Sign in to follow this  
Hugh J Wurzell

Will you boo Lambert

No.

And anyone who does has an extremely short memory and should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

No reason to boo him, he didn''t shag my missus or anything.

I''ll certainly join in with giving him a bit of stick if we''re doing well and Villa aren''t though.

Not me.Elderly neighbours and thin walls.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]No.  Because I am not, for example, a moron.[/quote]

Made me laugh!I won''t. Not sure if I''ll applaud him though. He''s done his bit and evened himself out by leaving the way he has.

I wont boo him but I do hope his career goes the same way as Mike Walkers did. Nothing personal Paul but if you are not with us you are against us.

and those who cheer him will they still cheer him after the game IF his team spanks us? He shouldnt be booed or cheered!!!

So, a pretty clear split. Real fans will boo him, wig wearers halfy half scarf sporting Gerrard applauding apologists won''t.

Boooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Hugh J Wurzell"]

When he rocks up at Carra Rud with whatever "big team" he washes up at, will you boo, jeer and hurl abuse at him?

[/quote]

No, because I am over 8 years old.

Booing ex players and managers is pathetic and embarrassing.

Lambert got us Premier League football and we gave him incredible support during every single game he has been our manager. We are even. We move on. I won''t clap, I won''t boo - I''ll just support our team and our manager who is wearing our badge on the day, as always, no matter who they are.

I will just want us to beat him...........remember when we hammered Everton 3-0 at Carrow Rd just after Walker left us for them.......even Culverhouse scored that night!!................speaking of Culverhouse Hmm [^o)]

Wont boo him unless he does or says something that deserves it, like unsettle our best players and takes them to villa. at the moment he will prob get a warm reception, appreciative applause, but we will all want to beat his team alot more, and im sure there would be banter of lambert whats the score etc. think we would be more inclined to boo glenn roeder if he ever brought a team to carrow road

[quote user="stratton canary"]

I feel the Mike Walker  song coming on ! for older city fans remember Wycome away  F A CUP 3rd round anyone

[/quote]

very much so.....i was there that day!!

.........oooooohhhhhhhh  Mike Walker''s a w**nker , wears a   etc etc etc

lets hope Lambert''s career goes the same way as Walker''s.................and like Walker, if he comes crawling back here for his job...it may or may not be available?

Ah so only real fans will boo him? That''s funny, having watched Norwich for many years all over the country (and Europe) I was under the impression I was a real fan. Evidently not because I won''t boo Lambert. I stand corrected.

I will not boo him, nor applaud him if he ends up at Villa.

Reasons? If he had left us for a top 6 or European team, then I would have applauded his return. If he ends up at Villa, under this hissy fit resignation saga, then I will keep my hands in my pockets. I do not understand his reasons (none given yet, I know), but cannot for the life of me see why (for reasons I have listed on another thread) If it was for family reasons, then that would also be different, but for footballing reasons? No.

Ill applaud him before the game, but during the game he is just another manager, so would focus on cheering for our new boss.I personally find booing ex players and managers to be pathetic, but I am sure several will do so.

I think it''s too early to say what the reactions will be.  We don''t even know what is definitely happening with Lambert yet.

Should he leave and go to another Premier League club I think it will all depend on what comes out in the wash.  The Club have been very complimentary, professional and polite to Paul in their statement and should Paul leave (which seems fairly certain), how will he behave towards us? 

Will he remain tight lipped if there are some things which he wasn''t happy with?  Would you want him to keep it to himself or would you want him to speak about it, even if that meant some negative comments came in the direction of the Club?

I also think it depends on what happens with our players and if he tries to come back and ''poach'' any of them.  It''s easy to say players aren''t for sale, but if Lambert wants 2 or 3 of our players and heads are turned, then that could make it difficult for the new manager.

You would assume that Lambert would take Culverhouse and Karsa with him.  Without them and certainly without Culverhouse, how successful would he be?  If he left and Culverhouse wasn''t in the running for manager then any new manager would bring their own people in anyway.

The £1m compensation figure that has been bandied about a bit doesn''t seem that much.  Is this figure just accounting for Lambert or for Lambert and his management team?