Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Official Statement released!

Get the impression they would rather have waited to put out this announcement until the sporting director had been appointed, but Ed had said "next week" and it has been done to save egg on face.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Get the impression they would rather have waited to put out this announcement until the sporting director had been appointed, but Ed had said "next week" and it has been done to save egg on face. [/quote]Yeah, agree with that. I quite like this structure though, I think David Moss would be an ideal Sporting Director and then we can wait until the end of the season if necessary to ensure we get the right Head Coach.

I did post some weeks ago that Stone was getting the M.D role, I''m just surprised that it has taken them this long to announce it.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Who will have final say on player recruitment?  Managing Director?  Sporting Director?  Head Coach? A N Other?[/quote]I would imagine the sporting director...and here''s where it could get difficult"i''ve signed you a striker on loan, there''s a clause he has to play 30 games a season.."or"i''ve got you a centre back to strengthen but the downside of it is i''ve had to sell Johnny Howson, listen I know he''s been your best player but you''ll get by i''m sure"the "head coach" will be a yes man.

"Stone, 47, joined the Club as

Director of Finance in 2015 after holding similar roles at Spirit Pub

Company
and Gala Bingo from 2005 onwards."He''ll be used to the BOO''s then. [<:o)]

So in other words they sacked Alex Neil in that amateurish way last Friday aftet he''d humiliated himself doing the pre match presser and they didn''t have a clue what they were going to do next ! And this is the best they can come up with after a week to think about it ! Clueless doesn''t begin to sum it up.

For the first time in thirty years I really couldn''t give two hoots, why they took a week to announce something they knew last week is a bit odd.

As far aa I''m concerned they could bring in Big ears as DOF and Noddy as the next manager, wouldn''t bother me. They will do as they see fit.

Yet another fox has been shot. Despite the many predictions here, Ricky Martin is not going to become the sporting director or the head coach. One surprise, for me, is that Stone will not be a board member, or at least not yet. And neither will the sporting director, which suggests their powers will not be as great as that of a fully-fledged director of football.

Expected appointment.

My concern lies with finding a head coach to work with a sporting director. All of the candidates mentioned recently (Pardew, Hodgson, Pearson etc) don''t seem to fit that bill.

Plus it seems we are not in any rush to make the appointment, considering the SD has to be in place first.

Even scarier is that we could still be 5 points off the playoffs at 5pm - is it not to early to write off the season

I think you are right Purple and that surprises me (not that you''re right).

I would have guessed they would let the DoF or SD would take the process of running the football side together with the MD.

But if the MD isn''t on the board I wonder how much autonomy he will have.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Expected appointment.

My concern lies with finding a head coach to work with a sporting director. All of the candidates mentioned recently (Pardew, Hodgson, Pearson etc) don''t seem to fit that bill.

Plus it seems we are not in any rush to make the appointment, considering the SD has to be in place first.

Even scarier is that we could still be 5 points off the playoffs at 5pm - is it not to early to write off the season[/quote]Don''t forget Pardew worked under Ashley at St James'' and certainly didn''t have a free reign regarding transfers.

Couldn''t give a fig, it''s just tinkering round the edges.I suppose it makes them feel better that they have actually done something.All we need is a good manager and 15 good championship players.Get that sorted out and nobody will care what structure we have

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Control kept at the top and in the family, innit? [:^)][/quote]Control is in the majority shareholder(s) same as every other company in the country, why should NCFC be any different??Having said that you do want some people on the board for the expertise and experience they can provide, even though the owners retain control. So it seems surprising that the two new directors are not board members, ''reporting directly to the board'' is not all the same and certainly no substitute for being a board member.So I hope it works but IMO despite having an extra role, which has not proved terribly successful in British football, it seems very little changes and I''m wondering what all the fuss has been about. I think the fact that the sporting director wasn''t appointed before AN was sacked even though the board had clearly already decided on the new structure tells us all we need to know about how much or rather little influence he will have on the big decisions.