Jump to content
Midlands Yellow

What constitutes a good breakfast

Recommended Posts

I’m guessing with the average age on here then a quality kipper may suffice but what if they are in short supply ? Any croissant and granola fans or do people still like a full English especially at the weekend ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had boiled eggs and soldiers this morning. Can’t beat a full English though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't eat eggs which can make a healthy but satisfying breakfast pretty hard to come by.

Eating a lot of porridge right now in an attempt to be more healthy- my work cafe basically serves a full fry up every morning so it is tough to avoid piling on a few pounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

I had boiled eggs and soldiers this morning. Can’t beat a full English though. 

4 minute boil and free range eggs ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

4 minute boil and free range eggs ? 

Free range gotta be 5 mins, white firm but not rubbery, yellow runny but not watery. I once had a chcken that laid an eight ounce egg, 1/4  ounce under the then British record. Poor hen! Must have been like giving birth to Jobsworth!  

Start with home made live natural yoghurt with fruit , followed by Full Irish for me ,Bacon, sausage, black and white pudding....all made just down the road. Free range eggs, beans(heinz, natch) , fried spud.Grilled Toms. Tea. Followed by toast and marmalade, Guatemalan coffee,( cortado). Then, if I have room, a 'waffer thin mint'. 

I love  food and tend not to eat much other than food.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Free range gotta be 5 mins, white firm but not rubbery, yellow runny but not watery. I once had a chcken that laid an eight ounce egg, 1/4  ounce under the then British record. Poor hen! Must have been like giving birth to Jobsworth!  

Start with home made live natural yoghurt with fruit , followed by Full Irish for me ,Bacon, sausage, black and white pudding....all made just down the road. Free range eggs, beans(heinz, natch) , fried spud.Grilled Toms. Tea. Followed by toast and marmalade, Guatemalan coffee,( cortado). Then, if I have room, a 'waffer thin mint'. 

I love  food and tend not to eat much other than food.

“I love  food and tend not to eat much other than food.

I ate some daffodil bulbs last week mistaking them for onions. In hospital atm with food poising, I’ll be out in the spring!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Home made muesli - oats, sliced up almonds, dates pieces, pumpkin seeds, walnut pieces - adding other stuff sometimes, sunflower seeds, maybe chia seeds, brazil nut pieces etc. Top with blueberries or other berries.  Delicious and cheaper than buying ready made expensive muesli - and you know what is in it.  Doesn't take much effort to make either, just fill a big jar of it once a week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't eat the meats, so I'm happy enough with porridge.

Or perhaps some crumpets... Bosh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to lower my blood pressure so I’m eating porridge with fruit for breakfast at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

4 minute boil and free range eggs ? 

Free range and 4 minutes 20. 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Van wink said:

“I love  food and tend not to eat much other than food.

I ate some daffodil bulbs last week mistaking them for onions. In hospital atm with food poising, I’ll be out in the spring!

That is terrible! Can’t wait to tell it to a work colleague who prides himself on his awful jokes. 😂

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Home made muesli - oats, sliced up almonds, dates pieces, pumpkin seeds, walnut pieces - adding other stuff sometimes, sunflower seeds, maybe chia seeds, brazil nut pieces etc. Top with blueberries or other berries.  Delicious and cheaper than buying ready made expensive muesli - and you know what is in it.  Doesn't take much effort to make either, just fill a big jar of it once a week.

Real men don't eat muesli......or quiche. 😉.For a real fortified brekkie, esp when hunting or fishing make porridge from a muesli base and add whatever nuts/fruit that you have . .....it lasts ages in your guts as nuts are slowly digested, if the hunt is successful, then it may well be fresh Venison liver, pan fied on an open fire for brunch(small bag of seasoned flour in knapsack)......hard to beat and sets you up well for dragging the carcass back to your transport.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m guessing with the average age on here then a quality kipper may suffice but what if they are in short supply ? Any croissant and granola fans or do people still like a full English especially at the weekend ? 

Plain live yoghurt, wholemeal oats and a banana all mixed up - looked disgusting but tastes ok and filling. I also hope that it's healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Home made muesli - oats, sliced up almonds, dates pieces, pumpkin seeds, walnut pieces - adding other stuff sometimes, sunflower seeds, maybe chia seeds, brazil nut pieces etc. Top with blueberries or other berries.  Delicious and cheaper than buying ready made expensive muesli - and you know what is in it.  Doesn't take much effort to make either, just fill a big jar of it once a week.

I just had toast. But I grew my own wheat, built my own watermill, then found the last remaining dragon in nearby Wales to toast the bread. Worth it, mind.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Home made muesli - oats, sliced up almonds, dates pieces, pumpkin seeds, walnut pieces - adding other stuff sometimes, sunflower seeds, maybe chia seeds, brazil nut pieces etc. Top with blueberries or other berries.  Delicious and cheaper than buying ready made expensive muesli - and you know what is in it.  Doesn't take much effort to make either, just fill a big jar of it once a week.

I would presume a fry up or bacon sandwich would need planning a good year in advance in your household having read this!? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a diet as we have booked in for a Half Marathon in June. 9 pounds gone already. So its Porridge and Yoghurt with a Banana. What I would give for one of Mrs KG's meat, tatie, turnip pies right now.

Strange thing is, when I put on weight, I never eat breakfast. Must have something to start the mechanics of the body. I was a coffee and three roll ups when I smoked a long time ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, JF said:

I would presume a fry up or bacon sandwich would need planning a good year in advance in your household having read this!? 

:classic_cool: Takes all of five minutes to mix all the stuff into a large bowl then put into a big jar, not a big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

With this and the Phillip Scofield thread, you are most definitely pushing the boundaries of a forum specifically for football chat, Midlands

Yep, he's quite the Outlaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

With this and the Phillip Scofield thread, you are most definitely pushing the boundaries of a forum specifically for football chat, Midlands

I'm surprised it's taken this long to be noticed, frankly.

Window recommendations, Scofield, breakfast... Blatantly and purposefully posting any old cr@p on the football forum.

All fishing, hoping for a bite from someone who can be labelled 'forum police' and come in for a torrent of their apparent 'wit'. They just love the attention.

People aren't really bothering with their actual posts anymore, because nothing they say is a shock, just 'oh, its Midlands again, move along'. It's a transparent, dull new form of trolling.

Do not feed the troll, in the case of this thread I wish that could be literal.

Edited by Flying Dutchman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, its us silly beggars fault for responding.

A bit of humour is good. Look how many posts descend into abuse.

 

 

I'm waiting for the proper response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

I'm surprised it's taken this long to be noticed, frankly.

Window recommendations, Scofield, breakfast... Blatantly and purposefully posting any old cr@p on the football forum.

All fishing, hoping for a bite from someone who can be labelled 'forum police' and come in for a torrent of their apparent 'wit'. They just love the attention.

People aren't really bothering with their actual posts anymore, because nothing they say is a shock, just 'oh, its Midlands again, move along'. It's a transparent, dull new form of trolling.

Do not feed the troll, in the case of this thread I wish that could be literal.

You can tell that were not playing this weekend judging by the non football topics that were posting on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...