Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

POTS So Far

I know its a tad premature but I was jus interested to know everyones top 3. Its tough but I''m going:

1. Bassong

2. Hoolahan

3. Tettey / Johnson

1. Hoolahan

2. Bassong

3. Ruddy/ Tettey

We look like a completely different team without Hoolahan. Where we would be now if we didn''t play him in the attacking midfield role in the last 4 seasons I don''t know. Best player at this football club.

I think about 8 players could be in top 3. Garrido, Whittaker, Snodgrass, Pilkington, Holt all been superb. Ruddy was superb up until injury. Turners improved since Liverpool game.

bassong for me - vocal, consistant, puts his body on the line, just a great defender.

i''m suprised people think BJ fo POTS as although he''s generally improved, mainly due to tettey i think, for me his passing in certain games this season has been as good as last season i.e bad. But thats just my opinon, would love to see howson just given a little more game time.

1) Whittaker (I missed his apparent clanger against Everton, but even if it was the worst own-goal ever, he''d still be top of my list)2) Ruddy (likely to fall down the list due to the very unfortunately timed injury)3) Tetty / Holt / Hoolahan / Johnson (in a dead heat for 3rd)

Must be Bassong for me.

That doesn''t take away anything from anyone else, they whole team have been superb on the current run!

But he''s scored goals, helped sure up our defence and could well be in for a shout as vice-captain in our squad

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Tsk. Boring....[/quote]

As someone once said, "sorry, but wtf does that have to do with football?"

Anyway, Bassong for me.

I bloody love Tettey, but don''t think he''d be in the running for POTS yet. We do miss him when he''s out though?

Bassong without him we would still be conceding

Holt without him we wouldnt be scoring as he creates so much space

Tettey controls the midfield

then of course theres Ruddy

Hoolahan.

I suspect it''ll probably go to Bassong because he''s a player that people wanted to like. Sometimes you make a signing and people are unsure of it and that player is always fighting an uphill battle to win the crowd over but Bassong was someone who was seen as a real good capture so before he''d even kicked a ball he had the fans behind him. And that''s not to say he hasn''t done bloody well for us because he has but also that kind of early popularity has seen him avoid taking a bit of criticism where maybe he should have done. The Villa away game is the best example, Turner was blamed by many for the Benteke goal (a knee jerk reaction as much as anything) but Bassong was the biggest guilty party in that.

But when you look at how much we struggle to produce our best football without Hoolahan, when you look at the way he links up our play all over the pitch and the sheer amount of work he puts in for the cause he gets my vote. I would also suggest that from an outside/neutral point of view it has been Hoolahan who has caught the eye this season, more than anyone else at the club.

It is a tricky one though because Bassong has been a massive boost to our defence but by the same token Michael Turner has been just as good defensively once he got into his stride and Whittaker, Garrido and of course Ruddy have all made massive contributions too.

Bradley Johnson has also really put in a shift for City this season and is a bit unlucky to be a bit forgotten about because Tettey has made such a good early impression.