Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers

Belgium to beat Wales for me, lots of quality up and coming players for Belgium such as Hazard, Kompany etc, look like a good bet to qualify and go far if they can gel as a team.

Good Luck Scooby and all pickers.

Conference South for me Scooby. Salisbury are top of the table and are strong at home where they have won all three this season scoring six goals. Eastbourne Borough have lost two and drawn one away and I don''t see them getting a result here.

Salisbury City                v               Eastbourne Borough                Home Win (8/13 on Bet365)

Good to see the selections coming in nice and early for Scooby. Good luck everyone[Y]

Andorra have played 104 international matches, won 3, drawn 10 and lost 91 so i really can''t see them troubling hungary on Friday (7.30).Andorra v Hungary.......Away win. Good luck Scoobs. [Y]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Sheff Utd win - will explain later

[/quote]

Sheff Utd have won 2 and draw 2 out of 4 so far this season.

Scunthorpe have lost all 4. Scoring 1!

10/11 @ Bet365

Belgium to be Wales for me this week. Hoping to keep the recovery going from my awful week1 prediction, but 2 in 2 since and looking to make it 3 in a row!

Good luck Scooby!

Snake

I consulted my psychic daddy long legs and I reckon those Portuguese will have a bit too much for Luxembourg, even if they are away from home.

My pick is a Portugal away win.

Good luck and God bless.

Well here we go Pickers.  Believe me, I have spent the last couple of hours deliberating over these and trying to decide which way to go and it has not been easy.  The thing I hate most when doing this is not including the picks of people who have obviously put time, effort and research into their choices.  As is always stated though, I can only pick 6 but a Huuuge thank you to everyone who has posted and made this weeks selection a difficult but very enjoyable task.
Right from the off, I have decided against the lower leagues of England.  I looked long and hard at the likes of Yeovil, Sheff U, Newport and many others that were suggested but, for me, it''s still to early in the season to get a clear idea of form.  I have therefore decided to go down the International route as there are usually far fewer surprises.
So without further ado, here they are:
1. Germany vs Faroe Islands.  Home win  (and my pick for this week Nutty)
2. Luxembourg vs Portugal.     Away win
3. Spain vs Saudi Arabia.        Home win
4. Andorra vs Hungary        Away win
5. Moldova vs England        Away win
6. Russia vs Northern Ireland   Home win
As you can see I have tried to play as safe as possible but with England''s propensity for screwing things up and Northern Ireland possibly pulling off a shock I am non too confident.  I nearly went for the Argies but as someone pointed out, ''''Paraguay can park a good bus''''.  After last seasons effort in which my 6 conceded 0 goals and scored 20 odd (am I right Nutty?), and I failed down to a 0-0 draw, I just want to get something in the bank!!
Good luck everyone.
(And Graham H. If you''re ill, get well soon.  If it''s alcohol induced..... Man up!!)

Morning all not much value in this one but I''ll go with...

Argentina v Paraguay....Home win.

All the best to Scooby and all this weeks pickers.

Good luck this week Scooby, the International fixtures usually throw up a surprise so I''m going to play it safe, I expect:England to beat MoldovaGood luck Scooby, and all you Pups.

You''re right Scooby. Last season your 6 selections scored 23 and conceded 0!! I have a feeling you will get some compensation with these.

I didn''t say this in my opening post because I didn''t want to put pressure on Scooby. But it''s ok to pressure him now because he''s selected[:D]. International weekend, especially when it''s Wolrld Cup, really is our best chance of winning. Ray and I always recognised that and I''m not sure of the exact stats but I reckon we win in more international weekends than we lose. That''s why I felt it important to make it possible to include Friday''s games.

Thank you Scooby. These look a great final six and I believe our good run of winning in international weekends is set to continue. If ever there was a time to play safe then international weekend is it. I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and the potential return is £18.68. Here are the details : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Germany @ 1/100
Portugal @ 1/33
Hungary @ 1/12
England @ 3/10
Russia @ 1/5
Spain @ 1/16
6 Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
07/09/2012 10:18:0510.000.00
Total for this period 10.000.00

All the games are today. Russia get us underway at 4pm followed by Hungary at 7:30. Germany, Portugal and England kick off at 7:45 and finally Spain at 9pm.

Good luck everyone.

Late once again this week, really need to get into the habit of making my picks Wednesday night.
I''m going to jump on the Portugal wagon this week.
Nutty is there a plan to get our money to the club now that FONCY is going to be wound up?
Davo