Sign in to follow this  
morty

Bradley.

Thought he was quite subdued to be honest. Derby played him a bit like we play Tetty so he hardly got forward at all. Up to them I guess.

Got very generous applause when his name was read out at the start.

[quote user="morty"]How did he play?[/quote]
His influence was more evident in the first half, pretty anonymous second half. The Bradley chant was OK once, but didn''t need repeating.

Great round of applause when his name was read out (good welcome for Shackell too) but I''d forgotten he was on the pitch until the red card tackle on Wes. I thought it was Bradley at first.

[quote user="Move Klose"]He was pretty rubbish to be honest. Buy he always was when he played in the middle for us.[/quote]

Agree with this 100% his best season with us was when he was switched to the left side.-still can''t pass over 10 yards

If he hadn''t played for us previously I doubt most would have known who he waspretty nondescript (other than the absurd hair style)

Most recognisable moment was when Butterfield tackled Wes and whilst the rest of the Derby players were trying to argue their case, Bradders went and checked Wes was ok.

[quote user="hogesar"]Most recognisable moment was when Butterfield tackled Wes and whilst the rest of the Derby players were trying to argue their case, Bradders went and checked Wes was ok.[/quote]

👍

As I used to point out when he was here, he got used as a DM because he''s strong & likes a tackle, but in reality his tackling ain''t great & positional awareness often awry; he''s a much better used as an AM who''ll bully the opposition defence & score the occasional cracker.

He played holding midfielder (tettey role) which he is not very good at. That is why he played on left when we got promoted last.

So he played very poor like most of Derby side.

[quote user="hogesar"]Most recognisable moment was when Butterfield tackled Wes and whilst the rest of the Derby players were trying to argue their case, Bradders went and checked Wes was ok.[/quote]

Not quite right I was 3 yards from him he told Wes to get up which he did straight away.

Slightly unfair to say Bradley anonymous or did nothing all game....

He actually won just about every aerial challenge he made, most against Naismith I might add, certainly no match for us when we got it down and passed it about as we can.

Derby were poor today but I credit our midfield with not allowing them time or space we pressed quickly closed down and moved the ball well ourselves.

We all know where he was playing today is not his best role. His passing and positioning have never been that great, so I was surprised to see him being asked to dictate play from deep and shield the back four today.

Clearly he finds much more success used higher up the pitch where he can use his aggression, power and engine to put pressure on the opposition without having to worry too much about holding good defensive shape. His absolute thunderbolt of a shot is also better used in the final third than just outside his own box funnily enough.

I was very frustrated when we sold him as he offered something very different to most conventional wide-players, but it is what it is.

[quote user="Baywing"]

He actually won just about every aerial challenge he made [/quote]

I am not a BJ fan and his use of the ball was as poor as ever and highlighted why we sold him.

However if you were ever to list his strengths at the very top of that short list is his aerial ability; one of the very best midfielders in the league.

With you on that one ZLF, and if a midfielder has to have heading as (possibly) his best attribute, then he ain''t gonna be pulling up any trees, unless he is scoring loads at one end, with it, and clearing his defence at the other.

Thanks BJ, it was great, and we got your best football , out of you, whilst you were here.