Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Hoolahan transfer request rejected!

reading back through some of the posts and people say Wes would start at other premiership sides...

which ones would they be? because looking through the squads I struggle to see where he will fit in... bench if he leaves.

pure conjecture it seems his head has been turned with promises from a green and distant land, so he went to see about getting an improved contract which was either not forthcoming or insufficient in weekly amount or length.

He an sit on the bench here (just 5 starts out of 22) or sit on the bench elsewhere for more if terms agreed. The next contract is his last good one so can see where he is coming from.

I''m a great fan of Wes but we have to be realistic. With Gutierrez, Johnson and Fer and with Tettey and Howson soon to return, he knows he is unlikely to figure even on the bench (he certainly isn''t going to replace one of the strikers in a 4-4-1-1) so you can understand his frustration.However, he is contracted to us until 2015 and we all know Jan is a sellers market, so we can sit it out until an acceptable offer comes in (unlike the pittance Villa are reported to have offered). Or players leaving on a whim like Keith O''Neil, Sherwood, Bruce etc.It''s nice for the club to be in this position rather than how we''ve been in the past by having our best players leaving for the first offer that came in. McNally can sit back and watch which cards other clubs have to play knowing he has all the aces.

Always been a big fan of Wes and he''s the last player still with us from the starting XI in our L1 campaign.  At his age you can understand him wanting to extend his contract and the club not wanting to.  I''m sure he''d like to be playing more as well.

There''s no way we should sell him to any of our rivals, the money wouldn''t be worth it if it improves their performance for the rest of the season.  He''ll be sold in the summer almost certainly.

[quote user="GPB"]

We can get a little carried away with this , first and foremost Wes is looking for a payday. Going to Villa ticks a few other boxes but Wes, like most other players of his age have one eye on the future. This is , of course, encouraged by his agent.

Michael Bailey suggested last night on twitter that Wes had been to see the CEO to ask for a contract extension? And as a result of the "no"   slung in the transfer request. An interesting twist to the accepted view that Wes simply wants to go to Villa.

In truth, I suspect that Wes will spend as much time getting splinters at villa as he does here. To play him you need to fit the team around him , and that isn''t always possible. It isn''t just Hughton that think it, so did Trapattoni, and even on occasions Lambert.

I must say the "injury" before the cup game is really disappointing though isn''t it?

But as McNally says. "That''s Football"

[/quote]If that is what happened then Hoolahan asking for a contract extension was just a way of provoking a situation in which he could justify putting in a transfer request. There is no way we would extend his contract, and Hoolahan will have known that. This isn''t to criticise him. A sensible ploy under the circumstances. Those being that he wants to go to Villa. Or somewhere. But presumably Villa.

The real issue in this situation is that Hughton has the man management skills of glen rodent?

Morrison holt Vaughan Wes the list of players dissatisfied by his tactics and his management goes on and on.

Until the hapless fool is gone this will continue to happen.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

has thrown his toys out of the pram

[/quote]

Been here almost 6 years, played about 200 games for us. Last chance for a good move/contract.

Doesn''t really feel like he''s throwing his toys out.

Just that he is looking out for himself in the same that the club is looking out for itself.

get 2m and take it, he is past it, just like holt before him, could be a good move for all involved.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]The real issue in this situation is that Hughton has the man management skills of glen rodent? Morrison holt Vaughan Wes the list of players dissatisfied by his tactics and his management goes on and on. Until the hapless fool is gone this will continue to happen.[/quote]

Vaughan?

Is that why he wanted out?

Bloody Houghton. [:''(]

"he certainly isn''t going to replace one of the strikers in a 4-4-1-1"

Surely against the bigger teams in particular that is exactly how he should be utilised Lapps? I appreciate his efforts, but Elmander hasn''t exactly set the world alight.

Mick Dennis reporting that he was after a new 2 ½ year contract and we said no, so he handed it in. There we go.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"] Morrison holt Vaughan Wes[/quote]

......all quality players excelling in the Prem!

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]The real issue in this situation is that Hughton has the man management skills of glen rodent?

Morrison holt Vaughan Wes the list of players dissatisfied by his tactics and his management goes on and on.

Until the hapless fool is gone this will continue to happen.[/quote]

Lets hope it does continue. It has nothing to do with man management skills more a demonstration of good management in clearing out the dead wood.Morison, not good enough for the Prem, even Championship Leeds off loaded him to Millwall.Holt, great for us but reached his sell by date. Unable to cut it for Wigan. Now a bit part back up at Villa. He may still be capable of the odd decent walk on part but no doubt we parted company with him at the right time and got a decent fee.Vaughan, injury prone, Everton realised he would never make it and eventually we cut our losses when we realised it too. He will never be a Prem striker.All good examples of getting a decent fee for players who had little to offer for the future. Unfortunately for Wes his time is also fast approaching. He would never have been retained beyond 2015 in any event. He was great for us in his time and one of my all time favourites but time waits for no man.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]The real issue in this situation is that Hughton has the man management skills of glen rodent? Morrison holt Vaughan Wes the list of players dissatisfied by his tactics and his management goes on and on. Until the hapless fool is gone this will continue to happen.[/quote]

Vaughan?

I''m afraid that for every Vaughan, you have to justify why Redmond chose to come here because he had worked under Hughton, why Jonas chose to come here too, and why Hughton is incredibly well thought of throughout the footy community.

I await your reply...

[/quote]

2.5 years contract is probably fair as a player but its hard to feel wes would still be even a bench player by then if we are still in the prem and improving our squad - so I can see why the club rejected that.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Beefy is a legend"]. The Club has the right to say ''no'' and in 9 days time it''s likely that Wes will have to get on with remaining at NCFC.[/quote]Well we shall see , Beefy. I''m sure you''ll agree that there is plenty of water left to flow under this particular bridge over the next 10 days?I would agree with you up to a point, but I''m sure if AV  (or anyone else for that matter) come up with a decent offer (1.5 to 2 mil) then he''ll be sold . I know there''s all this emotional ''we mustn''t sell him to Lambert'' stuff from fans, but, frankly that counts for nought when cold hard cash comes into the equation. That sum is still, even today, a significant amount for a club like Norwich. Particularly for a 32 yo, who is near the end of his contract.In the end, it''ll be more a test of how badly Lambert wants him, and how desperate Wes is to get away.[/quote]

True enough Reggie. Then again, we may consider that helping Aston Villa gives them an advantage that may be the difference between finishing above or below them, which itself is worth c. £1m.

There is a very good reason why Man Utd won''t sell Rooney to Chelsea for example. You don''t hand your rivals a competitive advantage.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]The real issue in this situation is that Hughton has the man management skills of glen rodent?

Until the hapless fool is gone this will continue to happen.[/quote]

And what about that bounder Lambert using his lack of man management skills to force out such footballing greats as Anthony McNamee, Micky Spillane, Andrew Cave-Brown and the Doc?

Never heard you complain then about a lack of managerial skill.

Then again, perhaps all managers let go the players they do not want in their squads. Surely not!

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]

True enough Reggie. Then again, we may consider that helping Aston Villa gives them an advantage that may be the difference between finishing above or below them, which itself is worth c. £1m.

There is a very good reason why Man Utd won''t sell Rooney to Chelsea for example. You don''t hand your rivals a competitive advantage.[/quote]Bit of a difference, with respect , Beefy . Rooney is at the top of his game, and the money Moyes would have to fork out to replace him would be astronomical.  To counteract your argument, why then did Arsenal sell RVP to Man U, L''pool sell Torres to Chelsea, and (a little while back) Barça sell Figo to Real Madrid ?On the basis that Wes is not going to interest the top clubs, nor is he (presumably) going to want to drop down a Division, it could be argued that whoever we sell him to will be handed an advantage.Look, I''m not saying that I''m desperate to see Wes gone. But, if PL comes back with a decent offer that would swell our coffers, my belief is that this money would be more advantageous to us in the medium term than having Wes warming benches up and down the country.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"][quote user="Warren Hill"]

Vaughan?

I''m afraid that for every Vaughan, you have to justify why Redmond chose to come here because he had worked under Hughton, why Jonas chose to come here too, and why Hughton is incredibly well thought of throughout the footy community.

I await your reply...

[/quote][/quote]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=40nXl421xbg

Hughtom has his favorites. These two were favourites whilst he managed them. Simple really.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]The difference being my plastic friend is that you didn''t hear any of them coming out bitching about the Messiahs tactics and man management skills[/quote]
What are you talking about, other than Holt I haven''t heard a bad word against Hughton.
Oh and Morrison and Vaughan? Seriously? That''s your stick to beat Hughton with? lol

Its not so much who the players are, its what they say after they leave. Did anyone have a bad word to say about Lambert after he sold them on as we outgrew them? I don''t think you can really argue with the idea that Hughton is not particularly good at keeping squad players happy and valued.

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]Its not so much who the players are, its what they say after they leave. Did anyone have a bad word to say about Lambert after he sold them on as we outgrew them? I don''t think you can really argue with the idea that Hughton is not particularly good at keeping squad players happy and valued.[/quote]

This.

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]I don''t think you can really argue with the idea that Hughton is not particularly good at keeping squad players happy and valued.[/quote]Oh there will be a few, Dandy, believe me.To some, Hughton walks on water.

[quote user="swindoncanary"] Hoolahan must have known that if he put in a transfer request it would be rejected, he''s been here long enough. So why did he do it ?[/quote]
Give the crowd another reason for/increase the number wanting Hughton removed?

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]Its not so much who the players are, its what they say after they leave. Did anyone have a bad word to say about Lambert after he sold them on as we outgrew them?

I don''t think you can really argue with the idea that Hughton is not particularly good at keeping squad players happy and valued.
[/quote]

I recall Oli Johnson being less than impressed....

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]Its not so much who the players are, its what they say after they leave. Did anyone have a bad word to say about Lambert after he sold them on as we outgrew them?

I don''t think you can really argue with the idea that Hughton is not particularly good at keeping squad players happy and valued.
[/quote]

Maybe Lambert only got rid of the players who wouldn''t moan, the ones who had enough self awareness to realise their time had come. The ones who have left subsequently could be those perpetual ''harshly treated'' types who have never done anything wrong, it''s always someone else''s fault.

If Hughton was as bad as you guys make out there would be open revolt and there really isn''t any evidence of that.

When the other glamour boys like Crofts and Clingan left when we were sent down to league one, Wessi stayed. He brought creativity and guile to our squad for twp promotions and two and a half years in the Premier League.

His display against Man U a couple of weeks ago was sublime and every bit that of a top class player.

For all of that I thank him.

The rest of it is smoke and mirrors to me according to the inner or outer perspectives.

The fact as I see it is that CH does not play him enough to keep him here and PL has obviously promised him more time on the pitch and an appreciation of his talent.

I am sorry to see him go and would certainly not sell such a talent to a rival in January but respect his wish to play.

Btw the poster who stated that he had sold his house last month was on to something! Let''s not always shoot the rumours down.