Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Adams gone

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Jumped Lapp...

[/quote]

Following the Sky Bet Championship defeat at Reading on December 28, the Canaries currently sit seventh in the league table. After Saturday’s FA Cup Third Round exit at the hands of Preston North End, Adams met for discussions with the Board and agreed to resign
Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-neil-adams-resigns-norwich-city-manager-2183631.aspx#8WVozmm7aIoQvtWj.99

Sounds like six of one and half dozen of another.

Well done to Adams for doing the right thing, he still deserves a lesser job at the club.

Chris Goreham was being fitted out with a new tracksuit and big CG initials on Saturday during the game, hence his absence.

This was never Adams fault. Anyone would have taken the job if it was offered. That he has now fallen on his sword deserves some credit and lets hope he gets back into the Academy unscathed.

Ridiculous decision to appoint in the first place. In fact, possibly the worst ever, all things considered.

[quote user="ellis206"]

I expect to see Tim Sherwood take over now.

How would fans react to that? Less experience than Neil but did well at Spurs

[/quote]
Slightly more experienced as a first team manager than Neil was.
Another ex player, and a bit of a twonk at that.  Whoever is appointed I hope they will be a success.

I would welcome Adams back into the fold but not as manager for a good number of years.The board must act quickly to re-appoint a new manager and make use of the transfer window.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Jumped Lapp...

[/quote]

Following the Sky Bet Championship defeat at Reading on December 28, the Canaries currently sit seventh in the league table. After Saturday’s FA Cup Third Round exit at the hands of Preston North End, Adams met for discussions with the Board and agreed to resignRead more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-neil-adams-resigns-norwich-city-manager-2183631.aspx#8WVozmm7aIoQvtWj.99

[/quote]

As with everytthing it''s open to any spin you may wish to add.

It could be that the cook and her cohorts can''t even do a decent sacking. Little old Norwich just looking after their own and creating another job for the boys.

Or

It could be that our great club has once again shown class which is sadly lacking amongst other clubs in this day and age. A solution has been found which in time will be to the benefit of the whole club.

You pays your money and makes your choice Butler...

[quote user="GPB"]

This was never Adams fault. Anyone would have taken the job if it was offered. That he has now fallen on his sword deserves some credit and lets hope he gets back into the Academy unscathed.

Ridiculous decision to appoint in the first place. In fact, possibly the worst ever, all things considered.

[/quote]Really? Worse than Gunn?

If they want to spin it that he resigned, then that''s fine with me, he is a good club man and will be an asset doing what he does best...but NOT managing the first team.

Now, this will be a very interesting appointment coming up...........and the expectation on him, whoever it will be, should be promotion through the play-off''s as a MINIMUM........... although I feel a few could disagree with that....

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="GPB"]

[/quote]

Really? Worse than Gunn?
[/quote]

When I say "all things considered" I mean , among other things, our relative economic position. In mitigation of the Gunn appointment the board could always play the "skint" card, whereas for the first time in many a year we had a better position than most of our peers and therefore should have attracted an experienced coach, rather than Adams.

Don''t get me wrong Nuff, I thought at the time the Gunn appointment would be a disaster , and thought the same thing about NA. But NA appointment was less defensible than Gunn.

With young inexperienced players we loan them out to gain valuable experience - can''t we do that with Neil, I''m sure he will - given the right education - be a very good manager.

A little to early and with too much expectation at this moment in time.

Good luck Neil and Thank you.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]If they want to spin it that he resigned, then that''s fine with me, he is a good club man and will be an asset doing what he does best...but NOT managing the first team.

Now, this will be a very interesting appointment coming up...........and the expectation on him, whoever it will be, should be promotion through the play-off''s as a MINIMUM........... although I feel a few could disagree with that....[/quote]
Or, you know, he did just resign.
That is a possibility.

Think Mick McCarthy is now a shoo-in. Why, he wouldn''t even have to move house....

NA has gone up in my estimation as a result of resigning, assuming that is indeed how it happened.

Back to Jimmy''s question re Claridge he said something on the Saturday round up on BBC to the effect that our performance was not acceptable and that with our squad we should be doing a lot better. Can''t really argue with that, it came across to me as quite strong condemnation at the time.

There''s not many times when I have felt sad at a manager going, as mostly I am glad to see the back of then when they finally go -even Worthy had outlived his best before date. This feels a bit different even though I know that we have been underperforming under his watch.

Not sure what the problem is, everyone wanted him out so he''s gone, if that meant the club had to guarantee him a new job to avoid paying him off then that has to be a good thing as I''m sure a lump sum payment is a lot more than keep paying him a wage!!

He will be back at the club from July so they are not going to say he was sacked - resigning works for all concerned.

I understand (heard about noon) that he was relieved of his role and he accepted that as the great club man he is - hence agreeing to resigned as the approach.

Next appointment will be tough; I am sure phelan will want it; perhaps holty too. But both are associated with the last two games so a fresh start is distinctly possible.

An interesting fortnight in store

Fortnight is too long....needs to be done in the next 4 days.

It had better be a high profile appointment and not another inexperienced cop out........problem is limited managers out there.

For those who want Howe......former youth coach at Bournmouth who failed at Burnley.......might be that he fits Bournmouth but not a club like ours.

ZippersLeftFoot wrote the following post at 05/01/2015 3:07 PM:

He will be back at the club from July so they are not going to say he was sacked - resigning works for all concerned.

I understand (heard about noon) that he was relieved of his role and he accepted that as the great club man he is - hence agreeing to resigned as the approach.

--------------------------------------

Yes it''s pretty clear that the board had also lost patience with him, I think it''s good that he''ll be introduced in another role at the club as we then won''t have to pay him any compensation. Like you say, works for all concerned

[quote user="Indy"]Fortnight is too long....needs to be done in the next 4 days.

It had better be a high profile appointment and not another inexperienced cop out........problem is limited managers out there.

For those who want Howe......former youth coach at Bournmouth who failed at Burnley.......might be that he fits Bournmouth but not a club like ours.[/quote]
I hope we get someone in a lot quicker than that! When Gunn went we went straight after Lambert obviously because we had been preparing for the change and had already identified his replacement. 
Enough of scoring Europe and holding interviews. The board''s job is to know who is out there and who they want based on their record and strengths and need to go get the man they should have already pinpointed.

All the best Neil Adams and I hope you get a suitable job to help you become a better manager.

Great guy and he has proven it by stepping down. I think the board would have stuck with him until it was too late, shame Hughton didnt do the same.

Jenkins, as you rightly state at least he has left, for now, with some semblance of dignity.

Perhaps now the Baord might, just for once, learn from their mistake and actually recruit a manager who is just that, a manager.

Not because he is nice, or that he bleeds green and yellow following extensive searches of Tristan da Cunha but because he can actually manage a bloody football club.

If any of that bunch of nimrods are reading this, "A FOOTBALL MANAGER", repeat it again "A FOOTBALL MANAGER" and I don''t care how fucking nice he is either.

"After Saturday’s FA Cup Third Round exit at the hands of Preston North End, Adams met for discussions with the Board and agreed to resign."

Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-neil-adams-resigns-norwich-city-manager-2183631.aspx#JTCRFXSitko33PxL.99

He ''agreed'' to resign, if he refused he would''ve got the sack and wouldn''t be offered a job here at the end of the season. It sounds as if he had very little choice. Well done to the board I say, it''s not as if Adams stepped by his own accord.

[quote user="Bury Green"]Jenkins, as you rightly state at least he has left, for now, with some semblance of dignity. Perhaps now the Baord might, just for once, learn from their mistake and actually recruit a manager who is just that, a manager. Not because he is nice, or that he bleeds green and yellow following extensive searches of Tristan da Cunha but because he can actually manage a bloody football club. If any of that bunch of nimrods are reading this, "A FOOTBALL MANAGER", repeat it again "A FOOTBALL MANAGER" and I don''t care how fucking nice he is either.[/quote]

Let''s hope to Christ that playing the "Norwich Way" isn''t a pre-requisite. I''ve had enough of that thank you very much.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Jumped Lapp...

[/quote]

Following the Sky Bet Championship defeat at Reading on December 28, the Canaries currently sit seventh in the league table. After Saturday’s FA Cup Third Round exit at the hands of Preston North End, Adams met for discussions with the Board and agreed to resign
Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-neil-adams-resigns-norwich-city-manager-2183631.aspx#8WVozmm7aIoQvtWj.99

[/quote]

It doesn''t have to be either extremes just sensible middle ground

Performance not good enough.....offered resign and a job in July OR

That is a win win result.

For the record I am sorry he could not get the results in the limited time frame on offer.

Another time with less immediate pressure he might well have come good BUT with the millions waiting at the end of the rainbow he could not be given the time to learn.

As with everytthing it''s open to any spin you may wish to add.

It could be that the cook and her cohorts can''t even do a decent sacking. Little old Norwich just looking after their own and creating another job for the boys.

Or

It could be that our great club has once again shown class which is sadly lacking amongst other clubs in this day and age. A solution has been found which in time will be to the benefit of the whole club.

You pays your money and makes your choice Butler...

[/quote]

Cocked that up big time!

It doesn''t have to be either extremes just sensible middle ground

Performance not good enough.....offered resign and a job in July OR

That is a win win result.

For the record I am sorry he could not get the results in the limited time frame on offer.

Another time with less immediate pressure he might well have come good BUT with the millions waiting at the end of the rainbow he could not be given the time to learn.

Sad but not surprised. I thought he might have got the Bournemouth gig and one last spin of the wheel but McNally acts quickly when his mind is made up.I said yesterday that we might hear something from McNally this week. It just came a little sooner than I expected. No inside information, just a lucky guess.

Totally agree Ricardo, had the wins kept coming he would be bread and butter now but a manager is truly tested in tough runs to get back to winning ways and Adams never beat that challenge. At least he''s man enough to admit it and I''ve no doubt at some point he will be a good first team coach but I don''t think he''s quite ready for management yet. Glad to hear he''s being kept on in the club in some capacity, hopefully the youth team again. Very much possibly a case of good guy wrong time as previously said but hopefully it''ll kick the board up the butt to make some signings and spend where necessary even if that means on management! I wouldn''t mind Phelan having a go as he''s got the experience with the best but let''s hope our scour of Europe prices a bit more fruitful than an ex Norwich player next time and it might just make a difference on the pitch...!