Midlands Yellow

What constitutes a good breakfast

41 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

I'm surprised it's taken this long to be noticed, frankly.

Window recommendations, Scofield, breakfast... Blatantly and purposefully posting any old cr@p on the football forum.

All fishing, hoping for a bite from someone who can be labelled 'forum police' and come in for a torrent of their apparent 'wit'. They just love the attention.

People aren't really bothering with their actual posts anymore, because nothing they say is a shock, just 'oh, its Midlands again, move along'. It's a transparent, dull new form of trolling.

Do not feed the troll, in the case of this thread I wish that could be literal.

A cornflakes man I’m guessing ? 

18 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

You can tell that were not playing this weekend judging by the posts started by Midlands that were posting on.

Fixed that for you.

porridge,  Monday to Friday

waffle with raspberries or blueberries and creme fraiche, Saturday

bacon with sandwich thins and brown sauce or bacon with scrambled eggs,  Sunday

pomegranate juice and Nespresso double shot espresso latte every day.

19 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

me or the bats?

The bats, you are obviously a  carnivore  as you had bats for breakfast. 

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

The bats, you are obviously a  carnivore  as you had bats for breakfast. 

wait a minute, I'll check the label

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Home made muesli - oats, sliced up almonds, dates pieces, pumpkin seeds, walnut pieces - adding other stuff sometimes, sunflower seeds, maybe chia seeds, brazil nut pieces etc. Top with blueberries or other berries.  Delicious and cheaper than buying ready made expensive muesli - and you know what is in it.  Doesn't take much effort to make either, just fill a big jar of it once a week.

Cheaper ? Seriously ? The price of chia seeds Brazil nuts and blueberries alone knock a bag of Tesco Value out of the picture . Are you a millionaire eccentric ? 

50 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Cheaper ? Seriously ? The price of chia seeds Brazil nuts and blueberries alone knock a bag of Tesco Value out of the picture . Are you a millionaire eccentric ? 

No just eccentric.

• Haha 2

Look how popular the odd non footy thread is in amongst the masses. And advertising for the other board.

Mackerel on buttered toast with salt and pepper grinded over it. Black coffee and some plums.

I’ve re-read this thread three times and I’m still not sure if I’m missing some sort of inside joke, or if it is just a thread about breakfast.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KiwiScot said:

Look how popular the odd non footy thread is in amongst the masses. And advertising for the other board.

Mackerel on buttered toast with salt and pepper grinded over it. Black coffee and some plums.

Sounds nice. Mackerel  arriving later every year now, less of them and smaller too. Apparently  they have moved further north. More tuna appearing lately,  shifting times. 

18 hours ago, Flying Dutchman said:

I'm surprised it's taken this long to be noticed, frankly.

Window recommendations, Scofield, breakfast... Blatantly and purposefully posting any old cr@p on the football forum.

All fishing, hoping for a bite from someone who can be labelled 'forum police' and come in for a torrent of their apparent 'wit'. They just love the attention.

People aren't really bothering with their actual posts anymore, because nothing they say is a shock, just 'oh, its Midlands again, move along'. It's a transparent, dull new form of trolling.

Do not feed the troll, in the case of this thread I wish that could be literal.

Hmmm, maybe you are right.

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

No set breakfast for me so perm one from Granola, Weetabix, Ready Brek, Porridge, Shreddies, Weetabix, Full English (very rare), overnight oats, egg on toast, egg muffin, beans on toast and occasionally no breakfast......

You absolute mad lad

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Aggy said:

I’ve re-read this thread three times and I’m still not sure if I’m missing some sort of inside joke, or if it is just a thread about breakfast.

I replied on the basis that it was a thread about Breakfast. If it isn’t then I’m getting mugged off here. 🤨

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I replied on the basis that it was a thread about Breakfast. If it isn’t then I’m getting mugged off here. 🤨

It’s definitely about breakfast which is the most important meal of the day.

This morning, its two cups of coffee and watching our Camellia bush straining to return to upright during the storm. the thing is ready to open its buds and has to put up with 70mph gusts of wind.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

This morning, its two cups of coffee and watching our Camellia bush straining to return to upright during the storm. the thing is ready to open its buds and has to put up with 70mph gusts of wind.

Well all I can say is that our thoughts are with Camellia Bush . I hope she makes it KG. Is it lumbago?

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Haha 1

Half a samosa and a slice of vegan lime cake this morning. Basically whatever I could find in the kitchen.

Well all I can say is that our thoughts are with Camellia Bush . I hope she makes it KG. Is it lumbago?

To be fair, she has always been a bender

• Haha 1

On 07/02/2020 at 21:07, lake district canary said:

No just eccentric.

Ah 'Eccentric'......a polite term, for a raving loon....... 😉