Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Hoolahan transfer request rejected!

When it comes down to it, I''m a Norwich City fan above anything else, if Wes doesn''t want to be here, then I don''t want him here.

Maybe he was who Lennon was down to watch. Hope so. Anywhere other than frigging Villa.

Interesting that he refers to a meeting with McNally. I wonder if this is more contract related than anything else.

Blame Hughton not Wes you muppet!

If he was really needed why has he barely been played?

I wish him all the best!

Who would you like in his place? Danny Guthrie?

I''m surprised with this situation, and disappointed with Hughton and the club. Wes offers something different that none of our current midfielders do - the ability to unlock defences etc. The guy deservedly got MoM against Man Utd, so I can''t see how anyone can put him down. Very sad if he leaves, as I''d always try to fit him in the side if I was in charge.

The guy can entertain on the pitch, something that was so so absent in the game against Hull. Although we won the game he really should have come on.

Why would I blame Hughton?

Wes doesn''t have some god given right to be picked every week. He''s not bigger than the club.

Why would we buy Danny Guthrie in his place?

You''re really not making any sense.

Also, the name calling is just silly and unnecessary.

[quote user="splutcho"]Why would I blame Hughton?

Wes doesn''t have some god given right to be picked every week. He''s not bigger than the club.

Why would we buy Danny Guthrie in his place?

You''re really not making any sense.

Also, the name calling is just silly and unnecessary.[/quote]

And neither is hughton. Yet the incompetent fool is in a position where he is able to rip the heart out of this club.

Shame that Hoolahan has allowed Villa to turn his head mid-season.  As frustrated as he may be with the lack of first team football, he''s been poorly advised if he thinks Norwich will simply let him go or that Villa will stump up a sizeable transfer fee to make it worth Norwich even considering.Get used to watching games from the stands, Wes.

Hughton played him as many times as Lambert did last season, so perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye?

Amazing how some people jump all over this without actually knowing the facts. There really are some drama queens on this board.

Hughton also played Holt in basically every game and it didn''t stop him wanting to leave by January. Players can have other reasons for wanting a move other than time on the pitch.

If you really support the club you would want players of his ability here and actually playing not sitting on the bench watching your team play complete dross and losing.

He stayed when things were really bad and was critical in getting us to the PL!

A little gratefulness and respect towards him would go a long way.

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]Hughton also played Holt in basically every game and it didn''t stop him wanting to leave by January. Players can have other reasons for wanting a move other than time on the pitch.[/quote]
Money being the most obvious one.

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]Hughton also played Holt in basically every game and it didn''t stop him wanting to leave by January. Players can have other reasons for wanting a move other than time on the pitch.[/quote]

In which case maybe Hughton shouldn''t be blamed for Wes'' request.

As has been pointed out, Wes played alot of games from the start under CH last season. He''s not playing as much this year but there''s a degree of sense in that given the money we''ve spent on signings.

What is a little odd about this thread is the number of posters saying that he''s now going to leave, when the thread was started by an official Club post saying that his transfer request has been rejected.

I am grateful for his hard work, as I said in my first post. Once he goes though, I don''t care anymore, we will go on without him.

[quote user="snake-eyes"]If you really support the club you would want players of his ability here and actually playing not sitting on the bench watching your team play complete dross and losing.

He stayed when things were really bad and was critical in getting us to the PL!

A little gratefulness and respect towards him would go a long way.[/quote]
Hoolahan hasn''t been playing as for the majority of this season Hughton has been playing either a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 formation. Where does Hoolahan fit into that formation? Hoolahan''s talented and fun to watch, but he''s not worth abandoning an entire tactical plan for. Almost no one is at this level.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]
[/quote]Yep. I suspect however that if we really wanted to keep Wes then we could match or better any offer Villa make. They are under orders to slash their wage bill while we have loads of room to grow as we have one of the lowest wages/turnover ratio in the league.I think we have a situation where the coaching staff don''t care if he leaves, the CEO doesn''t want to give him a new contract, but also doesn''t want to deal with Villa.

"I.S."Hughton played him as many times as Lambert did last season, so perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye?

Did Holt set a bad precedent?

My take is that he wants a longer contract. The club don''t want to give him one, especially as he will be getting less games. And Lambert has stirred it all up by offering the contract he wants.

Anyway, at least it''s another stick......

That tree must be getting awfully bare.

Aren''t we eventually going to have to consider legal action against villa if thy are going to keep tapping up our staff like this?

Of course I want Wes at the club, but certainly not if he wants to be elsewhere. It''s difficult to be grateful when someone commits to a long term contract for financial reasons, and then decides they want to force their way out.

When''s his contract up? End of next season? I imagine he wants the security ot a longer deal.

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]
[/quote]Yep. I suspect however that if we really wanted to keep Wes then we could match or better any offer Villa make. They are under orders to slash their wage bill while we have loads of room to grow as we have one of the lowest wages/turnover ratio in the league.I think we have a situation where the coaching staff don''t care if he leaves, the CEO doesn''t want to give him a new contract, but also doesn''t want to deal with Villa.[/quote]
He''s contracted  until 2015 and will be 32 by that point. I can understand the reluctance in offering a longer-term contract when a player reaches those ages. There''s a reason Ferguson would only give players 1 year contracts when they reached that age.

Always sad to see a club legend move on (and he is) - what f*cks me off more than anything though is you just know it''s Villa...

Perhaps Wes asked for a further year or reassurances, but let''s be honest, we all know there''s no smoke without fire, the reality is that Lambert''s probably been tapping him up for months.