Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Grant Hanley

I can see this collapsing over personal terms. Would be an ideal signing for us at this junction.

Making Plans wrote the following post at 29/08/2017 4:28 PM:

Greavsy wrote:

although not sure we can move anymore the other way. ''

Were not Newcastle interested in Josh (as well as Jacob) a couple of months ago???????????????

That''s not what I meant MP, I meant we appear to moving in the correct direction, and things getting better, and implying we couldn''t go any lower.

[quote user="Ian"]I can see this collapsing over personal terms. Would be an ideal signing for us at this junction.[/quote]

I''m sceptical too. There''s no way we''re offering more than 15-20k a week, and I can''t see anyone willing to take a 50% pay cut. Especially when he has so long still to run on his contract.

I suppose the attempt at a transfer puts Webber in a better position with the fans, for now at least.

If/when the transfer falls through due to excessive wage demands, It conveniently supports Webber''s decision of trying to find better value abroad.

[quote user="Ian"]I can see this collapsing over personal terms. Would be an ideal signing for us at this junction.[/quote]It tends not to get this far, with a medical, unless the player knows roughly what are the wages on offer, and is not averse to them. For Hanley the attraction is that he must believe he will be an almost certain starter for us.

Wouldn''t be surprised to see Newcastle chipping in a few thousand a week for the remainder of his contract to get the deal through. Sounds like he is nowhere near the team and they really want him off the wage bill.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Ian"]I can see this collapsing over personal terms. Would be an ideal signing for us at this junction.[/quote]It tends not to get this far, with a medical, unless the player knows roughly what are the wages on offer, and is not averse to them. For Hanley the attraction is that he must believe he will be an almost certain starter for us.[/quote]Seeing as though Hanley is mates with Martin & Naismith perhaps they are going to chip in with some of their wages seeing as how both of them are grossly overpaid for what they contribute

I''m guessing if we can get him cheap enough as in transfer fee, as in Newcastle having to offload, as in 1.5/2 million... maybe we could afford 30k per week???

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Ian"]I can see this collapsing over personal terms. Would be an ideal signing for us at this junction.[/quote]For Hanley the attraction is that he must believe he will be an almost certain starter for us.[/quote]And potentially club captain [Y]

Newcastle are in the PL so will have to nominate their 25 man squad. If Hanley is not part of that squad then what can NUFC do ? Pay his wages to sit in the reserves ? Or maybe sell or loan him out for whatever they can get to cut down the cost. The best scenario would be to loan him out, save some money on wages and let both clubs see where they are next May.

Decent player, just because he had a rough time at Newcastle doesn''t make him ''bad'' (it''s astonishing how many players haven''t lived up to expectation there) and he''d come here with a point to prove.

Definite panic buy... not that great a player.

This from The Mag (supporters website) after the recent cup tie with Forest.

Not many players enhanced their reputations but Hanley was easily the worst player on the pitch, looking more like he had been on a month’s all inclusive holiday than pre-season training, he put in a dismal display as he puffed and panted chasing shadows of a Forest team who had made six changes themselves.

Fingers crossed on this one and best of luck to Norwich…

We have gone for him as we are broke & can use the Jacob deal as a bargaining chip. I hope it works out... doubt it...

Really desperate stuff...

F**k me, will any of the miserablists be happy unless we sign the likes of Kompany, Ramos or Luiz???The last 2 weeks have been full of whines about ''lower level german imports'' and suchlike (as well as the usual Martin bashing), with demands for ''proven Championship defenders'', then when we''re linked with one with over 150 games at this level (as well as 23 in the Prem), that''s suddenly not good enough either.Will you lot of negative nancy''s, please make your f**king minds up, because at the minute it appears that almost anyone we sign is going to get slated before even kicking a ball (and definitely within a couple of games of them having done so), and it''s just pathetic behaviour tbh.

Klose to WBA ?

once they sell Evans for a jaw dropping 25 mil plus i am sure they will enquiry about Klose

Tony pulis has been a fan of klose in the past

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]F**k me, will any of the miserablists be happy unless we sign the likes of Kompany, Ramos or Luiz???The last 2 weeks have been full of whines about ''lower level german imports'' and suchlike (as well as the usual Martin bashing), with demands for ''proven Championship defenders'', then when we''re linked with one with over 150 games at this level (as well as 23 in the Prem), that''s suddenly not good enough either.Will you lot of negative nancy''s, please make your f**king minds up, because at the minute it appears that almost anyone we sign is going to get slated before even kicking a ball (and definitely within a couple of games of them having done so), and it''s just pathetic behaviour tbh.[/quote]Kompany is too injury prone, Ramos is a red card waiting to happen and Luiz is worse than Bassong for embarrassing faux pas.In all seriousness, though, top post [Y]

@norfolkngood

its not an outrageous suggestion, and if the Evans deal goes through we should be able to name our price for Klose, certainly 10million+

This could then be used to get in a LB & another CB/RB as cover

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]if the Evans deal goes through we should be able to name our price for Klose, certainly 10million+

This could then be used to get in a LB & another CB/RB as cover[/quote]Any chance you can suggest a couple of names RB, because I''m pretty damn certain that within minutes, whoever you''ve listed will be deemed as not good enough and a move of pure desperation...regardless of their pedigree, playing ability or current club...

In this market £25m for Evans is a very good deal for the buyer.

i imagine klose and hanley wages will be around the same ( once signed ) so we are basically swapping them and getting 10 mil for klose

so club would be 6 / 7 mil better off

Who''s going to buy sick-note Klose? Hardly improved his reputation last season did he? Or am I missing a deal here?