Sign in to follow this  
alysha

Crystal Palace Match Chat

The commentator said that we were very poor for the final 15 minutes. Things can only get better.....

[quote user="paul moy"]The commentator said that we were very poor for the final 15 minutes. Things can only get better.....[/quote]I (prefer to) think you meant to put a ''wink eye'' smiley above that post.

[quote user="Ncfc26"]

[quote user="Robornio"]I hope we don''t make another Ashton mistake. We need a striker to hit the ground running this season, otherwise it''ll be brief.[/quote]

It''s a friendly ffs

[/quote]

And your rude point is? We''re preparing for the worlds hardest league and we fail to score against a week palace side. Shows what use playing against German pub sides did for us.

Just leaving the ground. We played them off the park but...you have to go forward not sideways. No threat up front and couple of mistakes at back. Were we heading champ I would say mid table- Prem we are in REAL trouble. Whitbread and Crofts looked class the rest VERY average

[quote user="Robornio"][quote user="Ncfc26"]

[quote user="Robornio"]I hope we don''t make another Ashton mistake. We need a striker to hit the ground running this season, otherwise it''ll be brief.[/quote]

It''s a friendly ffs

[/quote] And your rude point is? We''re preparing for the worlds hardest league and we fail to score against a week palace side. Shows what use playing against German pub sides did for us.[/quote]

My point is that it doesnt matter that we lost it is only a friendly Liverpool got resoundly beaten by a Hull side who are a mid table Championship side Liverpool have since been tipped for the title get a grip sunchine

[quote user="Robornio"][quote user="Ncfc26"]

It''s a friendly ffs

[/quote]

And your rude point is? We''re preparing for the worlds hardest league and we fail to score against a week palace side. Shows what use playing against German pub sides did for us.[/quote]Clearly failing to score against any of Stevenage, Dagenham and Lincoln last year did us great harm.

If you kids carry on gobbing off i swear i will turn this car around!No Premier League football, no Sky camera''s, and you''ll miss auntie Delia during one of her ''episodes'' (and we all know how much fun that is [;)]).

If we are going to have a "plan B", I hope we try it from the off against Southend. If Pilkington is fit lets try a 4-4-2 for 90 mins with him on one-wing and Bennett on the other and just as importantly pair Holt & Morison together - which I don''t believe we''ve done yet ? - to get on the end of crosses.

I take my hats off to anyone that went there tonight, must be pretty miserable right now?........then again I think your''e bloody mad for going in the first place !!!

Oxford beat Birmingham 2-0 tonight, I''m sure Chris is throwing in the towel in regards to his promotion chances this season.

Right that''s it. I''m off to the Box Office for a refund on my ST tomorrow. If we can''t beat Palace then we have no chance. I''ve said all along that Lambert doesn''t know what he is doing. No strikers, no effort, no ambition. I''ll be glad to get back to the third division so that we can all have a REAL moan. And the seats were too expensive. [:@] 

What a load of old tosh some of you talk.Pre-season friendlies have never been any indication of how the season will go when the real thing starts. Excitement over a 11-0 win over some German Blind school x1 or a 0-1 defeat to Palace mean absolutely bugger all.Useful as a run out and building up fitness but nothing more than that.

I was at the game, looked like men v boys at times, City were so much stronger than Palace all over the park. It was only when City made 9 changes on 60 mins that Palace came back into it a little bit, but we were still way on top. I know we lost, but it wasn''t a true reflection on the game.

In general I''m pleased with what I saw, certainly not going to start moaning away like most on here.

Was expecting a defeat tonight tbh. Palace have been in training a week extra and have had four tougher games than our three. A useful excercise and good to get a game against a decent team as opposed to the three pub teams so far.

Thanks for your view on the game. It was tough to get a grasp on how we were playing from listening to the 2 muppets that were crystal palaces commentators! They were ruuuubbbiisssh to be kind!

Some things to remember!

It was a friendly and friendlies are notorious for meaning diddy squat and no indication of how a teams going to perform.

In the 1980''s and 1990''s a good pre season for Norwich results wise normally resulted in a poor season and vice versa occurred as well!

We rarely do well against Palace. I bet even if we were the World club champions and Palace had been relegated out of the League they''d still beat us!

at times we looked really good...De Laet and Korey especially. Hoping for some new ideas to be used on Saturday.

oh....and if anyone knows the %^&*()!!! who was sitting at the front wearing last seasons shirt with a number 4 and ''STEWART'' on it...please tell him to shut up during the match, he was funny for 2mins...not the whole 90!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]The players are supposed to be playing for places and they still can''t raise their game far enough to compete with lower league opposition. Really doesn''t bode well![/quote]You''re a tit...When''s the last time pre-season determined our actual season? Our pre-season before League One with Gunn was actually pretty good...now how did that Colchester game go again?Get a grip. Or stay in Nottingham..

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="TheGoogler"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]sheit 1-0 palarse, it''s going to be a long long season[/quote]Oh give it a fucking rest.[/quote][Y][/quote]I would like to second, or third that sentiment.

If anyone cares to checkout Blackpool''s pre-season results last year, you will see they lost to Crewe and Hibs, yet then beat Wigan away 4-0 on the opening day.

Pre-season means diddly squat. As a previous poster has said, good pre-seasons in the past have led to relegation battles, while poor pre-seasons have led to promotion seasons.

We might be eager to follow our team once again, but its 13th August that is the ONLY match that matters between now and then.

In Lambert we trust, remember!!!

Some of you lot are completely mad! For a start most of you were not there so have nothing to base this wild assumption that we were played of the park and given a spanking... by all acounts from the twitter and the bits of information come back from those ACTUALLY there was that we dominated palace and had good build up play.Will Lambert care or be worried about this? No, of course not, please read the article about places being up for grabs he says that the purpose of pre-season is fitness and experimenting with tactics and formations.

Should we be worried? No! because as many have said it means nothing generally in respect to how our season goes.. our last two pre-seasons reflect that.Lets look at it the other way, should be pleased? Well yes, something didnt quite work tonight with our play to get that goal and thats something they can work on... Id rather that happen now when we have more games to practie then being found wanting at Wigan.

Apparenlty there is no way Vaughan and Ward will make the Southend game, I think it was confirmed that Vaughan has swelling on the knee, but I''m not sure about Ward, hope it''s nothing too serious. Not that it maters anyway, as we will thrash Southend without them, confirming that we will win the Premier League, after all, we all know how much influence the results of pre-season friendlies has on a season.

Just back from the match, thought we played well to a point, some real positives and some things to work on. Jackson looked sharp up front, was a handful for his marker, and De Laet is going to be a big asset this season, a shrewd acquisition. I''m not having a go, but some of the passes Johnson made reminded me of OTJ, where he would just spank it as hard as he could sideways, into the stand most times.

I was also at the game. There were a lot of positives! Two players that stood out for me were Tierney and De Laet! I thought Tierney looked great going forward and in defence. De Laet was composed on the ball and good in one on one situations! Johnson was another who played well! If I were a palace fan I wouldn''t be too happy even though they won the game. We totally outplayed them, especially in the first half and the at times it looked like the objective was just to keep the ball and not try and score! But it''s a friendly and I didn''t leave disappointed. I left feeling very positive about the season ahead and I really think that we will surprise many in the PL!

OTBC