Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Middlesborough Match Thread

Those who made out Husband couldnt play football certainly jumped to conclusions. Not looking forward to him proving me wrong but nice and solid again so far tonight.

I think we looked fairly steady at the back that half and only the odd scare.

Up front is a bit of a problem. I think Cam has to realise that no-one is going to be rushing past for flick ons etc and he might be better just holding it up.

If Oliveira can be risked I would put him on no later than 60 minutes. I think we have the talent there to get a second if a chance comes.

Does anybodys Ifollow keep buffering?

Several times that half I had to keep hitting the Match Live button.

KG - I can''t watch on WiFi. Buffers conrstantly. Plugged into my router it is perfect though so might be worth trying that.

Awful miss from Cam. Hate to say it but I think he''s past it.

Cam.past it?!?! Hes had a very good game so far as the lone striker. Created space for Maddison and held the ball up well.

Agree with Husband nice and solid tonight. Not quite sure where you''re getting ''again'' from though Hoge, unless you''re counting a couple of minute sub cameos?

I wrote him off as he was abysmal. Can only comment on what I see and what I saw was some of the worst performances in a city shirt I have ever seen and several goals he cost us. Will take more than 1 game where he''s done ok to convince me he is starting quality but tonight is a good start so far.

I''m not disputing he works hard and ploughed the lone furrow well, but hes had several good opportunities this season and fluffed them all except the wrongly disallowed header. As a striker he should be scoring 1 vs 1s when he has a favourable angle.

Yeah but Oliviera has missed some very good chances too. Although you would back Oliviera more than Jerome in a one on one. But to say he''s past it is a little OTT when his all round game has been as good as it ever has been tonight really. I doubt the Boro defenders will feel they''ve had it easy.

Husband, i said again because im sure he had a good game in the cup last week?

You are right about Klose. Too casual some times. Concentration is paramount as a defender.

Howson finally gets a yellow after kicking Maddison up the khyber.

I know Westcoast.

Can you imagine if it was Martin who''d aimlessly passed the ball straight to them? There would be 8 threads already..

[quote user="kick it off"]I hope we cynically waste the entire game in the most pathetic fashion now, like they did to us at Carrow Road in Wembley season.[/quote]

It''s a shame "Stay down Dimi" Konstantopolous isn''t on the pitch.

Be fun comparing how quickly he can really move in comparison to that shameful night.😀

Also KIO i was away for the first two home games so I didnt see Husbands performances then, not in their entirety anyway. So I probably rate him a bit more tjan most haha!

Scum attendance just been announced... 14,900 with 800 coming from Sunderland. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Bit scrappy at the moment but I guess DF is happy about that.

[quote user="hogesar"]I know Westcoast.

Can you imagine if it was Martin who''d aimlessly passed the ball straight to them? There would be 8 threads already..[/quote]Remind me - how many clean sheets did we have when Martin was in the team?

I think Maddison has been immense tonight. Not stopped running and looking to boss the game.