Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

1 minute ago, Barbe bleu said:

Do we know the price anyone agreed?

There was speculation and rumour and incomplete photos but was it bottomed out anywhere?

We do because the Belgian minister was bragging about how much less than us they paid, thanks to the glorious EU bulk buying power.

We undoubtedly paid more but then price shouldn't have been a concern in the present circumstances.

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

As the contracts were signed before we officially left the EU I feel the only fair way is if we shared any made in the UK with our friends in Europe. I am sure some of our concerned citizens will understand.

Once our elderly and vulnerable are sorted I would be quite amenable to sending some aid. After all, we don't want a source of infection on our own doorstep.

I can think of others more deserving though.

4 hours ago, Aggy said:

Without particularly wanting to get embroiled in any discussion involving PM, what is the point you’re making here?

Is it that you like the list of the above things and think the government should have more powers of a dictatorship?

Or if your point is that you think the government already has powers of a dictatorship which go too far, how do you align that with the idea that the government should have removed any choice in whether people met up at Christmas and the individuals who chose to do so should take no blame?

which of Pauls false claims can I help you with? aggy. If you think that these powers to use criminals and hoodlums against all and sundry are the hall marks of a so called democratic society than I wish you and your children a happy life. I am not happy with the neoliberal parties cheer leading for torture and murder, no need to talk about Christmas or Easter.

20 minutes ago, Herman said:

As the contracts were signed before we officially left the EU I feel the only fair way is if we shared any made in the UK with our friends in Europe. I am sure some of our concerned citizens will understand.

Shouldn't need too many for that @Herman 😑

36 minutes ago, ricardo said:

We do because the Belgian minister was bragging about how much less than us they paid, thanks to the glorious EU bulk buying power.

We undoubtedly paid more but then price shouldn't have been a concern in the present circumstances.

Yes, but she retracted that as it didn't show the final price.  Later estimates put the EU price for Pfizer at 96-97% of that paid by the US.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have paid a lot more than the EU or US but really I have no idea

Its not massively important as individual prices say nothing about the price and speed of a campaign but I am interested.

Edited by Barbe bleu

16 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

which of Pauls false claims can I help you with? aggy. If you think that these powers to use criminals and hoodlums against all and sundry are the hall marks of a so called democratic society than I wish you and your children a happy life. I am not happy with the neoliberal parties cheer leading for torture and murder, no need to talk about Christmas or Easter.

Nothing to do with Paul. I just asked what point you were making.

Presumably, based on your response here, you would agree that the people to blame for anyone catching covid as a result of meeting up over Christmas are the people themselves (not the government)?

13 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Shouldn't need too many for that @Herman 😑

Don't you go down the same road as Ricardo and Moy. It's a dark place. 

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

Will any Pfizer be going to the Republic of Ireland?

Will it f£&@ it will all end up in Germany and France. They are in it for themselves.

2 hours ago, paul moy said:

Indeed Ricardo, I referred to that exact point also last week.   The EU put money and its own state control above its own people's lives and those EU backers criticised us for putting lives before money.  

The media at last is starting to criticise the EU .......     a scathing article here :

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/1390792/eu-news-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-novavax-ursula-von-der-leyen-uk-vaccine-rollout

Lol..............much as I don't like to get involved in these politics, the Express is hardly known for it's unbiased view of the EU. The Guardian is, of course, the opposite.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Imagine still supporting the EU, even now.

snatching vaccines out of old and vulnerable UK peoples arms because they messed up their procurement because as an entity they are USELESS. 

This is going to end the EU. Other countries will leave because of this catalyst. It’s over soft lad.

What a load of old twaddle, they ordered the vaccines months ago and had agreements in place with AZ, AZ have failed to deliver, nothing to do with supporting anyone......

I think you’d be the first sounding off had that been Pfizer short changed their delivery to the UK!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

What a load of old twaddle, they ordered the vaccines months ago and had agreements in place with AZ, AZ have failed to deliver, nothing to do with supporting anyone......

I think you’d be the first sounding off had that been Pfizer short changed their delivery to the UK!

They did but we didnt lose our minds and lash out at everyone else.

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

So you don’t support the EU now. Seems like remainers are dropping the EU like a bad habit all over the place. They only approved the vaccine today, ordered it months after the UK and are currently using Russian style misinformation tactics to devalue the AstraZeneca vaccine. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Yes, but she retracted that as it didn't show the final price.  Later estimates put the EU price for Pfizer at 96-97% of that paid by the US.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have paid a lot more than the EU or US but really I have no idea

BB - it said somewhere that the EU got 45% discount off AZ (compared to us). AZ is favoured simply because it is the cheapest for lots of not too wealthy countries - oddly that's why the EU went all in together so their smaller members enjoyed the same benefits as their larger members. A point lost on here. I think Moderna is the most expensive.

Yes they are showing their teeth. It's cold outside.

Edited by Yellow Fever

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

So you don’t support the EU now. Seems like remainers are dropping the EU like a bad habit all over the place. They only approved the vaccine today, ordered it months after the UK and are currently using Russian style misinformation tactics to devalue the AstraZeneca vaccine. 

Again a load of old British twaddle, funny how our government is keeping very quiet! It’s a contractual argument on delivery nothing to do with when the emergency approval, if AZ or anyone couldn’t deliver the numbers then they shouldn’t have taken the vast amount of money up front and agreed to the delivery quantities!

Edited by Indy

Just now, Indy said:

Again a load of old British twaddle, funny how our government is keeping very quiet! It’s a contractual argument on delivery nothing to do with when the emergency approval, if AZ or anyone couldn’t deliver the numbers then they shouldn’t have taken the vast amount of money up front and agreed to it!

Why would our government say anything with the EU scoring so many own goals lol think about it.

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Why would our government say anything with the EU scoring so many own goals lol think about it.

Think about what, our bumbling 🔔 end was too busy scoring another own goal by decided to break the rules traveling to Scotland! 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

Think about what, our bumbling 🔔 end was too busy scoring another own goal by decided to break the rules traveling to Scotland! 

Oh yeah, that’s top story right now not the EU looking like the Godfather part II lol

its over mate, they were always going to shoot themselves like this.

15 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

BB - it sad somewhere that the EU got 45% discount off AZ (compared to us). AZ is favoured simply because it is the cheapest for lots of not too wealthy countries - oddly that's why the EU went all in together so their smaller members enjoyed the same benefits as their larger members. A point lost on here. I think Moderna is the most expensive.

Yes they are showing their teeth. It's cold outside.

I think the 45% figure was from a guardian article that compared EU to US but was based on the incomplete and retracted figures from Belgium.

Doesn't matter really, I doubt  we'll really know until its all long forgotten. 

Let's hope these EU based AZ manufactures sort themselves out soon so thar we can all move on from this whole regrettable episode.

Thank God Boris got us out and had the foresight to not join the EU group purchasing scheme. The bullying attitude of the EU panjandrums attempting to cover their incompetant ar$e$ just goes to show how they view life. Apparently some  idiot over there is saying the UK is trying to start a vaccine war. What a risible comment!

2 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Thank God Boris got us out and had the foresight to not join the EU group purchasing scheme. The bullying attitude of the EU panjandrums attempting to cover their incompetant ar$e$ just goes to show how they view life. Apparently some  idiot over there is saying the UK is trying to start a vaccine war. What a risible comment!

It's always the fault of those being bullied.

4 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Now I don’t know much about this but I happened to have radio 5 on on the way back. There were Unionists on there going mad saying Johnson said it would be really difficult to trigger section 16 yet it turns out the EU can do it seconds. I didn’t understand it all, but they didn’t sound happy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Possibly the first signs of the vaccine effect with the elderly rate falling off sharply.

image.png.c8dc1a6e8580729ccf08ddd472ab1434.png

Hopefully the beginning of data showing the effect of the vaccine. 
There is a Zoe Webinar next week which is free, Tim Spectre is going to be analysing the data that they have on vaccination and infection rates. Details below.

image.png

Edited by Van wink

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Now I don’t know much about this but I happened to have radio 5 on on the way back. There were Unionists on there going mad saying Johnson said it would be really difficult to trigger section 16 yet it turns out the EU can do it seconds. I didn’t understand it all, but they didn’t sound happy.

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2021/01/11/article-16-of-the-ireland-northern-ireland-protocol-offers-no-quick-fix/

it’s pretty much introducing a border between Northern Ireland and the Rupublic