Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The Signs Are Unfortunately Ominous.

I once read on here where ricardo said and he is of course right that when a manager loses the crowd there is no way back. The away support started to leave the ground in significant numbers well before the end today. At the final whistle there were chants '' what a load of rubbish '' also ''we want our money back'' and a crescendo of booing. There appears to be very little love for Alex Neil on any forums tonight including the social media outlets of Twatter and Facebook. Listening to Canary Call tonight on the way back ( Yes i know !) several sensible posters for a change offering little by way support for the manager.This is now going to be a very big seven days for our manager leading up to the Leeds game and unless he sorts this shambles out it could well be another Worthy and Burnley scenario.ricardo very rarely gets it wrong.

Agreed, a lot of fans went down today, non of them could have expected anything like that total capitulation.

Ricky has been calling this for some time now and in fairness others as well😀 and they have been shown to be right.

Unfortunately, today is the first time I''ve felt Neil may have to go. I say unfortunately as I actually think he''s a good manager but it sounds as if some players don''t want to play for him. That makes them a disgrace but unfortunately will mean the end of the manager as opposed to them.

Thoughts then turn to who we employ next which scares me a little right now. Lambert is a no for me, Hodsgon and Allardyce wouldn''t come here for the money we''d offer (even if we want them); Sherwood is a maybe but unproven ...... I start to run out of names a little then.

This is the conundrum the board are faced with - who would do a better job than Neil (that is attainable) right now?

There were also some angry reactions to Russ and a couple of other players when they came over to applaud the fans so it''s not just the manager that fans are unhappy with.

[quote user="Cobain18"]Unfortunately, today is the first time I''ve felt Neil may have to go. I say unfortunately as I actually think he''s a good manager but it sounds as if some players don''t want to play for him. That makes them a disgrace but unfortunately will mean the end of the manager as opposed to them.

Thoughts then turn to who we employ next which scares me a little right now. Lambert is a no for me, Hodsgon and Allardyce wouldn''t come here for the money we''d offer (even if we want them); Sherwood is a maybe but unproven ...... I start to run out of names a little then.

This is the conundrum the board are faced with - who would do a better job than Neil (that is attainable) right now?[/quote]Fair post[Y]

All the strands of criticism and concerns over the past three months ( at least ) came together yesterday and have opened the fans eyes to a failing regime. Until now I have been a believer in a long term plan under AN. The club must come first.

[quote user="The young canary"]I know reliably that Lambert would consider a move back to Norwich now the way is clear subject to a few ground rules that he was angry about last time[/quote]

No you don''t.

A big part of Lamberts success was Culverhouse. I can''t remember the situation with them, but it wasn''t good If I remember rightly

Would a) Lambert want to come here, b) what''s the relationship with Culverhouse and c) would the word want him back

he just isn''t getting these players playing to their capabilities......now many of these players have to look at themselves in the mirror, but when you see a Championship club leaving players like Naismith and Brady on the bench, you have to ask why the manager is unable to get a tune out of them....maybe we need one who can

[quote user="Buh"]Does young canary check out?[/quote]

For independent verification of my source I would point to a regular on the board who I introduced to my source that is very close to the Messiah

[quote user="The young canary"]I know reliably that Lambert would consider a move back to Norwich now the way is clear subject to a few ground rules that he was angry about last time[/quote]

I think if Lambert were to come back our club would be set back ten years.  It was unique and marvellous when he was here, but the perfect storm that occured when he was here last, will not happen again.  He has shown since that it was a one off situation. Coming back here would unquestionably be a mistake for all concerned.

I don''t see the board firing Neil after two or three defeats. This will be viewed as, an inevitable, dip in form and he''ll be here still on Christmas day without doubt as the victories will return - probably on Saturday ... whether the long term underlying cracks will ever be healed effectively by this manager who knows.

I''m not converted to the Neil out camp yet but would be thrilled to see Paul Lambert walk back through the door even without Culverhouse.

Barring some sensational revelation I think he will be given a little more rope. His earlier achievements have probably earned him that.

The leaky defence was a minor irritant while the points were piling up but as in all things a bad sign is still a bad sign. His seeming inability to correct the problem was starkly displayed by yesterday''s debacle.

Next Saturdays result and the crowd reaction will go a long way to determining the direction of travel.

CR is an unpleasant place to be when the manager loses the crowd. I wouldn''t wish that humiliation on anyone but we''ve been here before and no doubt will again

Yesterday was also the first time I thought that Neil had to go. We had been so blunted in attack it was crying out at half time for a change of system and changes in personnel. He didn''t and only made a change when we went 3-0 and the game was over as a contest.

Fair play to Klose, Olsson, Pritchard, Murphy and Martin who actually had the nuts to face the fans. The rest gave a quick clap from the halfway line and then were straight down the tunnel. A big response against Leeds is needed and we it will show if the players still believe in Neil. If there isn''t we have to make a change before this season could be over.

In a way its good that Leeds will be here on Saturday, with their no doubt sell out away end and the atmosphere that will bring, the crowd should take care of itself purely by their prescence.

If we were playing another of these clubs who have been bringing 300 fans with them and we didnt start well, it would turn into an uncomfortable afternoon.

Why do the board always seem to want to wait for a home game before deciding to spoil the relationship even more?

the players gave up yesterday. Tettey in particular was an absolute disgrace and could not give a f*** while he was out there, something is wrong. To a man we''ve been below par pretty much since Wembley and the most loyal section of our support walked out yesterday. I blame the players mostly but we can''t just sack and replace them all so we need an experienced manager who will get a tune out of them and not tolerate any of their BS

Seems pretty obvious to me what needs to happen now. After what he''s achieved for us I really, really do not want to see this turn into another Burnley/Worthy scenario!!

Just get it over with!

...I ''d still give him next week...nothing to do with it being at home or away but to see what sort of /whether we get reaction from the players after that disgrace yesterday....also because there is a two week international break that follows, that could either offer a period of calm following a good win against Leeds...or offer a window of action should the worst happens.

Lets not forget , we are still fourth and only 4 points of the top 2. This is in the main possibly to do with how ordinary by and large this division is.

Huddersfield took a thumping too yesterday and are off form...I had to look at the league table this morning to see who are currently fifth and sixth and wouldnt have guessed at all that Reading would be one place below us.

So it really isnt going to take a huge upturn to get us back on track and into the top 2 again...(forget Newcastle , they will run off with this with 100+ points)

however if that gap extends too far beyond 4 points , then there''s a problem.......if at any point we slip out of the top 6 ,then its goodnight.

[quote user="ricardo"]CR is an unpleasant place to be when the manager loses the crowd.[/quote]Hughton lost the crowd here but yesterday he proved once again what a good manager he actually is. I reckon the crowd yesterday would have preferred him to be in charge rather than Neil. Shows how fickle the crowd can be.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Hughton had our team playing like garbage and lost the crowd here, but yesterday he proved once again what a good manager he is for everyone else bar us[/quote]Fixed that for you Lapps...

There was nothing fickle about the crowd and Houghton, we''d been pretty patient considering the turgid shite he''d served up for 18 months.

What a manager has done or goes on to do elsewhere is entirely irrelevant.

GJL, I understand your point about waiting to see whether we get any reaction from the players-but yesterday was a chance to see what reaction they had to the Preston result! Not a good reaction obviously!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ricardo"]CR is an unpleasant place to be when the manager loses the crowd.[/quote]

Hughton lost the crowd here but yesterday he proved once again what a good manager he actually is. I reckon the crowd yesterday would have preferred him to be in charge rather than Neil. Shows how fickle the crowd can be.[/quote]

It was a pretty awful two seasons seeing all the negativity everywhere.  But it was always the case that if we had held on to him, either staying up or going down, we would have had some continuity and a manager that would be able to build something long term.  Brighton look to be the beneficiaries of  what we let go.  And yes I know it wasn''t working at Norwich - I just think that if you stick it out during the bad times, quality will show through eventually, as with SAF at MU.  I''m hoping we will stick with AN through the bad times and see good come out of it in the end.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]GJL, I understand your point about waiting to see whether we get any reaction from the players-but yesterday was a chance to see what reaction they had to the Preston result! Not a good reaction obviously![/quote]

whilst the Preston game was obviously disappointing, those kind of games occasionally can and do happen, a win yesterday and it could have been put down to an off-day.

Yesterday however was something different and I don''t remember players /management coming out after a game so publicly questioning commitment and suggesting some "gave up" since that infamous 6-0 defeat at Fulham.

This is a game where we need to see what heart and stomach this set of players have in the next game vs Leeds.