  
Don’t be Krul

Glenn Murray to Watford

3 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Having a medical ahead of a season long loan apparently. In the twilight of his career but ought to score for fun at this level. Deeney on the way out perhaps?

Deeney linked quite heavily to Spurs, which I'm sure will go down among their fans like a lead balloon.

Glen Murray has had a wonderful career but do people realize he is 37 at the end of this month. If we had signed him i would have been totally underwhelmed and he will do well to last 90 minutes very often. he may come on late and get the odd important goal but i would be surprised if he got into double figures

• Like 1

Wow let’s be honest had we signed him there would be an uproar.......I doubt he will be that great, far happier to have Hugill thanks!

• Like 4

I think the OP was just stating Watford had signed Glen Murray and does that mean Deeney’s off. I don’t think he was stating Norwich should have signed him instead of Hugill.

11 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

I think the OP was just stating Watford had signed Glen Murray and does that mean Deeney’s off. I don’t think he was stating Norwich should have signed him instead of Hugill.

And no one has actually said any different, just pointing out the negative reaction there would have been on here had we signed him! It’s a very poor signing for such a supposedly well off club like Watford!

Edited by Indy

24 minutes ago, Indy said:

And no one has actually said any different, just pointing out the negative reaction there would have been on here had we signed him! It’s a very poor signing for such a supposedly well off club like Watford!

I disagree it’s a really poor signing. I think he could still be decent backup in the champs. He’ll get a few goals and give them something different coming off the bench. I believe he’ll be a big leadership presence to. Granted though if I was a Watford fan I wouldn’t be thrilled.

2 hours ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

Glen Murray has had a wonderful career but do people realize he is 37 at the end of this month. If we had signed him i would have been totally underwhelmed and he will do well to last 90 minutes very often. he may come on late and get the odd important goal but i would be surprised if he got into double figures

A few more years then, before he is ready for the binners 😉

Look at our own fans reactions when we signed Dion Dublin aged 37, yet he went on to win the Barry Butler and play 70+ games for us, with great performances at both Centre Half and Centre Forward.

Cristiano Ronaldo is now 35, yet I don't see anyone claiming he is past it or that in 2 years he'll be useless either.

Murray may or may not be a good signing for them, but he knows where the goal is, has vast experience, will be a great influence in their dressing room, and is probably a better backup for them than many players that would cost far more to acquire.

He's certainly a better signing for them, than John Hartson was for us...

• Like 1

Yet more evidence that target men often improve with age and are at their peak around 30. Hugill could have nine more good years in him!

15 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Yet more evidence that target men often improve with age and are at their peak around 30. Hugill could have nine more good years in him!

Adrian Coote really shouldn't have given up, just 24 when he left Colchester and drifted into non-league obscurity. He was only 4 years from becoming decent and beginning his rapid ascent up the levels! 

26 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'll be happier once Deeney,Delofeu,Pereyra,Sarr leave Watford ...because with a week and a half to go before the season starts, theyre all still there and 'should' cause some serious damage in this league?

Exactly this. I'd be less worried about Murray than Deeney

4 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'll be happier once Deeney,Delofeu,Pereyra,Sarr leave Watford ...because with a week and a half to go before the season starts, theyre all still there and 'should' cause some serious damage in this league?

Delofeu is still about 3 months away from playing.

In some ways, it is quite good to have another club doing really well, as well as our own club, as two clubs dominating the championship means that both will be causing damage to the rest of the league, keeping them all down the table a bit.

If it is to be Watford, then so be it. Two clubs doing well (as long as we are one of them) is a good thing.

Edited by lake district canary

I think he'll be a really good signing for them and one that would have suited us more than Hugill, especially having Pukki and Idah already.

People mock because of his age, but our defence probably couldnt contain him. I imagine he'll be on double figures at the end of the season on his goal tally. Not a bad back up signing for Watford IMO.

19 hours ago, ELYOUKAYEE said:

Jordan Hugill's magic! He wears a magic hat! 

And when he saw the cross lobbed in
He said "I'm havin' that!"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

And when he saw the cross lobbed in
He said "I'm havin' that!"

He scores goals with his left foot, he scores goals with his right.....

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

He scores goals with his left foot, he scores goals with his right.....

He even scores them with his head as he's *expletive* dynamite!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

He even scores them with his head as he's *expletive* dynamite!

or...

When we play the ipswich scum he scores all *expletive" night!

• Like 2

They should nickname Glenn Murray "Douglas Bader" instead. Awesome in the air, creaky on the deck.

Edited by TheGunnShow
Nice spot by WCork - I mixed up Glenn Whelan and Glenn Murray. Somehow. Must be getting old.

25 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

They should nickname Glenn Whelan "Douglas Bader" instead. Awesome in the air, creaky on the deck.

Glenn Whelan? Tidy footballer in his day, cant recall him being that outstanding in the air though.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Glenn Whelan? Tidy footballer in his day, cant recall him being that outstanding in the air though.

Good point. Better edit that now!!