Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

11 hours ago, Van wink said:

Maybe the same one that briefed the press that AZ was only 8% effective in over 65’s.

Oddly Macron seems to have been taken in by that one as well.

I doubt if I am alone in not being shocked by anything the French say.

Macron knows his audience, Brit bashing won't  lose him any votes.

Edited by ricardo
Spelling

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Macron knows his audiance, Brit bashing won't  lose him any votes.

His approval ratings in France make Boris Johnson look like Mother Theresa

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Macron knows his audiance, Brit bashing won't  lose him any votes.

Thing is Article 16 was triggered by an emergency order, surely that isn’t done without high level consultation.

Having checked that it seems that it can, as an emergency order it doesn’t require full consultation.

Edited by Van wink

Haha..... yet another success for Boris. I bet he got his new irish mate Biden to phone them !! 🤣🤗

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

I see calmer heads are starting to prevail after all. Now let's find some practical solutions to the AZ fiasco.

Step 1) Haircut resigns 

627BB079-80DB-4CB5-869F-5E91D7445572.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I see calmer heads are starting to prevail after all. Now let's find some practical solutions to the AZ fiasco.

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

Yes. Statement just made

Not triggering safe guard clause.

Not the EUs finest hour (or two) but unlike others it's positive that they can admit a mistake.

Now let try and resolve the underlying issue. 

• Like 1

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

Yes. Statement just made

Not the EUs finest hour (or two) but unlike others it's positive that they can admit a mistake.

1FB152EA-DCD3-491F-ADEE-BF87399D2D8C.jpeg.5940be1fc064d832e8f79c8ecced07bc.jpeg

21 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

1FB152EA-DCD3-491F-ADEE-BF87399D2D8C.jpeg.5940be1fc064d832e8f79c8ecced07bc.jpeg

Whay does COPE mean Buh? I assume it's not meant to be complimentary but I think it's a way you self-identify in your tribe as thick, unable to look round a problem. Dont worry. I ignore you normally but I was just curious. 

28 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes. Statement just made

Definitely need to find a solution and maybe and I hope we can help them out at some point.

As for the “mistake” ...........it’s an absolute disaster!!  Accidentally pressed the red button.

4 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Definitely need to find a solution and maybe and I hope we can help them out at some point.

As for the “mistake” ...........it’s an absolute disaster!!  Accidentally pressed the red button.

I agree. Whoever made that mistake should resign.even if its UVL.

There are ways to help I'm sure. Its a mess of AZs making (or a gamble). Just need to remove the politics from it. 

8 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I wouldn’t worry to much it will all be sorted in a couple of months as the major Countries have on order more vaccines than they will ever need, it will just take those couple of months to start mass production. India are the experts and they are getting it out by the bucket load, I believe 8000 a minute is their latest figure.

12 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I wouldn’t worry to much it will all be sorted in a couple of months as the major Countries have on order more vaccines than they will ever need, it will just take those couple of months to start mass production. India are the experts and they are getting it out by the bucket load, I believe 8000 a minute is their latest figure.

Agree with that. Just need to get through to April. Be a little creative and be seen to be helpful.

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

Any elected government pulling this schtick would start to see heads rolling by now.

Absolutely. As evidenced by all the resignations and sackings we've seen from the UK cabinet.

I, for one, am glad that those found to be dangerously incompetent and corrupt have been held accountable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Van wink said:

Emmanuel Macron claimed that the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine was "quasi-ineffective" for over-65s, just hours before it was approved for use on all adults in the EU.

In a press briefing in Paris on Friday afternoon, the French president said the jab “doesn't work the way we were expecting to”.

He also appeared to criticise the UK’s vaccine rollout strategy, which has so far resulted in more people being given a first dose than any other European country.

Mr Macron said: “The goal is not to have the biggest number of first injections ... When you have all the medical agencies and the industrialists who say you need two injections for it to work, a maximum of 28 days apart, which is the case with Pfizer/BioNTech; and you have countries whose vaccine strategy is to only administer one jab, I’m not sure that it’s very serious.”

I read that France were considering a similar strategy so they are total hypocrites.  Envy is an awful thing.

8 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I somehow think its the other way round Ricardo. The overwhelming joy that the EU has become embroiled in this by some posters is nothing to do with Brexit and everyone knows it. Germany is sourcing a vaccine within Germany so it has nothing to do with being part of a Union.

There is a perfectly good point scoring, mudslinging, Brexit thread. 

This one is about Covid in this country. And congratulations to the Government for the job they are doing with the vaccine.

But lets not send Boris a dozen roses while we remember he has plenty of dead souls on his hands.

You are vulnerable and it could have been you or Shrimper.

The champagne can flow when we are done with it. And then the public whitewash, sorry, Inquiry can take place.

We've been told for years how the UK is irrelevant and will not be able to stand alone and will fail without EU nannying.

We stood up for ourselves and said that we will do fine and thrive against all the remoaner naysayers and project fear scaremongering.

No apologies from me for my satisfaction in others now seeing how dreadful the EUSSR is and how it bullies so-called smaller nations.

So so glad we left....... the bullies hate us for our rapid vaccine success and bring deserved contempt on themselves from the rest of the world. 

This ia all a fantastic 'advert for Brexit' as one MEP said last week !!  

7 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Just imagine if the EU had an army.......

6 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes. Statement just made

.. and back down to EU bullying ?   Boris will be thrown out if he does.

6 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

There are ways to help I'm sure. Its a mess of AZs making (or a gamble). Just need to remove the politics from it. 

WOW... so you blame AZ and still do not acknowledge that the EU were late to the party and should wait their turn.

4 hours ago, kirku said:

Absolutely. As evidenced by all the resignations and sackings we've seen from the UK cabinet.

I, for one, am glad that those found to be dangerously incompetent and corrupt have been held accountable.

This. 

If these people held their own government to account we may not have over 100 thousand British deaths, the highest death rate in the world and the worst performing economy. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Whay does COPE mean Buh? I assume it's not meant to be complimentary but I think it's a way you self-identify in your tribe as thick, unable to look round a problem. Dont worry. I ignore you normally but I was just curious. 

It means you’re coping with the EU and your whole ideology crumbling around you 

Edited by The Real Buh

8 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

You could always vote her ou....

...oh... yeah...

10 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Must admit I was pleasantly surprised at how well our vaccine procurement had gone when our portfolio was initially announced last year. That was even when people were sniping at Hancock and co for not having an moderna ordered.

Much of the pandemic handling has been an absolute shambles with some sprinklings of good (furlough in early and a reasonable amount, encouragement of low risk outdoor activities etc.). I will never forgive their early lax response to this after it was clear what was going on in Italy and then we repeated it by keeping London in tier 2 for weeks while we let the  variant spread.

I was against Brexit and still am against brexit, but the problem wasn't ever really leaving the EU, it was more the slapdash, xenophobic driven, mystery box way it was all being sold and the blatant lies and deception from the leave campaign who admittedly did a better job than the complacent remain campaign who basically put their faith in "common sense".

As we know in football, you can be the best side in the world coming up against a proper big Sam brexit ball side but if you don't take their threat and will to win seriously enough, you're going to get burnt.

I have many friends that are from EU countries and enjoy regular trips to these countries and very much enjoy the culture and change of scenery and very much hope we can continue to do these things.

As with many things, it's never about the day to day people who want to just get on with their lives, it's always about the rich, powerful old white men at the top of the tree and its to my distain that both sides have contributed to this relationship breaking down.

I have laid a lot of blame rightfully so to our own old white men like Johnson and Farage and co however, the last week has really shown what the EU add to this disgusting power struggle. Macrons comments today are some of the worst I have ever heard from a leader of a developed western nation and could end up costing the lives of many people, not just in his own country. Germanys approach to its convoluted approval is astonishing as well, especially while they moan about not having enough of their agreed AZ/Oxford allocation.

I hope with the 3 recent additions to the vaccine portfolio that this sorts itself out somewhat by summer but i had desperately hoped that the 1 thing that us in the west wouldn't screw up would be rolling out the vaccine. I'm just glad that in UK we seem to be doing great so far! Whilst Sarah Gilbert and co remain the proper heroes, it looks like Kate Bingham and co deserve some credit in all this.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly..............

8 hours ago, Van wink said:

I think we can all agree that it was a **** move by the Commission. Finally something that can unite the camps and as YF points out it was quickly rectified rather than the hole being dug deeper. Now we just need to find a solution so the vaccines can flow properly without politicians ballsing things up.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

I think we can all agree that it was a **** move by the Commission. Finally something that can unite the camps and as YF points out it was quickly rectified rather than the hole being dug deeper. Now we just need to find a solution so the vaccines can flow properly without politicians ballsing things up.

When poorer EU nations still haven’t got the vaccine in serious quantity’s in the coming months and Germany’s gone it alone and inoculated loads that’s when things will really heat up. 

1 hour ago, Herman said:

This. 

If these people held their own government to account we may not have over 100 thousand British deaths, the highest death rate in the world and the worst performing economy. 

The EU has more deaths than the USA, and is rapidly approaching 500,000 ..... I trust you will be so quick to criticise their milestone when they reach it.  They also calculate differently to us so could be over that figure already.

Edited by paul moy

Seems some idiots on here want to treat the EU as if it is one country and not an organisation of of 27 individual severiegn nations. Yep! some people really are that thick.

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Seems some idiots on here want to treat the EU as if it is one country and not an organisation of of 27 individual severiegn nations. Yep! some people really are that thick.

I think some of those 27 nations are having a long, hard think about the EU right now.