Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

Even punks appreciated Burt. (Burt Backache, as my mate Phil from Straighten Out used to call him).

• Like 3

Georgia Mann yesterday, "And now on Radio 3 we have some Scheidt. Samuel Scheidt that is."😀

• Haha 1

Possibly the greatest fictional band of all time? The blues brothers did too many actual gigs to count. 

Dr teeth and the electric mayhem? Amazing name too! I wouldn't be a drummer if it wasn't for animal. Hopefully Disney won't mess up the series about them that's coming out soon.

• Like 1

The bike is in a Coffee Shop in Hampshire …. Flight Centre! All Inclusive bucket and spade to Torremolinos   ?

Adult Harmony - Sex Shop - a step back in time….

• Like 1

On 16/02/2023 at 07:22, Herman said:

I finally get to see Mogwai.👍

My right ear is telling me it was loud. Marvelous noise.

• Like 1

Saw them at Glastonbury years ago. Got further and further away. They were quite loud!

I never really appreciated him as a guitarist until it was too late. Maybe my favourite solo of all time. 

I've not heard many Who covers I like. Probably as they were so good it's difficult to get that energy. This does it.

another great cover

Probably posted these before. I don't apologise for that tho. Theyre still awesome and worth hearing again.

Edited by The Raptor
  • Like 1

On 14/02/2023 at 18:13, keelansgrandad said:

Heard this on the radio recently and loved it but didn't catch the artist name- thanks for posting!

On 20/02/2023 at 10:21, king canary said:

Heard this on the radio recently and loved it but didn't catch the artist name- thanks for posting!

Lady Blackbird is the absolute best R&B at the moment - coming to Glynde Place 

Tickets already secured 

Steve Mackey. Pulp bassist died today. 56

Wayne Shorter. Legendary sax player too. 

Pulp were one of the first bands I saw many years ago. Seen them a few times over the years and they've always been awesome.

Welcome to jazz club....

The saxophone was the first instrument I learnt to play. My grandad was thrilled as it gave him a chance to play me his old jazz records. Always loved these tracks. 

Cheers for the tunes guys 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Raptor said:

Steve Mackey. Pulp bassist died today. 56

Wayne Shorter. Legendary sax player too. 

Pulp were one of the first bands I saw many years ago. Seen them a few times over the years and they've always been awesome.

Welcome to jazz club....

The saxophone was the first instrument I learnt to play. My grandad was thrilled as it gave him a chance to play me his old jazz records. Always loved these tracks. 

Cheers for the tunes guys 

Trying to play the alto saxophone at the moment. Birdland is a favourite. Stan Getz is probably my favourite as I loved his tonal qualities although if Charlie Parker had stayed off the heroin, we might have amuch better catalogue of his music to match his brilliance.

But the sax led me to also listen to and buy as well as see, BS&T, Chicago and bands of that ilk.