Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Hoolahan transfer request rejected!

I''d love to see Wes playing for us every home game but, if he is going to leave:

1) we need a replacement first

2) he should do himself a favour and go to Celtic

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]Its not so much who the players are, its what they say after they leave. Did anyone have a bad word to say about Lambert after he sold them on as we outgrew them? I don''t think you can really argue with the idea that Hughton is not particularly good at keeping squad players happy and valued.[/quote]
I''m sorry but where is this rampant criticism of Hughton from ex-players? Even Holt didn''t really say anything bad about Hughton.
I think people are just making stuff up now...

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]Its not so much who the players are, its what they say after they leave. Did anyone have a bad word to say about Lambert after he sold them on as we outgrew them? I don''t think you can really argue with the idea that Hughton is not particularly good at keeping squad players happy and valued.[/quote]
I''m sorry but where is this rampant criticism of Hughton from ex-players? Even Holt didn''t really say anything bad about Hughton.
I think people are just making stuff up now...
[/quote]
It''s not rampant criticism but certainly a criticism of the style of football being played and managed, and that obviously comes from Hughton and his team. If they criticise that, they''re criticising Hughton indirectly.

[quote user="VegasCanary"]
It''s not rampant criticism but certainly a criticism of the style of football being played and managed, and that obviously comes from Hughton and his team. If they criticise that, they''re criticising Hughton indirectly.
[/quote]
What criticism? Who is they? Holt having a bit of a moan last year is not evidence of this.

[quote user="Ginja"]
What criticism? Who is they? Holt having a bit of a moan last year is not evidence of this.
[/quote]Oh come on Ginge. Holt was lauded when he was here, and quite rightly. Just because he''s no longer a City player doesn''t mean everything he said should be poo-pooed. His words carry some weight.It was a little more than ''a bit of a moan''. He was pretty specific. Without going over the top he was rather critical of the Hughton mantra.

So Holt only then. One,out of how many,has had a moan about the current manager. The same player who had the best part of his career under the previous guy.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Ginja"]
[/quote]Oh come on Ginge. Holt was lauded when he was here, and quite rightly. Just because he''s no longer a City player doesn''t mean everything he said should be poo-pooed. His words carry some weight.It was a little more than ''a bit of a moan''. He was pretty specific. Without going over the top he was rather critical of the Hughton mantra.[/quote]

More than a little bit of self-interest in Holt''s criticism of course.

[quote user="Herman "]So Holt only then. One,out of how many,has had a moan about the current manager. The same player who had the best part of his career under the previous guy.[/quote]

Exactly Herman - if the football was only unimaginably uninspiring, how was it that Nathan Redmond chose to come to NCFC when Swansea were a-calling?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Ginja"]
[/quote]Oh come on Ginge. Holt was lauded when he was here, and quite rightly. Just because he''s no longer a City player doesn''t mean everything he said should be poo-pooed. His words carry some weight.It was a little more than ''a bit of a moan''. He was pretty specific. Without going over the top he was rather critical of the Hughton mantra.[/quote]
It was a moan, he even says in the article that he''s the biggest moaner. I''m grateful for what he did during his time here, but his words carry no weight for me, in fact they carry less working for that newspaper. I put weight in the great team spirit I saw on Saturday and the fact that our current players are clearly behind Hughton.
Anyway I''m still waiting to hear about all the other ex-players who criticised Hughton?

pretty obvious he wants to play under lambert, let him go, just slap a 4 million price tag on hims o it justifies the sale, if villa wont pay it then let him rot in the under 21s, dont let him train with the first team etc

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]Players criticising their former or current manager is pretty rare and we''ve had four do it in a short amount of time, Holt, Morison, Butterfield and Becchio.[/quote]

Bang on it''s just goes to show how hapless he truly is.

[quote user="iron_stan"]pretty obvious he wants to play under lambert, let him go, just slap a 4 million price tag on hims o it justifies the sale, if villa wont pay it then let him rot in the under 21s, dont let him train with the first team etc[/quote]doesn''t necessarily work that way as he may well have a clause in his contract that allows him to leave if certain conditions are metotherwise if he doesn''t want to be here then it is better that he moves onif our hopes of avoiding relegation are dependent upon a player that our manager thinks is not good (or suitable) enough for our team then we are in a worse state than most would think

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="iron_stan"]pretty obvious he wants to play under lambert, let him go, just slap a 4 million price tag on hims o it justifies the sale, if villa wont pay it then let him rot in the under 21s, dont let him train with the first team etc[/quote]doesn''t necessarily work that way as he may well have a clause in his contract that allows him to leave if certain conditions are metotherwise if he doesn''t want to be here then it is better that he moves on

[/quote]The fact that he has handed in a transfer request would suggest that either there is no clause or the conditions have not been met.I have no issue with him wanting to go but the whole thing stinks of Lambert trying to pull a flanker. £750k is a derisory offer and deserved nothing less than the short shrift that we gave it.

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"]Players criticising their former or current manager is pretty rare and we''ve had four do it in a short amount of time, Holt, Morison, Butterfield and Becchio.[/quote]

Becchio never criticised Hughton and actually said that there was no problem between him and the manager.

I won''t lose much sleep over the parting swipes of failures Morison or Butterfield

Has the club actually stated that a £750,000 bid has been formally lodged ?If so they are still free to bid what they want, just as we are free to refuse any bidI doubt if Lambert would be trying to do anything if Hoolahan was happy here - why isn''t he, if that is the case ?As to any clause then we might well be at the early stages

[quote user="City1st"]Has the club actually stated that a £750,000 bid has been formally lodged ?If so they are still free to bid what they want, just as we are free to refuse any bidI doubt if Lambert would be trying to do anything if Hoolahan was happy here - why isn''t he, if that is the case ?As to any clause then we might well be at the early stages

[/quote]My point being that whatever the clause, no bid has yet triggered it.

People are jumping to so many conclusions. Wes just wants to play football. He''s no mercenary and has been very loyal to us. He doesn''t deserve to be cast off with the u21''s if a move doesn''t materialise. So of you have short memory''s.

If Hughton would play him more he wouldn''t be leaving. And the fact we play better with him in the side just makes the whole situation frustrating. To think BJ gets more game time is scandalous. But he suits Hughtons safety first, defensive style of play.

[quote user="Ginja"]

Becchio never criticised Hughton and actually said that there was no problem between him and the manager.

I won''t lose much sleep over the parting swipes of failures Morison or Butterfield[/quote]You asked for players who have criticised the manager, don''t move the goalposts now you''ve been proven wrong. The point was that squad players get short shrift under Hughton so the players criticising him are obviously going to be ones who didn''t get a look in.Also worth noting that "failure" Morison scored more Prem goals in a supposedly worse side than any Norwich striker has under Hughton.

Good player & I would agree (to an extent) that we look better when Wes plays. However, whilst he helps solve the lack of creativity issue in the team he doesn''t solve the goal scoring one! When he plays as the No 10 he simply doesn''t get in the box enough. He played a decent chunk of last year & managed 3 goals. Indeed most were saying post Christmas last year that we needed 2 strikers!

Get what u can for him & allow him to move on whilst still loved by our fans.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="VegasCanary"]
[/quote]
[/quote]Holt (and Morison) having a moan last year is evidence they weren''t happy with the negative boring football being played, hence both wanted to leave.  Even Ruddy has come out with comments about trying to ''win games''.  Benno came out with the classic, ''draw our way to safety'' comment last season.I don''t think we have been anywhere near as negative in our play this season, but we are still very dull.  The broadsheets even describe us as "ambition free", and boring.

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="iron_stan"]pretty obvious he wants to play under lambert, let him go, just slap a 4 million price tag on hims o it justifies the sale, if villa wont pay it then let him rot in the under 21s, dont let him train with the first team etc[/quote]doesn''t necessarily work that way as he may well have a clause in his contract that allows him to leave if certain conditions are metotherwise if he doesn''t want to be here then it is better that he moves onif our hopes of avoiding relegation are dependent upon a player that our manager thinks is not good (or suitable) enough for our team then we are in a worse state than most would think

[/quote]The commonest clause is a relegation clause. If a club gets relegated from the Premier League then it has to accept an offer of a certain size (often what the player was bought for) from a PL club. I assume most of our signings over the last two or three seasons have insisted on such a clause. With a slight variation this was what enabled Derby to force us to sell Earnshaw to them.But that doesn''t apply here, and it is hard to see what clause Hoolahan might have stipulated that could be so precisely drawn as to be activated under the circumstances of this season, such as a lack of appearances.

Just wondering if any poster has ever worked in any business or organisation where everybody loved the boss? Why should everyone love Hughton? He may be a nice guy but he is not a saint. If he upsets some people so what?

I really don''t see the point being made here.

Lincoln Canary - "People are jumping to so many conclusions. Wes just wants to play football. He''s no mercenary"

Hilarious.

Cant blame him let him go I say. Dont need more malcontent in the dressing room. Blokes miserable cant blame him.Hootan wouldnt know what attacking is if it attacked him.Wes is to good to be benched, fights his whole career to be called up by Ireland finally makes it and gets dropped at club level ! Hilarious.Let him go play with his bezzies at Villa.Then maybe we can fire this clown in charge at Norwich.