Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

31 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Since Wagner's 2nd game, I felt compelled to play this a few times...

Took me ages to realise this was the tune to Farke’s On a Horse 😳

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Took me ages to realise this was the tune to Farke’s On a Horse 😳

I assumed everyone knew it was the tune. 

Of course the Farke on a Horse version is best, but this one is still a decent track.

The Transatlantic Sessions on BBC 4 have been a good watch. Good quality US, Anglo and Celtic folk music. 

On 25/01/2023 at 21:04, Daz Sparks said:

I assumed everyone knew it was the tune. 

Of course the Farke on a Horse version is best, but this one is still a decent track.

A combination of the tune being flattened out in our version and me having a problem sometimes recognising songs taken out of their usual context.

• Like 1

(Felt). FT. Liz fraser

Lawrence Hayward
Gary Ainge
Maurice Deebank
Martin Duffy
Marco Thomas
Mick Lloyd
Nick Gilbert

1979 - 1989

Edited by Mengo

Was listening to the R3 Composer of the Week this morning and this was the last thing played before the news. It reminded me of just how great it is even though it could be decades since I last heard it ("Summer" being the season and it is his interpretation of a summer storm...which I didn't know).

This performance live is as dramatic. Great stuff. Any Vivaldi fans?

• Like 2

On 29/01/2023 at 21:09, Mengo said:

(Felt). FT. Liz fraser

Lawrence Hayward
Gary Ainge
Maurice Deebank
Martin Duffy
Marco Thomas
Mick Lloyd
Nick Gilbert

1979 - 1989

Lawrence was on Marc Riley's show last week with Mozart Estate. Idiosyncratic is an appropriate term for him. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Herman said:

Lawrence was on Marc Riley's show last week with Mozart Estate. Idiosyncratic is an appropriate term for him. 

👍

I'm sure they must have been done to death, but I've only just discovered them as I refused to listen to any band with such a silly name. However ...                      I also dug a bit deeper & wow!!

Plus a couple of composers I'd not listened to much before. The Andante in Nielsen's 5th is just gorgeous

• Like 1

Used to sit in the Jacquard on Guildhall Hill, all smoking spliffs listening to this repetitively on the juke box at full volume. We were the beautiful people.

Edited by keelansgrandad

On 01/02/2023 at 14:44, sonyc said:

Was listening to the R3 Composer of the Week this morning and this was the last thing played before the news. It reminded me of just how great it is even though it could be decades since I last heard it ("Summer" being the season and it is his interpretation of a summer storm...which I didn't know).

This performance live is as dramatic. Great stuff. Any Vivaldi fans?

My mum used the Four Seasons as the music in an amateur production of the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe back in the 80s.

Thinking about it, she often favoured very violin-centric classical; the Bruch violin concerto was another one she loved.

• Like 1

On 01/02/2023 at 18:10, ron obvious said:

I'm sure they must have been done to death, but I've only just discovered them as I refused to listen to any band with such a silly name. However ...                      I also dug a bit deeper & wow!!

Some nice stuff I've not come across before there! Curious as to whether you've come across this girl and what you think?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Some nice stuff I've not come across before there! Curious as to whether you've come across this girl and what you think?

No, not heard her before. Very pleasant but not really my cup of tea. Voices are such a personal thing though & so difficult to predict how you'll react to them, even ones which sound really similar.

I think I may have posted this before, but these ladies knock my socks off

• Like 2

The whole soundtrack was great. Quite low key and mainly piano based rather than John Williams usual orchestral style. Decent film as well. 

RIP Burt Bacharach. We went to see him four or five years ago. A tiny old man tottered across the stage to a grand piano and proceeded to deliver pop history for the next 90 minutes. Floored me. 

So many great songs, but this has to be the GOAT.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

RIP Burt Bacharach. We went to see him four or five years ago. A tiny old man tottered across the stage to a grand piano and proceeded to deliver pop history for the next 90 minutes. Floored me. 

So many great songs, but this has to be the GOAT.

So many yes! Agree on your choice too. This one below is a song I always remember from being really young. Loved the laconic style and though Herb was the epitome of "cool"😂... Love the cheesy intro too.