Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Who misses the Premiere League ?

Football is good, winning is great fun and we don''t have to put up with the patronising guff of when we win,  the pundits talk about the failings of the big clubGreat grounds to visit, not all being plastic look alikes and the away fans at CR tend to be committed supporters rather than plastic glory huntersPlus you get an extra 8 games

its certainly nice to know that we have a chance of winning every game we play home or away this season without having to write about a third of fixtures off as defeats before we play them...

...that said ,its still galling watching a fixture like Hull vs Stoke today going on in a division above us ,knowing that we should be at least on an equal footing to those clubs.......let alone the likes of Burnley and Crystal Palace.

[quote user="City1st"]Football is good, winning is great fun and we don''t have to put up with the patronising guff of when we win,  the pundits talk about the failings of the big clubGreat grounds to visit, not all being plastic look alikes and the away fans at CR tend to be committed supporters rather than plastic glory huntersPlus you get an extra 8 games

[/quote]

Spot on, I said months ago it was the most boring season I could ever remember.

Refreshed and pleased that there is something to get excited about.

I would be happy to yoyo a couple times. With a cup final pleade.

Me. We want to be playing the best. It''s obvious you get so much more time & space in the Champs; you get away with many more mistakes.

To produce your best you have to be pushed to the limit. Mind you, you have to be able to compete, to be in the game with a chance of winning - unlike last year.

Did anyone not enjoy our first season back?

[quote user="he likes paella "]I''m loving the championship however I was having a chat with Mr Eadie the other day saying exactly that and he said we don''t want more than a season in there as you will get stuck in it as the good players will move on.[/quote]spot on, much as when we were in L1rather like being on a fairground ride, but once is enoughand yes I did enjoy the first season back in the PL and not just for the novelty value, the football was goodas I''ve said before - under Lambert it felt like we could beat anyone whereas under Hughton it always felt like anyone could beat us

If we had replaced Hughton with Adams 10 games earlier we would have stayed up.Furthermore, looking at the PL this season we would more than just survived in it again.

Making Plans wrote the following post at 24/08/2014 9:08 PM:

"If we had replaced Hughton with Adams 10 games earlier we would have stayed up"

Yep

[quote user="Making Plans"]If we had replaced Hughton with Adams 10 games earlier we would have stayed up.Furthermore, looking at the PL this season we would more than just survived in it again.[/quote]and if my granny had bollox she would be my grandad

we are not in the PL nowso the question was are you missing it(not what part of a brain are you missing)

No i am not missing it regarding the football but the media coverage and general feeling of being in a lower league is not so good. Overall i think the prem is overated and is a place for the elite with billionaire owners and the other clubs just making up the Numbers like Canon fodder, best thing could happen for English football would be to put a cap on non home grown players and in worst case make the EU super league, if UK leaves the EU then restrictions on imports could be imposed by the FA......

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Making Plans"]If we had replaced Hughton with Adams 10 games earlier we would have stayed up.Furthermore, looking at the PL this season we would more than just survived in it again.[/quote]and if my granny had bollox she would be my grandad

we are not in the PL nowso the question was are you missing it(not what part of a brain are you missing)

Actually the question asked was Who misses the Premier League? Not Are you missing it?

[/quote]

It''d become pretty soul destroying from Christmas 2013, going to game after game just knowing it was only a question of how many we were going to lose by.

Of course under Lambert it was fine, yes we took some beatings but at least it felt like we would give it a go, score a goal or two even if we shipped a few more.

As mentioned, looking at the Prem this season if we had have changed Hughton earlier and got just a few more points I''m sure we would have survived this season as well.

However it''s looking like being a cracking year, already booked a jolly down to Cardiff and am taking my lad up to Blackpool for the weekend when we play them next month and what''s not to love about that.

All you ever need is a sense of hope and a chance of winning so right now no I''m not missing the Prem one bit.

If we are back there again this time next year then who knows.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Making Plans"]If we had replaced Hughton with Adams 10 games earlier we would have stayed up.Furthermore, looking at the PL this season we would more than just survived in it again.[/quote]and if my granny had bollox she would be my grandad

[/quote]

here we are again....City 1st, with these sad little spiteful snipes at people once again......I''m imagining some sort of sad and bitter existence away from this forum in the real world, that he/she finds this to be some kind of therapy on here to combat this??

[/quote]As you demonstrate frequently every day City 1st, it is not a requirement of this board to stick to the original subject of any thread, in fact it''s almost unheard of.However, the brighter ones among us would have realised that I was making the point that we could have had the best of both World''s - good football in the PL.

IMO it was the approach to the premier league that was the problem. First season under Lambert was fine but playing negatively just for survival sucks the soul out of football at any level.

I understand your opinion on this fully City 1st. But, I miss the EPL........particularly at times like this weekend, when as a "plastic" I will visit Carrow Road to watch Bournemouth rather than an Arsenal or Liverpool.

That said, I will still enjoy every minute of it and get home having lost my voice, nothing changes OTBC

City 1st ''''as I''ve said before - under Lambert it felt like we could beat anyone whereas under Hughton it always felt like anyone could beat us''''

Sums up last season for me.

Yes I am enjoying our football more this season. It does not matter which division you are in supporters like to watch their team win.

Which is a plus because in football terms this after all is "worse than death".

That said the premiership is the place to be and we need to get back there this season.

Do we feel that we are inferior to Palace, Burnley and Leicester to name but three? Competing at the top table has got to be the aspiration. Certainly, more entertaining in the Championship with our year one parachute payments but it wouldn''t take long for the team to deteriorate if we fail to achieve promotion this year.

It is simply down to the fact we have won 3 games straight.

Far too early to judge anything based on just 4 games,any one who presents such a question is surely very much hard of thinking.

To qualify this, how would we be feeling had we failed to gain more than 1-2 points from the 2 home games?

How would we be feeling if Grabban''s effort had gone over the bar and Murphy''s 50th minute attempt went in?

Point is we will all be in a much better place offer reasoned replies to the OP''s question when we are whole lot further into the season than 4 games. Hell''s teeth, the transfer window isn''t even closed yet, so we don''t yet know what our final squad is going to be.

Also, for the pedants among us, it is Premier League, NOT Premiere League. Not that I am saying City 1st is adept at gilding the lily...

[quote user="Highland Canary"].........Certainly, more entertaining in the Championship with our year one parachute payments but it wouldn''t take long for the team to deteriorate if we fail to achieve promotion this year.[/quote]

We get the same £23m next year so we do get two bites at the cherry but it would nice to do it at the first attempt.

The Premiership isn''t the be all and end all for regular fans but -

If we spend to long in this Division we''ll end up like Ips*it in having poor crowds and free transfers!

Ultimately the Championship is ultra competitive cause we all want to be in the top flight which is the only place our great club will get bigger and better cause we aren''t as big as what we could be!

I miss what it was like in our first season. Us playing exciting positive fast counter attacking football and giving every team a good game.

This is fun because once again the team is playing good football and the players seem to give a sh!t again. It would have seemed utter madness at the time but if we had replaced Lambert with Adams I''m certain we''d still be enjoying it

This feels like our League 1 stint. Fun but no more than one season please

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="Highland Canary"].........Certainly, more entertaining in the Championship with our year one parachute payments but it wouldn''t take long for the team to deteriorate if we fail to achieve promotion this year.[/quote]

We get the same £23m next year so we do get two bites at the cherry but it would nice to do it at the first attempt.

[/quote]Possibly the annual share-out of the roughly £60m has been changed (there was talk of that) but the original deal for the four years was £23m, £18m, £9m and £9m.

Having been worn down by being underdogs every week for 3 years in the PL (and no, it wasn''t all rosy under Lambert either), I''m enjoying the positivity this season. Adams, Holt and Martin seem to be working hard on improving the passing to produce pacey and penetrative attacking football again.

It definitely wasn''t all rosy under Lambert you''re right, we were almost always the underdogs. The difference is and what made it enjoyable was that we always gave everyone a game, our inferior players gave 100% every game and unlike under Hughton we didn''t sit camped on our penalty box all game in a very, very static set formation with only a few players allowed to attack at any one time with the only semblance of tactical approach being pass it to Snodgrass and try to win a free kick...to aim for one of our small lightweight players

It''s not the Premiership I don''t miss, it''s Hughtons utter dross tactical approach. Regardless of the league I''m enjoying football again because we no longer have to suffer through that rubbish every week