Sign in to follow this  
Iwans Big Toe

Your team for West Brom

The team I''d like to see on Saturday and the team we''re going to see on Saturday is most likely going to be very different.My team; -------------------------Ruddy---------------------------------------Bennett-------Bassong----------------Wisdom----------------------------------------Brady---------------Tettey------------Mulumbu-------------------------------------Vadis-----------------------------Redmond-------------------------------Jarvis----------------------------Mbokani-----------------------The fact being of having a solid core in that team, on paper anyway.When the team goes forward -------------------------Ruddy-----------------------------------Bennett-----------------Bassong----------------------------------Mulumbu--------------------------------------Tettey--------------Vadis---------------Wisdom-----------------------------------------Brady-----------Redmond----------------Jarvis------------------------------------Mbokani-----------------------Having big Mbokani to aim at, both full backs pushing there full backs, both of our full backs capable of putting in decent crosses to Mbokani but also with Jarvis and Redmond fizzing around in the middle confusing defenders. Redmond and Jarvis can both ''roam'' in the middle trying to create chances because of the power thats behind them, i.e Vadis, Tettey and Mulumbu. So stopping counter attacks would be much easier. Vadis could even push on more as he seems to have more technical ability than Mulumbu and Tettey giving us even more threat going forward. Redmond & Jarvis both cutting in pulling their full backs out of position, Brady & Wisdom both in behind the space created, whipped into big Dave.I think that formation and team is very attacking but very defensive too. We could afford to keep Redmond and Jarvis up the field while we defend because of the power and bodies in the middle. Having those 3 in the middle would also help Bennett get up to speed and gain some confidence. i doubt Bennett will be playing though.

[quote user="Six Pack"]Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Brady

Tettey Howson

Redmond Hoolahan VOO

Jerome

People are giving Howson a lot of flak for his last 2 performances. He made a couple of errors against Leicester but did that trying to attack and make things happen. He''s not Hoolahan but I thought he did ok in the forward role against Newcastle as well. So wouldn''t leave him out. At the start of the game (Newcastle) we had trouble holding onto the ball Tettey did win it but we couldn''t hold on to it, - we missed Jerome & Hoolahan controlling the ball up the pitch. Mbokani has a lot of ability though. Also would give VOO a chance on the right. He''s pretty solid and can support Whittaker.

Martin & Bassong are ball playing centre backs so can play out from the back - no need to waste that extra player (Dorrans) doing that job.[/quote]

What a weird team.  No change in the defence after two of the worst performances I''ve ever seen from Martin and Whittaker, except dropping the bloke who directly created both our goals.  Keeping Howson despite him being completely anonymous all game.  Bringing in a centre midfielder who has made no impact in over a year to play left wing, and dropping the forward who has scored in his last two appearances (three including country).

I really do wonder what some people are watching!

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Bassong Olsson

Tettey Mulumbu

Redmond Hoolahan Brady

Mbokani

Suspect its a week too soon for Mulumbu and he will play in the cup at Goodison instead so Howson comes in for him if so.

3-5-2

GK. Rudd

CB. Bassong

CB. Bennett

CB. Martin

LWB. Brady

RWB. Redmond

DM. Mulumbu

CM. Howson

CM. Hoolahan

ST. Jerome

ST. Mbokani

Subs; Ruddy, Wisdom, Olsson, Tettey, Dorrans, Jarvis, Lafferty

Rudd

Martin Bassong Bennett Brady

Tetty Mulumbu

Howson Jarvis

Hoolahan

Mbokani

Ruddy has to be dropped not kept a clean sheet all season, and is becoming far to fond of his ''Grobbelaaresk'' walk abouts. Whittaker is dire, unfortunately i don''t think Wisdom is good enough to replace him meaning Martin moves to right back. Bassong would have been dropped if we had some one to replace him, Ryan Bennettt deserves his chance and if he can stay fit will be a great addition to the side. Olson is unfortunate to go as i think he was our best defender on sunday but i think the combination of Brady and Jarvis is just too good to ignore. Mulumbu in for Dorrins as the defence, even with the changes is fragile and the combination of him and Tetty shielding is can hopefully help prevent a re[eat of Sunday. Howson in for Redmond a bit controversial i Know but i think Redmond is better used as an impact sub. Jarvis as I''ve said above dove tails well with Brady can cross a good ball and is a goal threat. Mbokani did enough for me on Sunday to get another run out. just my humble opinion.

Can''t see that Redmond has got the know-how to play as a wing back.

It''s pretty much the toughest position to play.

GK - Ruddy

RB - Martin

CB - R Bennett

CB - Bassong

LB - Olsson

CM - Tettey

CM - O'' Neil

RM - redmond

LM - Jarvis

AM - Hoolahan

ST - Mbokani

Subs - Rudd, wisdom, brady, Mulumbu, Howson, Dorrans, Jerome

-------------------------Rudd------------------------

---------------Bennett-------Bassong----------------

Wisdom----------------------------------------Brady

---------------Tettey------------Mulumbu-----------

--------------------------Vadis-------------------------

----Redmond-------------------------------Jarvis----

------------------------Mbokani-----------------------

Ruddy out of form send him a message that he is in a battle for the no1 jersey

RM & Whitts cut out that weakness that every manager knows we have in the right of defence

howson dropped CM should be creating and scoring more

martin Olsson has been injured so hard to say but I don''t think he really wants to be here had that feeling a while ( might be wrong )

All this talk of a change of formation to include three central defenders is ludicrous. With the playing staff we have at our disposal 352 is not possible, we simply do not have the players. We have just two players who have played their whole career as center backs, plus a right back who has been poorly masquerading as an international center back for the last two years. If we start with all three playing and one gets an injury we are then left with the option of playing a young part time center back or changing our formation again. Add to the fact that Alex Neil has never at any point during pre-season looked to play 3 at the back further serves to point out that people pushing for us to play 352 are living in a fantasy land.What I expect AN will be looking at is keeping a similar formation to what we have played so far, but hopefully he will have been developing a more solid bank of four at the back with midfielders that are willing to hold their positions and provide cover when a full back bombs forwards like I mentioned in my OP. The most vital thing they need to work on is not getting caught with the ball goal side of 7 players on the counter and try to keep a clean sheet or two before Christmas. There is a balance to be found between the turgid, defend at all costs method of the Hughton era and the current banzai all out attack attitude the team often displays at the moment. I hope AN can find this balance soon, or else we could find our road to safety a very long one come the opening of the January transfer window.

Worthy Nigelton wrote:

What a weird team. No change in the defence after two of the worst performances I''ve ever seen from Martin and Whittaker, except dropping the bloke who directly created both our goals. Keeping Howson despite him being completely anonymous all game. Bringing in a centre midfielder who has made no impact in over a year to play left wing, and dropping the forward who has scored in his last two appearances (three including country).

....................................................................................................................

We haven''t got better defenders at the club. Not anyone that is registered to the play anyway - so it has to be Martin & Whittaker.

I did say VOO on the right so Redmond to switch to the left.

If we have a problem at central midfield - it''s not Howson.

You have a point with Olson - I haven''t a problem with him at left back.

The last time we played really well and won we had Brady and Jarvis down the left who combined nicely with each other. There was also great link up with them and Hoolahan and Howson.

Have we lined up with all those 4 in the same positions since then?

[quote user="Six Pack"]Worthy Nigelton wrote:

What a weird team. No change in the defence after two of the worst performances I''ve ever seen from Martin and Whittaker, except dropping the bloke who directly created both our goals. Keeping Howson despite him being completely anonymous all game. Bringing in a centre midfielder who has made no impact in over a year to play left wing, and dropping the forward who has scored in his last two appearances (three including country).

....................................................................................................................

We haven''t got better defenders at the club. Not anyone that is registered to the play anyway - so it has to be Martin & Whittaker.

I did say VOO on the right so Redmond to switch to the left.

If we have a problem at central midfield - it''s not Howson.

You have a point with Olson - I haven''t a problem with him at left back.[/quote]

Ryan Bennett is a better centre half than Russell Martin.  VOO is not a right or left winger.  Redmond is not a left winger.  I rate Howson to be fair, but his form is poor and nobody should be guaranteed a starting spot.  I wouldn''t definitely drop Whittaker as I''m not at all convinced by Norman Wisdom - but Martin should definitely find himself on the bench on Saturday.

I''d also be tempted to drop Ruddy.

My team:

Rudd

Whitts Bennett Bass Olsson

Tettey Dorrans

Redderz Hoolahan Brady

Dave

Might be unchanged. A chance to put things right.

But, imo, if you want to play someone behind the striker make it Hoolahan.

And if you''ve got to decide between Howson and Dorrans in central midfield make it Howson.

Defence have had too many chances this season.

No clean sheet in the league this season. Defensive errors and sloppy goals conceded every single game.

Has to change it.

Whilst I still don''t think anyone in the back 5 could really complain if they lost their place, I have a feeling AN will probably give them an opportunity to put it right. We''ve generally played well this season, whilst playing in a style that makes clean sheets quite a difficult task.

maybe that''s the problem I agree on paper that''s the best team but on form a lot of them players should be dropped

best team on paper or best players on form ?

Got to be form players for me a lesser player on form will out perform a good player out of form

I''m more interested in the team shape than the personnel. It had been mentioned on here by Parma that the players looked well drilled, but we were all over the shop at the weekend.

I''d like to see us attack, and defend, with a little more discipline.

[quote user="Worthy Nigelton"]

[quote user="Six Pack"]Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Brady

Tettey Howson

Redmond Hoolahan VOO

Jerome

People are giving Howson a lot of flak for his last 2 performances. He made a couple of errors against Leicester but did that trying to attack and make things happen. He''s not Hoolahan but I thought he did ok in the forward role against Newcastle as well. So wouldn''t leave him out. At the start of the game (Newcastle) we had trouble holding onto the ball Tettey did win it but we couldn''t hold on to it, - we missed Jerome & Hoolahan controlling the ball up the pitch. Mbokani has a lot of ability though. Also would give VOO a chance on the right. He''s pretty solid and can support Whittaker.

Martin & Bassong are ball playing centre backs so can play out from the back - no need to waste that extra player (Dorrans) doing that job.[/quote]

What a weird team.  No change in the defence after two of the worst performances I''ve ever seen from Martin and Whittaker, except dropping the bloke who directly created both our goals.  Keeping Howson despite him being completely anonymous all game.  Bringing in a centre midfielder who has made no impact in over a year to play left wing, and dropping the forward who has scored in his last two appearances (three including country).

[/quote]Me too. Did you not see that 5 of Newcastles 6 goals came from our left hand side with Bassong and Olsson defending like clowns at times? Olsson is our biggest liability in defence and was last season as well. I''d have Brady at left back from now on as he looked pretty solid and I''d have Jarvis and Olsson fight it out for a spot further up the field.

My team but what do I know lol

Ruddy

Whittaker -- Martin -- Bassong -- Olsson

--------------Tettey -------------------

Jarvis ---- Howson---- Brady

-------------Wessie-----------

--------------Jerome------------

Surprised no one''s suggested Gary O''Neil - very calm and assured v WBA in the cup - albeit their side tomorrow will be very different.

Ruddy

Martin / Bennett / Bassong / Olsson or Brady

Redmond / Tettey / O''Neil / Jarvis

Wes

Mbokani

Subs: Rudd, Wisdom, Howson, Brady or Olsson, Jerome, Dorrans, Lafferty

Slightly harsh on Brady, but I think Olsson offers more defensively - just.

[quote user="cityangel"]My team but what do I know lol

Ruddy

--------------Jerome------------[/quote]CA, can''t believe you''ve dropped Mbokani?[:O]

[quote user="cityangel"]My team but what do I know lol

Ruddy

--------------Jerome------------[/quote]

If that''s the line up tomorrow think I might jack it in the wife will have to go on her own.