Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Middlesborough Match Thread

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]One for the stattos, when was the last time we kept 5 consecutive clean sheets in the league?

It must be pre Martin 😊[/quote]
Not sure on that one but just seen a tweet about this (and am stealing the hashtag) - last league win at Middlesborough was 1988.... Our goalkeeper was...? #SonOfAGunn

[quote user="lincoln canary and Golden Coppel"]Great result.

And a touch of class from Howson at the end too. Nice to see.[/quote]
Yeah, in light of that, I take back my F**K off Howson.

[quote user="hogesar"]The answer Crafty is never, I think.

Top top workrate and performance overall.[/quote]
You''re quite right actually Hoge - first time we''ve done that since joining the league in 1920.

kick it off wrote the following post at 26/09/2017 9:56 PM:

lincoln canary and Golden Coppel wrote:

Great result. And a touch of class from Howson at the end too. Nice to see.

What did Howson do? Missed that bit.

Love it! Really needed this. Thanks City! Loving this young, passionate team more and more gamy by game. We score, we don''t score, we''re unlucky/lucky whatever. We have a team that does the club proud!

Brilliant stuff! :D Glad I didn''t bet against them out of spite for life :P

Still very early but it might be the result that gets looked back on at the end of the season. I could only bear to check the score occasionally and kept wondering if it was gong to be a repeat of the Newcastle game, going into added ahead and managing to lose. But we seem to have a coach who understands Ricardo''s Law, that you have to be able to win 1-0 in the Championship.

[quote user="spindrift"]Massive win. Table looks healthier.[/quote]

Few teams on a run. Fulham and Villa have their act together, whilst Preston and Bristol City continue to surprise.

Imperative we put this little run toghter. Hopefully we can find away to be a touch more expressive and find our goal scoring fluency, particularly at home.

Watkins and Wildshut, been wanting them to start together for ages. I think they should have a decent run now.

[quote user="Yellowfuture"]kick it off wrote the following post at 26/09/2017 9:56 PM:

lincoln canary and Golden Coppel wrote:

Great result. And a touch of class from Howson at the end too. Nice to see.

What did Howson do? Missed that bit.[/quote]

Stayed out to applaud the city fans.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]Just saw the Sky highlights - If Middlesborough could head the ball, they''d have had three or four. Made it easy for Gunn.[/quote]So the fact that they didn''t is down to their incompetence and not our good defending making it difficult?

Great stuff - still for the life of me can''t work out why we had to go all that way with Sunderland coming all the way down to play the binnen in the same night, but who cares if we win....and 5 clean sheets in a row from Norwich is something I never thought I''d see!

kick it off wrote the following post at 26/09/2017 9:58 PM:

hogesar wrote:

The answer Crafty is never, I think. Top top workrate and performance overall.

You''re quite right actually Hoge - first time we''ve done that since joining the league in 1920.

That''s fantastic, Farke achieves a new club record only 10 games into his reign. What odds would we have got on that after conceeding 12 goals in the first 5 games.

A great boost for team confidence and a possible turning point for the club.Just what we needed after a couple of missed opportunities at home.The future is looking brighter

An outstanding result and a truly resolute performance! These are the games that unite a squad, lift the fans and help to generate momentum. 5 shut-outs in a row is hugely impressive. Glass is more than half-full tonight! Well done to the lads

Really chuffed tonight 😀. Still a way to go getting forward but got to be the result of the season so far. We have come such a long way in the last few weeks. Huge credit to Farke

It''s lovely to talk about successive, gritty 1-0 away wins, and also finding a potential diamond (Trybull) for a pittance.

Those sort of things seem to have escaped my memory, supporting City, for quite some time

I''n my experience, especially from sharing Wembley with them the Middlesbrough fans are class. If anyone''s paid any attention to my pervious posts I tend to enjoy slagging off other teams for petty reasons but I like their club.

We time wasted and spoiled again for all we were worth tonight. How many of our players got coins thrown at them? How many fans have been hospitalised? Did Garry Monk run into our technical area and boot over our equipment? No? Hmm, it''s almost like holding onto a lead doesn''t warrant disrespectful and violent behaviour!

Well done to all who traveled as well, did us proud tonight, stream didn''t have any commentary so you came through loud and clear! Great effort