Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Hoolahan transfer request rejected!

Yep, right, everything in the NCFC garden is ok, no player rifts here, they are all behind the manager, Becchio and all!

And a very good way to manage that is reject a transfer request. Oh, and of course, that player wasn''t picked two weeks ago because of injury, he was getting treated on a Saturday afternoon when all the physios were at Carrow road.

Yep, right!

You''re the fucking clown. You haven''t a clue what the full story is,just using any excuse to have a go.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Villa made a bid.....turned down.Wes asks to go.....turned down.City hold all the aces. Put up or shut up Lambert. [/quote]

always makes me laugh

Did you say Hughton put up or shut up last January when we went after Hooper

[quote user="Herman "]You''re the fucking clown. You haven''t a clue what the full story is,just using any excuse to have a go.[/quote]

maybe we don''t know the full story but it does seem like there is a regular stream of players that are not entirely happy with their manager

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Its Roeder and Huckerby all over again. Hughtons a f****** clown.[/quote]

Too right!!!

A much loved player asking for a transfer because he wants to leave is exactly like a much loved player being forced out when he wants to stay at the Club. Strange nobody else noticed that in the previous four pages. Well done you!

Cambridge, I nearly spat my mouthwash out when I read that! I think it''s fair to say some people on here are certainly very "special" when it comes to logical thought.

"maybe we don''t know the full story but it does seem like there is a regular stream of players that are not entirely happy with their manager "

Can''t keep everyone happy all the time!

A regular stream? Two older players that worked extremely well with the previous manager and a bench warmer. Anyone I''ve missed?

Wes has been great but everyone''s time is up sooner or later. We should have been looking for a replacement for quite a while now. I doubt we would let Villa get him on the cheap but it''s sensible business to take money while we can. He won''t be getting another contract at CR and would only be back up if we kept him until 2015.I understand the pain but time moves on for everyone. Knowing when you time is up is the hardest thing. It happened with Holt and now its'' the turn of Wes.Goodbye and thanks.

It''s just like Juan mata at Chelsea

Excellent player but doesn''t fit

All those that think he walks right in to our team who do we leave out?

We don''t really play him and he doesn''t want to be here = got to sell him.

He has been unbelievably good for us but we have had the best out of him. I''d prefer not to sell to Villa and potentially strengthen them but money is money.

I don''t know why everyone''s getting so tetchy in here. Oh yes, it''s cuz Lambert''s involved. He seems to bring the worst out in everyone. It''s like the ex-girlfriend that pops up and reminds you how much it hurt when she left.

Anyway, let''s just consider the facts here:

Lambo put in a piss-poor offer for Wes - somewhere around the 1mill mark, give or take. He''s obviously worth way more than that so it was rejected.

Wes'' head was turned at the thought of a new contract with Villa and loads more cash, so to force through the deal he hands in a transfer request.

However, until Villa offer anywhere near enough cash they won''t get him, so that''s that. Wes is hoping that villa will stump up the cash if they know he''s interested, but I doubt that will happen, unless Lambo''s found a few extra mill down the back of his couch.

All of that is meaningless anyway cuz McNally hates Lambert anyway and would sooner rip off his own nuts and mail them to Villa Park than do business with him.

That''s my take on it anyway.

Loads of pages but I''m still none the wiser about what''s going on. It does seem as though this news has opened a door for some posters who had been quiet after we won at the weekend. But anyway. Having read these pages it seems Wes has asked for a transfer and the club has said no. The prevailing view is that Wes has been frozen out by Hughton and it would be much better if Hughton fecked off with Wes staying and some of the posters picking the team. Oh, and for good measure there''s a split in the camp seemingly led by two long serving players. Wes seems to be the figurehead of one faction and Ryan Bennett the figurehead of the other.

Now I''m struggling with a lot of this because as I said last week when posters pick their teams for forthcoming matches I get the impression Wes is left out more than he''s played. In fact sometimes he doesn''t even make the bench. So if these posters get Hughton to feck off Wes won''t be any better off will he? As for the unrest in the camp I reckon the show of unity on the field and the siege mentality that the players have against the boo boys seems to suggest that the majority are definitely in the Ryan Bennett faction if these factions exist at all. Another thing I find interesting is that Ryan Bennett was signed by Paul Lambert who played him every week and yet in the last two seasons, like Wes, he has not been a regular starter.

So the only conclusion I can draw after reading this thread is that Ryan Bennett would be well advised to stay away from suffolk villages after sunset...

McNally has already done business with Lambert/Villa though, when compensation was arranged for the release of Culverhouse and Karsa. In that respect not sure a deal with Villa would be like selling your soul to the devil. McNally doesnt want to alienate the fans however, or lose the pissing contest.

To Wes, thank you for all the years. Like Holty before you, you will always be a hero to me. The club has betrayed you, not the other way around. Though you always created a connundrum, create you always did. The only magician at the club, it is sad that some people have forgotten your loyalty, contribution and above all your magic. Id love you to stay, but if you have to go, it will be without malice from me and I will continue to follow you, wherever you go... (not in a stalkery kind of way...)

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]To Wes, thank you for all the years. Like Holty before you, you will always be a hero to me. The club has betrayed you, not the other way around. Though you always created a connundrum, create you always did. The only magician at the club, it is sad that some people have forgotten your loyalty, contribution and above all your magic. Id love you to stay, but if you have to go, it will be without malice from me and I will continue to follow you, wherever you go... (not in a stalkery kind of way...)[/quote]

Its funny, I can remember - what was it - four years ago, maybe five, when the crowd would get on Wes''s back  for being wasteful,  wearing the pitch out in little circles all over the place.  At the time he looked just like one of Roeder''s failures.    He has had his battles here, but Lambert certainly got the best out of him as he did with most lower league players.   Wes still flatters to deceive and even with Lambert often got caught in those little circles, but he has been an influence, much more than most would have given thought since those Roeder days.  But time moves on.  

I suspect he won''t get his move and has made it less likely to be picked for us again.  Shame.  The last vestiges of the Lambert era all but gone.  But as I say things move on and we have or will have new heroes.

I could understand the disappointment more if Wes had been holding down a place week in week out for the last two seasons, but he just hasn''t been able to keep his place. Weve seen some moments and matches of brilliance and also games where he was fairly anonymous and he has become more of a squad player than an instant starter.

From his point of view, a year left and an offer to stay in the top flight beyond 2015 with a manger he knows and respects, I can''t blame him. Footballers carrers are short and he has to make sure in these later years that he makes the right choice in the long term.

He''s given us everything, he was crucial in the rebirth of our club and for that I will always be greatful. If he wishes to leave and the club can sort out a deal, then maybe the time is right.

Let’s all get real here; Wes has a career, it is short lived, insomuch it lasts until he is 35 if he is lucky. Thereafter how much will he earn? Why wouldn’t he want to maximise his earnings in the now to secure his future.

Many fans think players have the loyalty to a club they do play for – wrong! They have a loyalty to their family, themselves and their future, why wouldn’t they, we all do.

Being a pro footballer is a job, just like most of us have a job and who amongst us hasn’t done all they can to further their career and move jobs to increase their income, whilst being loyal to their current employer until such time as they realised they could increase their income elsewhere?

If the man wants to go, let him go, if he is unhappy be magnanimous and accept he is doing no different to the rest of us.

Fair play to him. Is exactly what we''re crying out for, would still be a massive player for us if played (4411 with him being the first 1) and we''d probably be scoring a lot more goals.

Yet we''re picking the "big names" instead of the best formation, and overlooking Hoolahan for Houghton''s own big money signings, despite the fact that the "big name big money" signings fail more often than not (perhaps Hooper aside).

Houghton doesn''t seem to cultivate the same sense of squad as Hoolahan was used to under Lambert. He has his main 11 players, and then the rest fill in only as and when they are needed. They are clearly the second rate players in his mind. With Lambert at Villa, even if Hoolahan isn''t starting week in week out, he will be made to feel like a valued part of the club. (And to be quite honest, I think he will walk into that team, play most weeks, and be a big player for them.)

Good luck to him, great player, been hugely important for us over the past few years, still probably should be, but if he isn''t wanted here I won''t begrudge him a move to be with Lambert again and maybe increase his retirement fund.

Funny how different people see different games. For me players like hoolahan were most effective at the tip of the diamond. If we played the diamond in this league hoolahan would be regularly marked out of the game by the 451 played by a lot of teams. When he played behind the striker in a 4411 he often got lost searching for the ball and the striker was so so isolated.

I wouldn''t blame hughton for trying to change the tactics. IMO every manager would have. If the diamond was such a super formation then lambert would play it now at villa. At the end of the day we won''t play the diamond and can we honestly fit hoolahan in? Out wide he''s lost and I''m CM I feel he drifts out of the game and he rarely makes a tackle. Would I start him over pilks Redmond snodgrass fer Howson? IMO no.

The lads 32 and we aren''t going to base our squad around him. He''s been a phenomenal player for us and sure I think he can come from the bench to change a game, but we can''t offer him first team football every week. At his age if he wants to leave we can''t stop him.

If we sign a good attacking midfielder then we have no reason to deny his wish

I think we should sell him, and I understand why he wants to go.

but despite his wishes, I do not think we should sell him to villa. This has nothing to do with our past history with villa, but it has everything to do with the league table.

many villa fans think he would be a so-so signing, be that as it may they also think he will be an important member of the team for the next 1-2 seasons and will probably start the rest of the season if they get him. we are but 1 point below Villa, and if we sell them a player that will help them finish above us, how much is the transfer fee really worth? Say they finish 10th and we finish 11th (optimistic or not) and Hoolahan played a large part in the rest of their season, is a 2 or 3 million sale really enough?

It''s always Hughton''s fault.

He plays 4-4-2 because fans desired it. He plays 4-5-1 and he''s deemed negative. Hoolahan will never play in a 4-4-2 under Hughton. You can''t have it both ways.

" Wes has been great but everyone''s time is up sooner or later. We should have been looking for a replacement for quite a while now. I doubt we would let Villa get him on the cheap but it''s sensible business to take money while we can. He won''t be getting another contract at CR and would only be back up if we kept him until 2015.

I understand the pain but time moves on for everyone. Knowing when you time is up is the hardest thing. It happened with Holt and now its'' the turn of Wes "

The player is under contract until the end of 2015. Which means that the club (and in turn supporters) are paying a considerable amount of money each month for his professional services - whether used on the pitch or not. So he can stay here and help train the U18''s as far as I care. A contract is a contract and should be honored.... it''s not modern day slavery.